Simple Choreography Recommendations

Seabush

Cathlete
Do all of Cathe's step tapes contain complex choreography to them? I'm looking for tapes with basic choreograhy (nothing fancy) for this klutz: :)

Thanks

Crystal

Imax and Body Max have fairly basic choreography. I don't own the Wedding Tape, but I hear that is a great one to start with!

CTX kickboxing choreography is simple. But it is of course only available with the whole CTX series. Yea, Cathe has a lot of choreography. I guess Interval Max choreography isn't too hard. But the workout itself is! Jeanne

Now you can get each CTX tape separately! Their choreography is simple to complex, but the cardios are short enough that they're easy to master after 3 workouts in my opinion. Yes, IMax is simple if you ignore the turn away from the TV at the beginning.
Step Heat and Step Max are a little simpler than the average Cathe tape. One tidbit for you: once you master one tape, the next ones are really quite easy! Cathe is consistent and an excellent cuer! Rhythmic Step is so fun because of that.

Also, when your cardio condition is good, you can concentrate on the steps without being distracted by tiredness. Another reason to go straight to IMax...
-Connie

If you own a DVD player and you can, get the CX DVD's. They are by far the best workout package I've ever purchased from Cathe. The cardio section are short (about 30 min.) and it's got CXT Upper Body, Leaner Legs as well as a separate ab section. You can mix up the cardio sessions do one bodypart per day or do the enire CXT Upper Body portion with or without cardio one day and then do Leaner Legs the next. It was a great buy! I usually mix this up with Firm tapes as well as running. It really helped me break through a training plateau because of the variety and intensity of the cardio. Also, the choreography in the cardio sections is basic except for All Step. Good luck!

Even though Cathe's choreography is complex, she breaks it down into its components and repeats everything at least eight times. If you start with one of her earliest tapes, like Mega Step Blast or Step Heat, you will learn many of the steps she uses throughout her tapes. I have found her tapes the easiest to follow of all of the popular video instructors because her cueing is so good.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.