Shrinking Violets Sat Dec 16 to ??? ; )

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

The toilet....YUCK! Men should have to do that job as they are the ones that make it so darned gross! LOL

I know about the sink...globs of toothpaste and hair from shaving everywhere!

AAAAHHHHHH!

I feel better now that I got that off my chest!:p

I finished my WO finally. I did the Cardio and Weights premix from BM2. I really liked this one. The step portions kicked my butt tonight! Didn't hydrate enough today. Shame on me. I matched Cathe's weight on everything. Those shoulder presses with 15#s was hard, but I managed. And the last 4 or so concentratin curls were tough, but I pulled them off too, barely. Great WO.

Well I am glad I am not the only one with a messy DH!!! You are so right that they should always have bathroom duty! DH has garbage duty, so I secretely overstuff the garbages on purpose so it makes his job more difficult. I know it drives him nuts! Payback baby!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hello ladies.....

i miss a day and come back to find out you all are talking about the most favorite thing to do in the world- clean the house. (walks away from the computer moaning and groaning) lol

ugh- i have got to clean my house but don't have the time. we are having family coming in on saturday. my oldest son's bday is on friday and we are having a bday party for him. i still haven't totally finished shopping and forget about wrapping one single gift. i have a headache thinking of all the things that i must get done in a short amount of time.....double phoooey:(

yesterday my baby got sick in school and has a fever so according to their policy he can't return to daycare for 24 hrs. which of course i wouldn't take him back today anyway. he's going to the dr. so today i will be home with a sick child. i will attempt to at least wrap some gifts during nap time.

meg-count me in on messy dh's. i swear i truly wonder how they ever made it on their own without a wife. i will have to try your payback-haha, i love it!

wendy- not quite sure i believe you about cleaning all week with no breaks, lol. the open enrollment season is over at the end of this month then i will be able to breath. i know they are going to be upset about me not coming into workout today...oh well.

heather- you will absolutely love the GS series. IMO it's her best strength training series. i like s&h but gs series has more of a fun factor for me.

jean- sorry to hear about your beloved dog. i know it's really hard on you and dh right now. ((((hugs))))

WHERE'S KALI?

my workout today will be amy bento's APX upperbody premix and a 2 mile run on the treadmill. although now meg has me wanting to try the cardio and weights premix:p

Good Morning Violets!:)

Meg, Great work out! You are kickin' butt since you got the new work outs! Wooh!}( My DH has gargage duty as well and he can't even do that well half the time! ACK! His job is to empty the kitchen garbage, fill the cans and take them in and out for garbage day. Well, he forgets to empty or more likely IGNORES the over-flowing kitchen garbage. He will forget at times about garbage day so we end up over-loaded! He will leave the cans at the curb for days after the garbage has been picked up. He will bring the cans in to right inside the fence instead of to where they belong-where I can take the full kitchen bags and just drop them over the railing into the cans. Men are inherently lazy about household chores I think...except for the rare few!x( x( x(

Sunny, To answer your question, my DH did NOT make it on his own. He lived with his mom, moved in with me and my mom and then we moved in to the house we are in now. I WISH he had lived on his own for a while because I think he'd be better if he had! Sorry you are overwhelmed. That stinks. I get uber cranky when I get overwhelmed. Does your DH help you at all? When I worked f/t my DH did more around the house. That was the agreement. When I go back to work f/t one day, he will again do more. It's only fair IMO.

Okay..enough complaining about messy DH's!:p

I have the Leg Blast Premix from B&G on tap for this afternoon and then a kickbox class at my gym tonight. I hope I can kick after doing that premix!:eek: LOL

I have no DOMS from pub chest and tri's y'day. I'm pist! I need to buy heavier weights!!!! I actually might get for Christmas but if I don't I'm buying them ASAP!}(

wendy- my dh is helpful at times. it's something that we have to discuss every so often.:( he did live by himself before we got married. he detests housework as do i. however he is very helpful with the children so i am very thankful for that. that is some workout you have planned for today. whew, i will anxiously await your posts tomorrow to see if you are able to walk, lol

i need to purchase some heavier weights also. well i don't need to because we have those dumbbells that you can put on weight plates but i don't like using those.

Don't feel bad Sunny-
When I worked F/T and my DH would do more around the house, MOST of it had to be requested of him. He did not work well on "auto-pilot"! LOL It was annoying and I tried to change it but no go. I decided that it was better than the possible alternative, right? ;) DH isn't bad with Joey. He helps, he plays, he watches. Again though, unless I ASK HIM, he tends not to take charge in that situation either. ACK! LOL

Wendy- I think we have a lot in common with the DH's!! In Colorado, DH used to cook dinner every night! And he would always ask me if I wanted a drink or something when he got up. He took over everything the first two weeks after Chase was born! And when Iwas on bedrest with Connor, he did everything again.
Boy, those were the days LOL!!!
Ooooh, good luck kickboxing! I am curious to hear how that goes!

SD- sorry bout the little one! Both mine are sick again! I am praying it is just another bug, and no infections of anykind, cuz it will be pretty much impossible to get to the doc today. I am supposed to have my 9mo old niece here today too since sis has a root canal today. Have a good WO!

I am thinking maybe DM later. Have all day to decide!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning! I am feeling much better this morning. After a nap yesterday morning, I jogged on my rebounder for a few minutes and did the Butts and Guts warm-up and leg blast premix. I had to go to work in the afternoon, but I went to bed early last night.

My Gym Styles and other DVDs will be here Thursday. I just placed my order yesterday morning and received a shipping notice last night. Wow! That was fast. I was not expecting to receive my package until after Christmas. Cathe’s staff is amazing.

I jogged on my rebounder this morning and did Slow and Heavy Shoulders. This is my last week of this rotation. I am planning a recovery week after Christmas to rest and get ready for my January rotation.

Y’all would love my baby brother. He does most of the housework. He even cleans toilets and showers! He is a clean freak too, so he does a good job. He is a great daddy and takes good care of my precious little niece. My sister-in-love found a real gem.

Jean, the weather in Texas is beautiful this week. It feels like summer again! I am glad you enjoyed a nice walk. Kathryn got me hooked on Nutiva organic hemp protein powder. I am sensitive to soy and feel better when I keep animal protein to a minimum. This has a nutty flavor that tastes great in smoothies.

Sunny, it is good to know that the Gym Styles are fun. They look intimidating to me! I am thinking about doing Pyramid Upper Body for 8 weeks to prepare for all those push-ups. I can do push-ups on my toes after a Pyramid Upper Body rotation. I hope your little one feels better today.

Wendy, have fun with the leg blast premix! Try the Drill Max scrambled cardio premix. It is fun! Cathe edited out the squat thrusts, and she repeats some of the drills and mixes up the order. I cannot believe you did not get chest DOMS from Pyramid Upper Body. That one gets me every time.

Maeghan, I love the Body Max 2 cardio and weights premix. It is a lot of fun. The cardio blast premix is fun too. Since you worked your upper body yesterday with that premix, try the Drill Max leg blast premix or scrambled cardio premix. Both are fun!

Kali and Kim, I miss you!

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Took your advice Heather (thanks) and I just completed DM scrambled cardio premix, plus B&G Bonus Stability abs and stretch, then 10 min of yoga. I was really dripping with sweat. That was a fun cardio! I didn't want to do the whole DM cuz my UB, mostly shoulders were sore from yesterday.
CRAZY day here with all the kids.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hi all. Long day for me. Left for work at 7:00am, got home at almost 8pm. I'll see you all in the morning, and will hopefully have a workout to report.

Jean

Good Morning Violets!:)

Heather: Thanks for the suggestion of the scrambled cardio premix from DM. I'll have to try it soon.

Meg: Great work out y'day girl! You are really going to town with the new work outs!}(

Jean: Sorry you had such a long work day y'day. I hope you can get a w/o in today.

Well, my legs survived y'day's leg blast premix. I have no signs of DOMS so that means I can do it AGAIN this week!}( }( }( KB class was fun last night.

I have PUB in it's entirety today.

Have a great day!:)

Good morning ladies,

quick check-in as i am back to work this morning....

today i did a 3.5 mile run on the TM. i felt really good!

tonight i have an interview at a local gym for a personal training position. keep your fingers crossed for me ladies:)

have a wonderful hump day:D

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning! This is my cardio day, and I need a workout that does not require a lot of energy. The stress at work is wearing me out. PMS is not helping. My cycle has not started yet even after all the cramps earlier this week, and I feel tired and bloated. The good news is that I finished my Christmas shopping last night. I finally found gifts for my precious little niece who just celebrated her first birthday last month. I need to share pictures someday because she is too cute for words. :7

I hope my Cathe calendar arrives today. I need a burst of inspiration.

Maeghan, I am glad you like the scrambled cardio premix. :)

Jean, enjoy your workout today. :)

Wendy, enjoy Pyramid Upper Body. :)

Sunny, I hope you get hired as a personal trainer! I would love to train with you. :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Good morning.
Glad to hear your legs ssurvived that yesterday Wendy! Fry the UB good today!

Sunny- ooohhh good luck! What fun that would be. Glad the llittle one better.

Jean- glad to see you pop in last night. Hope you get one in today.

Heather-let us know what you decide. Can't think of any easy ones right now. Hope you feeling a bit better and work gets easier.

I hope to do B&G later. i want to get the boys into the doc today. Both still sick and feverish. Want them to be good for the big day!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hello all.

Just a quick minute to report that I did get up and tried out one of the B & G premixes. I had to switch it up a little by doing about 1/2 the leg work and then fast forwarding to the ab portion. The leg portion got my heart rate up so high, I had to bail on the rest of the leg work. That's what I get for being a slug the past couple of weeks. Going for a walk at lunch so that will make up for some of it.

Hope you all have a great day.

Jean

I eeked out PUB before Joey got up from his nap this afternoon. I skipped the ab work though as I just did that exact ab work y'day. I am considering a stretch or some yoga before bed tonight. :)

I have a long run on tap at the gym in the morning and then a day of housework (with no breaks, Meg!:p ). I will be visiting my mom in the afternoon with Joey as well.

Hope everyone is geared up for the holidays! As it turns out I have a few more small gifts to wrap...I keep picking up last minute stuff!}(

Have a great night...I have to hand over the PC to DH for a little while...the nerve of him!:p

Later Chicas!:*

hello violets,

today's workout will be a premix from butts & gutts not sure which one yet. i will decide in a few minutes.

well, i did get the job as a personal trainer at the gym!!! that's the good news, the bad is now we need to decide if and how to make it work with basically one less salary. because as a pt you only get paid when you train and of course you must first build your clientele. so i am thinking of maybe working a part time job and scheduling the gym around those hrs.
also, i had a phone interview yesterday for the associate fitness director position at the ymca. the director said she would call me back to schedule an interview!!!! ladies please pray hard for me :D

wendy- listen to me...stop buying more gifts:p . christmas is such a fun (hectic) time of the year. it always seems like there is so much to get esp. for the kiddies. i acually have to buy double for my oldest because his bday is tomorrow!!!

meg-you are kicking out some serious workouts girl!! how are the boys doing today? better i hope.

heather- did you get your calendar yesterday? i broke down and ordered one yesterday...hehehe

talk to you ladies later. i am off to browse the want ads until it's time to head up for my workout.

have a great day to all:)

Good Morning everyone!

Sunny: See my silly congrats post in the Cheetah thread regarding your new job!:+ Do the leg blast premix girl!}( }( }(

I am going to the gym for a long run today and hope to also fit in a long stretch or some yoga x later on.

Have a great day.:)

Oh SD, to bad yo ulive so far away! I would be your client! Good luck and congratulations!!

I totally slacked last night. I was doing housework, WITH breaks!! and I collapsed on the couch. I did B&G in my head, that counts right? LOL!! I was tired. Boys were miserable especially Connor. He has the flu. Glad I took them to the docs yesterday.

Not sure what to do today. Figure it out later I guess.

Mornign guys!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.