Shrinking Violets Monday Dec 11

Meg: The classes aren't bad but I HAVE to take one per week as an employee if I want my gym membership for free otherwise I wouldn't be taking them right now. I am following a rotation that I created of the GS series and running but now I have to fit in a class every week as well. Sorry you are feeling so gross. DH and I just went through that over the weekend. I know it stinks! :-(

Well, I have to run...time for work!

TTYL!

Hi all.

Maeghan, there is nothing worse that having a cough and a sore core. Ouch. Are you sneezing too? Because that can be painful too. Hope you feel better.

Wendy, I don't iron unless I absolutely have to. Your classes sound cool. That's kind of neat that the employees take the classes. Is it to familiarize the employees with what the classes are about?

Still no word on my puppy dog. I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst and than that way if it's not the worst than I'll be excited. She's 14 and it's going to be hard to let go when the time comes.

Where is everyone else? Wendy when you said let's make this a weekly thread I don't think you meant for us to only check in weekly. I know look whose talking. I'm trying to do better, because posting does help me through the day.

Take care everyone.

Jean

Hi Jean. I just mean we should start less threads but post daily. We can keep one thread going for a few days and when it starts to get too long we can start a new one the next day. That's all I meant. :) The gym wants employees to take the classes so that they can talk to members about them if one should ask about a class. I like the classes and don't mind taking them. I just hate being told I HAVE to do it ya know? On the other hand though, the inconvenience saves me $35.00 a month in dues so I guess it all evens out in the end. :) I agree on the cough/sneeze and sore throat thing. That is just awful! x(

Well, I did GS Legs floor and actually got through the first 30 mins of Yoga X! I have been meaning to try it to see what I am in for with my P90X rotation. I am not a yoga person at all. I admit though that this wasn't so bad. I can't imagine 90 minutes of it though!:eek: I think I am going to have to shorten that up a bit!:p

ETA: I just finished a shake I made...YUM!:9 Skim milk, vanilla protein powder, 1 banana, 1 tablespoon of natural p/b and a little chocolate syrup for flavor. WOW, was it tastey!:)

Sounds good Wendy. I am such a cheapskate! I want protien powder, but don't want to pay for it! LOL!!!

Hi Jean, yes I am sneezing too, but the cough is worse. I got some medicine for it, so it hasn't been too bad, but it always get worse at night.

I am planning UB. My inner thighs are smoked LOL!!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Meg, I don't even pay $10.00 a can for the powder I buy from the food store! Talk about cheap! :7 I won't pay alot either...OBVIOUSLY!:p

Maeghan, I get mine at Walmart and I think I pay about $9.00. I'll double check. I know sometimes they have different brands when I go so I'll check it out.

Wendy, I was just joking about the weekly. It's just that we haven't heard from SunnyD, Kali or Kim much, lately. Hope they are OK. I know Heather always checks in every couple of days. I love how upbeat see always sounds. Your shake sounds good. I always just mix mine with and gulp it down. I need to be more creative.

Jean

Well, I just finished BM2 Double UB. I am still shaking. I matched Cathe's weight, except the second set of Military presses, I went to 8's. ANd the first set of concentration curls I did 10#s. I liked this one alot. Good UB. I didn't do the abs. Still sore.

Gotta go finish my spaghetti!!

Jean- I gotta check out more at Walmart then!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hi ladies,

i finally made it here this week. i was thrown off by this being on monday's date but i see how it's changed. cool! betcha thought you got rid of me, huh. LOL

ladies, my stinking job is kicking my butt. we don't even get breaks anymore because we are just so busy and tomorrow they are cutting our lunch hr. down. they also want us to work until 7pm tomorrowx( x( . one of the girls from my dept. asked me if i was gonna be able to stay (because i am the one to pick up the kids) i told her i would have to talk with my dh to see what's on his plate for tomorrow. she started getting all pissy telling me it was mandatory, yadda, yadda, yadda. excuse me but i already spoke to the mgr. about it. she is aware of my situation. dh works alot of hrs. and his paycheck pays for our livelihood my checks are chump change, lol. so if we both need to work late then i am the one picking up our children, end of story. i tell you people really get besides themselves.

ok, after my book, lol- today's workout was gs legs. i planned on coming home after work and get on the ellipical but my hammies are screaming at me}( .

meg- i am glad to see you are enjoying the new cathe's. aren't they great!! walmart is always good for a good sale, wink-wink

wendy-the new rule at your gym sucks. doesn't make sense to me, what are they loosing if you don't take any of the classes...(scratches head), you are doing some kicka@$ workouts. very inspiring!!

jean- i am hoping for the best concerning your puppy's health.

Meg, I shop at Pathmark. I assumed they were all over...maybe not though??

Jean, I miss Kali and all too. I hope they come back and say hi soon. Get creative with those shakes girl and before you know it, you'll be lookin' forward to them!}(

Sunny, The gym's owners are just cheap !@#$ and just want a way to hopefully stop having to put up free memberships to ALL employees. I'm sure not everyone signed up for this plan in the first place so employee who is a gym member and doesn't want to take the classes has to pay for the membership PLUS of those who did sign up, most will screw up at some point and end up getting charged for a month here and there.
Sorry work is so tough lately. Your kids are more important though. Try not to let that cr@p bother you. ESPECIALLY when your mgr okayed it. Heck, even if he/she didn't, I expect you'd STILL be out the door in time to pick those little boys up b/c they are most important!!!:)

Good morning ladies,

I am usually up early but today i am up at the crack of dawn. I figured I would go in work early since I can't stay late today. At least i can get a jump start on things.

I do wonder why so many ladies choose to leave the check-in. Some i still "see" around and others not at all. I just hope everyone is doing well wherever they are:)

wendy- you are so right. my boys of course are the world to me (and dh), there is not a person or job in this world that could make us do any wrong by them. i can always get another job if it comes down to it. speaking of new jobs- keep your fingers crossed for me. one of the local ymca's has a opening for a assistant fitness mgr. the person would be in charge of the fitness programs. I sent in my resume. I don't have all the requirements but i am hoping against hope they call me and give me a shot at an interview. The position sounds perfect to me.

today's workout is gs BS&B and a interval run with CC.

my hamstrings and calves ( a first) are suffering from DOMS from my leg workout yesterday!!!

have a great day ladies:)

Sunny: I am so excited for you re: the ymca gig. Even if they don't call you for the mgmt position, they could call you for something else! You never know! I'll keep my fingers toes AND eyes crossed for you! ;)

I have GSBS&B and a possible TM run on tap for today. I'm feeling beat up though so the TM run may get canned. Tomorrow is my rest day-I NEED IT!

Have a great day folks!

Wendy- you seem to be doing real well with your rotation! I need to come up with something. I am having fun with the new ones though!

SD- either me, or my parents are taking the boys to MOnster INc this weekend. THey should enjoy it!

UB is starting to get sore, but LB is MUCH better today. Not sure what I will do today. I have to work tongight too. Feeling pretty crappy right now.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

Hey Meg.

Sorry you are still not feeling well. Why not take a rest day? Give your body a break, girl! Especially if you still have to go to work tonight!!! So did you see my post about the protein powder? I get it at Pathmark. Do you have them by you??

Shrinking Violets Check-in

Good morning, Violets! I have not abandoned you. I have been running late all week for some reason. The last time I checked in was Monday morning, so here is an update for the rest of the week.

I am eating foods that bless my body and bursting with energy as a result. I jogged on my rebounder Tuesday morning then did the Drill Max warm-up and Drills 1-3 followed by the shoulder work from the Slow and Heavy Series. I had such a hard time calming down and focusing on weight training Tuesday morning. I confess that I bounced on my rebounder during the minutes of rest! The one time I tried a Pure Strength workout, I fast forwarded through the rest between sets. I am such a cardio and circuit training queen. I do not know what I am going to do with myself! I love these Slow and Heavy Series workouts when I am tired or depressed. When I feel great, I want to move! I am determined to get through this 3-week rotation. I may change my plans for January and return to cardio and circuit training.

I ordered my “Commit to Get Fit” calendar Tuesday night, and I am looking forward to a great fitness year in 2007! It will be interesting to see how long it takes my package to get to Texas from New Jersey. I may order extra stickers and DVDs later this week. A Ya Ya friend is sending me her upper body Gym Style DVDs to preview first.

I was running late again yesterday morning, so I jogged on my rebounder instead of doing a cardio premix. I watched Cathe while I bounced!

I am running late again this morning. (Do we see a pattern here?) I am still shrinking, and my weight is still moving in the right direction. I am delighted about that. I jogged on my rebounder this morning and did Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps. No soreness after the shoulder work earlier this week, so my body must be over the initial shock of these workouts.

Have a blessed day, and hugs to all the Violets! (By the way, y’all confused me when I did not see a new thread Tuesday morning, but I like the idea of a weekly thread!)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

RE: Shrinking Violets Check-in

Heather, I love your attitude! You are always so positive! Happy to hear that you are seeing results! I am doing a gym styles rotation right now. They are a great set of work outs! You'll LOVE them! I have had DOMS almost constantly since starting this rotation! }(

Well, I just finished wrapping 21 gifts! This is just our Christmas Eve batch! Still have Christmas Day to go!:eek: :eek: :eek: After Joey's appointment this morning I finished shopping for all but one person whom I will finish tmrw. Then I am DONE! YEAY! Once I get that last gift I will stock up on paper and get to wrapping the Christmas Day stuff! WOOH!:)

Well, my work out time is disappearing with each letter I type. I am going to do as much of BS&B as I can before Joey wakes up. I can always finish later if I have to.

Later Chicas!:)

I did GSBS&B and upped my weights in most of the exercises. If I don't have some DOMS from this tomorrow then there is something very wrong with me!:p I did the KM blasts for a short intense cardio burst in lieu of the originally scheduled run.

I hope I can get out of bed in the morning!:eek:

Long day. After work I did BM2 cardio only premix (43min) then the bonus cardio two times (12 min total) then BM2 abs, LIC abs and stretch. I was drenched after, and I thought it was alot of fun. Took me a few times to get that first cardio segment down, but I got it. And I LOVE the snow angels! I can do them!!! YAHOO! They are hard, great burn! Actually surprised myself a bit.
I am hoping to do LIC as produced tomorrow.
Well, I am still coughing and giving myself a headache. But, weird, NO coughing during my WO, till the stretch! Hope I can get to sleep.

Wendy- I thought of resting today, but I felt better as the day went on. I also ate HORRIBLY and felt upset about it, so I decided to go ahead. I am glad I did. Good WO. And I never heard of Pathmark.

Goodnight Violets

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06

hello ladies,

heather- how are you girl? glad to hear everything is going well with you. you love love the GS series!!

wendy- you are a wrapping machine, lol. i am far behind, i still have alot of shopping to complete. my DOMS from legs on wednesday have just gone away today.}(

meg- your boys will love monsters inc.!! i hope you feel much better today. ohhh, i remember pathmark from my nj days. they don't have pathmark or shoprite here in nc:(

no workout for me today. i am taking an unscheduled rest day as my body is totally drained from working so much:( .

hello ladies,

heather- how are you girl? glad to hear everything is going well with you. you love love the GS series!!

wendy- you are a wrapping machine, lol. i am far behind, i still have alot of shopping to complete. my DOMS from legs on wednesday have just gone away today.}(

meg- your boys will love monsters inc.!! i hope you feel much better today. ohhh, i remember pathmark from my nj days. they don't have pathmark or shoprite here in nc:(

no workout for me today. i am taking an unscheduled rest day as my body is totally drained from working so much:( .

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.