Shrinkage...

Hello everyone! I am new to the forum and a huge Cathe fan!!!

My question is this... I have lost 45lbs and in the process my bust size is shrinking... I like the way my body is looking since working out with Cathe... It was just 'all of a sudden' that I realized I am becoming 'flat'... My sister suggested breast augmentation but I am so skeptical... I am curious how other women feel about their shrinkage, if they have experienced this... I was a 38B before now I just don't know.... Thank you!

Way to go on your weight loss! I lost 45 pounds 5-6 years ago (wow has it been that long??) and went from a 38C to a 36B overall... it's kind of a bummer, but then again, I look great! :p }( :7

*I* wouldn't work hard to make *my* body healthy and then undergo surgery to make *my* body something that it isn't. That's *my* take on it for my own body; for *me*, it isn't right. It's obviously a *completely* personal choice, of course, but that's my .02!

Hey pinkladyinOhio! I have experienced this.

At my heaviest weight, approximately 3 years ago (196 lbs), I was a 38D. Over time, with weight loss (36 lbs down), I am now a 36B. To be completely honest, I feel much better about myself now that my bust is smaller. That is not to say that I wouldn't have minded losing the 36 lbs and remaining a 38D.;-) But, I feel much fitter. And I am much more confident and comfortable in my skin now than I have ever been.

I know that the loss in my bust is fat loss since breast are made up of primarily fat tissue and glands, and that makes me have an appreciation for my B's!:)

Congrats on your weight loss. I know how difficult it is!!

At my heaviest my breasts swelled to a 36C (sometimes D depending on the brand). They're now a 34C. Like I said in a previous post, big or small, I've always liked my breasts, so they've never been an issue for me. I personally admire women who work what they were blessed with. When I see smaller chested women proudly sporting their natural "girls", I just want to give them a high five. I know that larger chested women sometimes want to get breast reductions because it can be painful/cumbersome carrying that much weight in one area. I can understand the need to reduce your breast size. I've just never understood the need to un-naturally increase the breast size. But, it's your body...what I think doesn't matter one iota ;).

Tracey
"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
"Where there's a will, there's a way."

I have definitely noticed some shrinkage! I used to be a 36D before I started working out again. Now I am down to a 34C. I'm holding fairly steady, but I can tell that my cups aren't exactly "running over" at the moment, so eventually I may end up at a 34B. No complaints here though! I've always hated dealing with the "girls" when they were in the 36D range. I've always been big into sports and they were in the way! ;)

" I personally admire women who work what they were blessed with. When I see smaller chested women proudly sporting their natural "girls", I just want to give them a high five."

Amen to that! (From another large-busted woman). In my opinion, it's a huge shame that in the trend to make busts bigger ( and thus, pretty much, only sexualizing them), we're forgetting the beauty of all different shapes and sizes. And we're also losing sight of the fact that the body can be/is beautiful in ways other than sexual. But I guess I tend to look at figures with an artistic eye. They tend to fascinate me.

I was always a natural D cup, then back in the "day" I got mixed up with drugs and lost weight-and my breasts.
After I got clean, I hated the way they looked--like golf balls in socks:eek:
I have had implants for the past 12 years, have had them replaced tiwce due to problems, but never regretted them.
There are times however, during exercise, that I wish I was smaller for sure, because like the other ladies said, they get in the way!
And now, I always feel weird working my chest. My gals are pretty big though-36DD's:) But I like how they stand up and shout:7 when I take my clothes off, looking good naked is pretty cool-as long as I do not turn around and glance down at my bottom that is!!}(

I always like it. I'm a 34D (but for years, thought I was a 34C). I'm only 5' tall, so any shrinkage is welcome to me.

Ya know, it's funny, I think you always want what you don't have. I am a larger bust size, and I would love to be down to a size B. So, I never understand why women go out and get augmentation to a size DD or whatever.
But, in your case, this is a personal decision that you have to make yourself. Do some meditaion, or a lot of thinking about it. Whatever your into. Some people pray, I do. Anyway, do what feels right. If you feel comfortable with getting an augmentation, go for it.

Kathy

Well, this is something of a controversial topic on these boards and I know some women are reluctant to discuss their surgeries due to comments that have been made in past threads.

I will say this: it's YOUR body and YOUR decision. If augmentation is something you want to do, then go for it. If it's something you're considering just because someone else thinks you should do it, then you should really think twice.

Plastic surgery is a personal decision. Personally I think women should be allowed to do what they will with their bodies and not be judged!

Marie

>Well, this is something of a controversial topic on these
>boards and I know some women are reluctant to discuss their
>surgeries due to comments that have been made in past
>threads.
>
>I will say this: it's YOUR body and YOUR decision. If
>augmentation is something you want to do, then go for it. If
>it's something you're considering just because someone else
>thinks you should do it, then you should really think twice.
>
>Plastic surgery is a personal decision. Personally I think
>women should be allowed to do what they will with their bodies
>and not be judged!
>
>Marie

What she said!

I don't understand the following logic:

It's perfectly ok to adjust our diets to measure calories, fat grams, carbs, etc. so that we will be smaller; work out like demons so that we will be more toned; spend lots of money on clothes; get our teeth straightened and whitened; get our hair cut and colored and permed and straightened and conditioned; get manicues and pedicures and fake acrylic fingernails; wear makeup and try to get it to look just right; tweeze our eyebrows; shave our (fill in the blank); wear jewelry; blow dry our hair and apply lots of styling products; buy and wear pretty shoes; iron our clothes and keep them free of spots and stains; work on good posture; wear contact lenses (colored or not) or try to find really cute glasses frames; use skin treatments that lighten our faces or remove age spots, and use lotions that give us fake tans; worry about our handbags and our sunglasses; get our spider veins zapped; use moisturizers and scrubs and face masks and other complexion treatments; try to find just the right bra so our chests will look different from the way they look bra-free; etc etc.

But it's NOT perfectly ok (for some people) for someone to have cosmetic surgery.

I just don't see that logic! Whatever anyone wants to do to her appearance is her business and should not be judged.

I actually have no comment on breast augmentation one way or another---totally personal decision in my opinion. But, I just wanted to say that just reading Diane's list of all we do to be "beautiful" makes me tired;-) I may just decide to become a hairy mountain woman and only shower after interval workouts:p

:+
Mattea

Thank you to everyone who voiced their opinions :)

I have to say that I have thought about what my sister said to me and my own belief deep down... I realized it came down to what I truly believe and trusting in myself and my intuition.

When I made the decision to change my eating habits; to chose a new way to live I knew in my heart of hearts that THAT was what I wanted.. I was tired of feeling sick and tired all the time... My determination and perseverance has paid off... I can't stand a day without working out to a Cathe dvd... When I don't, I don't like how I feel... This made me look at why I was even thinking of changing the shape of my breasts... I have had friends who have had breast augmentations and had horrible results- they are in pain every single day... I agree 100% that cosmetic surgery is a personal choice. Who am I to judge someone? That is not my job. My 'job' is to be the best person that I can be for myself and in turn that makes me a better mother, girlfriend, friend, sister, etc...

Just today I received a catalog for a popular lingerie company and my daughter, who is 9yrs old, saw it laying on the table. She said, "Mom! Look at those ladies breast! They are so fake and she looks like she is going to fall out of that bra"! Needless to say, this was the first catalog I have received from this company and I was surprised by her reaction. I thought, "Here is my 9-year old daughter having those thoughts... 9-years old!" She looked at me and said, "Mom, I am trying to hide my boobs but that woman is showing them in a picture"... Wow! I asked her, "How can you tell her boobs are fake?" and she said, "Because they are too round and big. Why do women do that"? She then explained to me how doctors insert those fake boobs under the real boobs... ((Gang, I don't know where she learned this but it wasn't from me...))

Lesson here?? I am a role model for my daughter.. She looks up to me and I need to really look at what lesson SHE will learn if I were to have breast augmentation... Someone here said it perfectly- we are forgeting that we all come in different shapes and sizes... that is what makes us specail!!! So true!!!!

I like my body (not in a conceited way) and I like the way I can work harder on an area and change it... If having a smaller bust means that I workout, eat right, have the right attitude and am healthy, I will take that!!!!

Thanks again to everyone!!! Make it a great day and week :)

I know exactly which edition of which catalog you're talking about! I have teenage boys and felt I had to be sure that catalog lay face-down!

I think you have a good attitude. I wouldn't judge you if you did want to have augmentation though. It's all a personal choice.

Diane57, loved your post!

Diane

As with the others that posted, it's a personal decision. My neighbor had BA a couple of years back because she said that she felt super embarassed that her girls were 2 different sizes. I never saw her embarassed as she is the type who likes being the center of attention and struts her "stuff" on a regular basis around the neighborhood...But I digress...

I know that personally, when I was HUGE, I was a 42C and HATED it. I did whatever I could to wear bras/tops that mashed them down and hid them. Now that I am a 38B (actually 37 A1/2), I wear bras that actually give me cleavage because I feel better about myself and my health after losing 70 lbs!

PinkLadyinOHio-

This could be a good time for another lesson. This lesson would be about not judging people on their choices.

There are many choices people make in life reguarding self image. And for some people it is more dramitic than others. But it is a choice that everyone has a right to. I would teach my DD not to be judgememtal of people's personal choices. Or at least to keep quiet about them (If you can't say anything nice...)

Now perhaps the picture did look very fake and she was only mentioning it to you in private. So what is the harm.

I'm just trtying to see this from different angles.

Good luck :)

Judy "Likes2bfit"

http://www.smileyhut.com/silly/arrowhead.gif

If you fail to plan, then you plan to fail.

Pinklady, I think it's really cool that your daughter doesn't find artificial-looking women attractive, and that she can spot phoniness at such a young age. I just hope she can keep that perspective once she hits adolesence, when the pressure will be on.

I assume there are lots of breast augmentations that are so natural-looking that I wouldn't notice them, but I have noticed a lot of really bad augmentations. There is even one Victoria's Secret model who looks so bad, I can't understand how they can use her to sell lingerie. I think anyone who is contemplating such surgery should look long and hard at other patients of the same doctor before going forward. Even Lindsay Lohan got a botched job!

Hi Judy!

I totally agree with you :) I did have a talk with her about breast augmentation and that, as women, we do have that choice... I continue to raise my children to have an open mind; to look at both sides and not to judge... granted, they are children but that is how I am as a person. My daughter looked at the picture based on her own image; that she is trying to 'cover up her breasts'.. It was a great opportunity to talk with her :)

For me as a parent, I am so aware of the media and the influence it has on our kids but I am also aware that I am a role model...

Thank you for your perspective... This is why I posted this thread.

Wow! We've really come around on these boards. At one time, this subject wought have been fraught with judgmental attitudes. It does my heart good to see such healthy conversation about people making their own choices on BA...and other things for that matter :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.