Shoulders, bi's & tri's workout

DixieGirl

Cathlete
Hey Y'all,

I'm not gaining arm strength as quickly as I'd like to & I want to add in an extra day of just these. I'm thinking of getting 4DS b/c I like how it's got shoulders & core on on disc and bi's and tri's on another. Are there any other Cathe workouts I should look at to compare that would give me an arms alone workout?

Tracy

STS is the best bet, but if you don't want to make that type of investment than

Gym Style Chest & Triceps
Gym Style Back, Shoulders, Biceps

Intensity Series Pyramid Upper Body (awesome)

I am restarting STS at the very beginning and REALLY felt Back & Tri's from yesterday... bracing for major DOMS tomorrow:eek:. Having said that ITA with GS- those workouts are awesome also.

Pam

Thanks y'all :) I'm finishing up the last week of Meso 2 now and I'm LOVING this program. But, I'm having to go lighter on my weight load than I should based on my 1RM. So my problem is having the strength to improve my results. Along w/ STS I want to add in an extra day of shoulders, tri's and bi's. I'm good w/ chest and back so don't feel like I need the extra work there. Soooo, I was just looking for another workout that concentrates on the areas I need to build more strength in. I have GS too so I'll take a look at that one again for an extra arm day.

Hey Dixie girl

Have you tried p90x shoulders and arms? lots of fun, goes by fast..

I also have gym styles and like it as well.

I am also doing sts but 6x a week...how about if you try doing the arm work 2x a week instead of the 1???

Just some food for thought...

BTW I don't do my one rep max either but am definately seeing nice arm changes..:)

STS definitely gave me the most arm improvement of all the other w/o's I've done. I had really weak arms as well, but after my second round of STS I no longer had doubts that it was what helped me. The most crucial aspect is the endurance that is built up in the first meso because it helps you to be able to handle the heavier weights in the later meso's. So make sure you are doing as many reps as you can in M1, and going to absolute failure in M2 when she tells you to. Extra Bonus, when you get to M3 the arm w/o's are separate from the other body parts, so you get to really focus on them. But, like I said, for me, it was the endurance build up that helped me to go heavier (thus seeing better results). If your forearms are failing early, it will stop you from hitting the biceps as hard as you'd like.

Another issue, if you feel like you already have enough endurance in the muscles, could be that you need to give yourself more time to build a really solid muscle base. Oftentimes we are always trying to "tone" and "define" something that isn't really there, so the high rep "cut" or "tone" phase will only come after something has been built, which is done during the lower rep, heavier weight phases.

If nothing else works, I always recommend throwing in another shoulder w/o somewhere during the week, when all else fails, nothing makes the arms pop more than shapely shoulders. ;)

BTW, there was a similar thread that may give you more suggestions on this http://cathe.com/forum/f97/plateau-am-arm-question-283825/

HTH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.