Should I Buy STS??

walkingchick

Cathlete
Hello. I saw the great deal being offered on STS and I am considering giving it to myself for Christmas. It's the only set of Cathe DVD's that I do not own. I am just getting back into my workout routine and I am curious about this set. I am a lurker here on the site, but I have not been on in a while. I figured I would come to the Cathe pros for some answers.

Do you love it? Are you absolutely happy with it?? I would love to hear some input.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

YES!! it is such a great program & I think you will find it is one that you enjoy more & more each time you complete it.

worth every penny! today would be the perfect day to buy, too!

Hi Walkingchick! I know you are asking others and not me but I just wanted to say that I truly think you are going to love this series for the sheer variety of workouts and at a great price. Even if you don't want to figure out your one rep max and you just want to pop in the program and go, you will see results (however best results come with knowing your one rep max). This is because of the muscle confusion that is factored in to each disc. You don't have to figure out how to change anything. I do it all for you in each workout and make each one a little different each time you do it. Meso one week one is probably the most shocking mesocycle due to rapid exercise changes and overall program newness. But things will feel more familiar to you after the first week. But Plyo legs in Meso three will challenge you like no tomorrow :eek:

In all total honesty, and that's the only way I operate, if you ever want to take a chance on the STS Series and are looking for a great price, today is the day. It is a GREAT deal!

Hello. I saw the great deal being offered on STS and I am considering giving it to myself for Christmas. It's the only set of Cathe DVD's that I do not own. I am just getting back into my workout routine and I am curious about this set. I am a lurker here on the site, but I have not been on in a while. I figured I would come to the Cathe pros for some answers.

Do you love it? Are you absolutely happy with it?? I would love to hear some input.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Wow! What a great surprise to come here and see input from Cathe! Thanks so much for the reply. And thanks to Laina, too. Looks like I am going to get myself an early Christmas gift. Very excited!!

I'm probably late with my response, but my experience:

I got it when it first came out. My weight has never been a huge issue, but I took my measurements before and after and I lost inches everywhere. What I loved was the fact my clothes looked so much better on me after. It also had the surprising result of improving my running.

Shoulder surgery interfered the second time I attempted it. However, I'm back at it and starting my 4th week of meso 2. It's shameful how my weights I recorded in the workout manager - based on my 1 rep max - have gone down sooo much! I'm stopping at meso 2 for december - focusing on running and cross training for December. Then come January I'm starting again to prep for my half marathon in the spring!

You'll love it.

Thank, JCM. I placed my order a little while ago, and with the 15% off coupon, I paid a little over $144 for the set!! I am so excited to receive them. I really appreciate the input. Hope you have continued success!!

Thank, JCM. I placed my order a little while ago, and with the 15% off coupon, I paid a little over $144 for the set!! I am so excited to receive them. I really appreciate the input. Hope you have continued success!!

You got a fantastic deal!!!! Enjoy it!!! I got STS when it 1st came out. I've been through it 3 or 4 times, and plan to start again in Feb. I much preferred the 3 month rotation over the 6 month. I only did the 6 month once.

The last time I did it I really mixed it up and did each week of each meso. M1W1, M2W1, M3W1, rest. M1W2, M2W2, M3W2, rest, and so one. That was challenging, great fun, and great results. I never got bored with being stuck in the same meso for too long, and learned to like M3, which is my least fave. But they're all fantastic!!

Hoping for a squat rack from Santa so I can do Squat Rack Legs instead of Plyo Legs next go-around.

Watch out for those M1 pushups and leg days - YEOWCH!!!

Nan

Wow! That's a great price! I've been waiting to buy but no excuses now.

Where's the 15% off coupon?

Looks like the set is $199 without the coupon. How did you get the $144 price?

Thanks in advance!

I, too, am wondering--should I buy?!

I was looking at the Cyber Monday deals and was wondering whether I should buy the STS set.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time. Can I handle it? I own about 70% of Cathe's workouts, and can pretty much keep up, except for the pushups!

I also feel guilty about spending more $$ since I just received my Low Impact Series! :) But this is an awesome price!

I only own dumbbells. Would that be a problem for this series? Would I need other equipment? I really don't want to buy other equipment.

mfv3, put in code 1512 for the 15% off.

Thanks for your input!
Betty

I am a very frugal and practical person about all my purchases. And I have to say that I am very satisfied with STS. It is sooo worth the money....I think I paid more for it than it is now...but again, it was worth it. As a matter of fact, I know that every Cathe dvd I get will be worth my dvd workout dollars.

I also think you will be fine with only dumbbells, that being said, you will probably eventually want to get heavier dumbbells as well, AND it really is nice to have a barbell (not to mention the STS tower, but that can come in time as you do the workouts.)

Last edited:
I have wanted STS since the pre-sale, but I was just about to start grad school, so I couldn't spare the cash. This is a great deal and my birthday is in 2 weeks, so this will be my present. I don't have a barbell, either, but I am going to check my local Play It Again Sports for a set. I have been meaning to get a barbell, but something always pops up.

You will love it. It is a great series. I can't wait for Cathe to make STS 2. Cathe please please please make STS 2.

I really appreciate all of the input from everyone. And i am glad to see some others taking advantage of that amazing deal on the set. Glad you ordered, mfv3!

I am really nervous about trying it out, but I am even more excited about giving it a try. I am also glad to be able to add this to my collection of Cathe DVD's.:eek:
I know it's silly, but I feel like I need to have them all.

You will love it. It is a great series. I can't wait for Cathe to make STS 2. Cathe please please please make STS 2.

Wow. I had not EVEN thought of this because STS-the original seemed like such a huge undertaking to me. I cannot even imagine what STS-deux would be like, not to mention the crazy amount of work involved.

My girlfriend and I were terrified and nervous to start STS - but it wasn't that frightening after all! Good luck!

Thanks!! I just received my shipping notification and the set should be here tomorrow!! I am really very excited and looking forward to tearing it open to get a peek at it all.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.