Should I be committed?

nicolegadino

Cathlete
Am I the only person who daystreams about smacking someone stupid upside the head while they are speaking to me?

Or has days where the fact that people are breathing annoys me?

I know I sound crazy, but I love my family and friends, I just don't seem to have patience anymore for the rest of the world.

Is it just me or are people getting more ignorant?

No, you shouldn't be committed. Some days I think that hubby and I are the only sane people we know. Ha! The week before my period hits me especially hard. :)

You are not alone. I am losing more patience with people who lack filter or with people who just babble on about things they have no knowledge of but act and talk like they are the experts on the subject.

There are always ignorant people, but I think I am just losing patience more and more.

Right there with you, Nico!! On an almost daily basis!

(although I must admit, sometimes the person I want to smack is me!!)

Am I the only person who daystreams about smacking someone stupid upside the head while they are speaking to me?

Or has days where the fact that people are breathing annoys me?

I know I sound crazy, but I love my family and friends, I just don't seem to have patience anymore for the rest of the world.

Is it just me or are people getting more ignorant?

No! I usually have a frying pan in my hand, in my daydream! And no, it isn't just you, it seems the general masses are beyond ignorant and they don't care, or are proud of it. Some seem, to wear their ignorance as a badge.

Ugh, you're not alone! I feel your pain!! The last 3 nights I worked with someone who babbles and never shuts up and I can't stand it. Can't stand her voice (she has NO volume control), what she talks about, none of it. In my mind I kept repeating "shut up!!" and wanted to smack her upside the head with a bag of IV solution that was close at hand (I work at a hospital).

I am so there with you! My daddy fussed at me for wearing shorts to his wife's wake (my stepmother) due to a misunderstanding. Then I got bitched out about not goin' to see my sister's house. Keep in mind, my stepmother just died this week/end, I thought it was really insensitive of my sister.

I understand!!! I listen to Dr Berman on XM radio and she says something like
"Just because you're the only sane person in an insane world doesn't mean you're insane"

Nan

I am a customer advocate for a software program. I get to walk people through using their software. Do not even get me started. I swear, sometimes it's like the Russians got us with idiot gas or something. I with Carola - several frying pans... the more the merrier!

Lately I have had the urge to carry a frying pan into grocery stores with me. I want to go up to people with carts loaded with CRAP, smack them with frying pan and yell "WTF?!"

I have issues and I embrace them. With one hand only though, the other is holding a frying pan. :D

Thank God there are others!

Holy crap you guys! You have no idea how happy I am to know I am not the only one!

Lmao; Whenever my sister hears me curse out people on the road, she swears I am bipolar, and I keep telling her that it's not my fault I am one of the few intelligent drivers in NJ, but I dont think she believes me.

On the other hand, my best friend and I can have a conversation and anyone on either side would think we had Tourrets, but we don't even notice.

I now have entire conversations in my head talking myself out of beating someone with their own arm because they won't shut up, or stop talking loud, or saying a hard consonant at the end of every word!

I mean really! Unnecessary!

Holy crap you guys! You have no idea how happy I am to know I am not the only one!

Lmao; Whenever my sister hears me curse out people on the road, she swears I am bipolar, and I keep telling her that it's not my fault I am one of the few intelligent drivers in NJ, but I dont think she believes me.

On the other hand, my best friend and I can have a conversation and anyone on either side would think we had Tourrets, but we don't even notice.

I now have entire conversations in my head talking myself out of beating someone with their own arm because they won't shut up, or stop talking loud, or saying a hard consonant at the end of every word!

I mean really! Unnecessary!

Oh man...that was hysterical....I have issues with this person that sits near me at work - sweet as the day is long - but sniffs CONSTANTLY ALL DAY LONG until I could shriek. She is a huge improvement over the person that used to HUM all day long so loudly I could hear her over my head phones though....LOL!

You are NOT alone....maybe we should form a club...

Lately I have had the urge to carry a frying pan into grocery stores with me. I want to go up to people with carts loaded with CRAP, smack them with frying pan and yell "WTF?!"

I have issues and I embrace them. With one hand only though, the other is holding a frying pan. :D

I am thinkin' cast iron! :eek:

Ugh, you're not alone! I feel your pain!! The last 3 nights I worked with someone who babbles and never shuts up and I can't stand it. Can't stand her voice (she has NO volume control), what she talks about, none of it. In my mind I kept repeating "shut up!!" and wanted to smack her upside the head with a bag of IV solution that was close at hand (I work at a hospital).

I hate to say it, but thats me, I'm guilty of having a voice that carries. If I don't speak up people say that they can't hear me at all.:eek:

I want to go up to people who take up the whole freakin isle and won't let you pass!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.