short shorts

Now, we can read each other minds! YES! Big yes! Ha.Ha.
I was going to write about Angelina and Nicoles oscar Dior in my last post! And Sophia with her pointed boobs and waist! How cool is THAT!!!? :)

I went through a "Marilyn" phase and read and read everybook I could find and I spent hours and hours looking at her photos.
I think I'm in mourning as she died so young and deprived me of her. (How dare she!!!) LOL

Some stars get it "right" sometimes, Debra MESSING, has looked stunning sometimes on the red carpet. I love Cate BLANCHETT, she wears some beautiful clothes. And shes a mum, very down to earth, and she speaks like a "lady". (I think that the way a lady talks also completes the picture.) Do you think? Whats your thoughts on the super skinny Victoria BECKHAM. aka Posh Spice.? To me shes famous for being far to thin. But she dresses well? D'you think? I like her dress sense, with the exception of "push up my boobs so they hit my chin" look. And I don't like the "i'm not smiling today, or ever!!and you can't make me look" I can babble and babble and then babble some more, I just love it! But I have to go work! Damn! See ya.

Andrea

Oh dear, "great minds" think alike!:) I adore Cate Blanchett, an unconventional beauty--not sure I liked her recent Oscar gown-the necklace was strange.
And Debra M. is beautiful, that red hair is amazing, and she usually makes really good clothing choices-at least on the red carpet.

Posh? Hum. Not sure yet. I feel like she tried to go a little overboard for the attention...remember the shorts and bustier with gloves and a cropped jacket moment? Not my favorite, I wonder how much of that "act" is just that, an act? Her body is right for the advant garde clothes, the ones no woman except a runway model can pull off...just do not think she has developed her own "sense of self" or a style of her own yet. She makes some very nice choices--just like Halle Berry, but again you do not sense who she is--ever. On some women its just effortless. jennifer Aniston is a good example in my opinion of someone with her own sense of style and what works for her.

Although, Katie Holmes has really grown up fashion -wise, I love that Armani took her under his wing and has obviously helped her along the way. She wore a great one shouldered number at the Golden Globes (or Critics Choice)awards..she looked fantastic-plus she is into fitness so thats cool.

Oh dear, we are hogging the thread now--it is fabulous chatting with a fellow "fashionista!":7

OK, just have to hop in on the fashion discussion. I am a casual fashionista myself--love to look at it even if I don't dress so very fashionably myself (one of my favorite websites is http://gofugyourself.typepad.com/ and I don't watch award shows but love to look at all the pictures of dresses afterward. Anyway, just wanted to say I am definitely anti-Posh. I heard way too much about her when I was living in England, then not long after we returned to the U.S., they moved to the U.S., too. Groan. She's way too skinny and frowny.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=purple]***Lainie***
fitness blog: http://fitnessfig.blogspot.com
dream blog: http://dreamerfig.blogspot.com
http://bestsmileys.com/exercising/7.gif
If you want to give God a good laugh, tell Her your plans.[/f]

Posh is following you around Lainie!:p Lucky you!;) She is a frowny one isn't she? I just have never looked at her as a fashion icon at all, just someone who wants to be, and gets free stuff from the designers. Sometimes she makes good choices, but nothing looks great without a nice smile on your face right? I think maybe over time she might evolve into her woman..... :7 Oooh, Lainie, I just bookmarked that link, thank you!

I'm not really a Posh fan,either but she does sometimes wear nice clothes, she doesn't smile and when she does it doesn't make much difference to her appearance anyways, she is famous for pouting and super skinnyness.

Going back to the original question of this thread, do you think that Grace, Sophia, Audrey would wear short shorts? I wouldn't think so. I've seen pics of them in the 50 style (length similar to number 3 in the 3 pics post) but I've never seen them in "short" shorts, bathers and bikinis, yes.

I forgot to mention I loved loved loved Caroline Kennedy's (John KENNEDY Jnr) wedding dress and whole look. She looked...... stunning! I loved that dress! She was a glam lady too.

Andrea
cathe.com fashion police :) (self appointed);)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.