Shoes?

sjdavis

Cathlete
I need some new shoes, but always struggle to find a pair with good lateral support. What shoes are everyone else wearing?

I just got a pair of Nike Flex Run 2014. Jai is wearing these in all of the RwH workouts. They are very comfortable, super light, with great arch and heel support and plenty of room in the toe area.

I always end up with Asics. They give me great heel cushion and lateral support which are pretty much my only requirements. It depends on your feet and needs.

Amazon has $15 code thru January; someone over there thinks I might not have enough shoes...

I think it's under New Year New You.

All my cross training shoes, the ones I use for high impact, are Avia. They still have one style available that is similar, the Tangent. Mine (earlier model) have the synthetic? leather uppers, great lateral support, and cantilever heel. I've been using them straight for 6 days a week for 4 weeks of intense High impact cardio. Excellent. They are also an excellent step shoe. They're just like what Cathe used to wear in her earlier videos. I have to say, good shoes and a Tatami mat have made all the difference in my plyos and dance cardio this year. I'm pretty sure I've gotten my money's worth out of my 30 dollar shoes.

I love my new Reebok Crossfit sneaks. The have a very wide base that supports lateral movement very well. I have been wearing them while doing both the STS program as well a various Plyo and Hiit workouts. They work great for all types! Not cheap ($100) but worth it in my opinion.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.