Shoes for marathon

DGaves

Hello everybody! I doubted whether to ask, but the closer the marathon is, the more I worry. My old sneakers are worn out, and all my friends say that only an expensive version will do. I found such reviews https://gym-expert.com/best-shoes-for-spartan-race/ and the price is up to 100$, but I still have my doubts.
The autumn marathon is 5 miles, for beginners. Perhaps you have some tips? I don't want my shoes to break at the most important moment.

I like a certain brand/style/version of shoe. I've had good luck finding brand new shoes in my size and brand/style on Ebay. If you know what brand, size, style you like that might be a place to look. But if you don't know what to get, I'd suggest visiting a "running shoe" store like Fleet Feet or similar so they can evaluate your gait and whether you'd need stability or neutral shoes, depending on your feet. Good luck with your race! Have fun! :)

Edited to add: You will want to give yourself a few days to break the shoes in before your race. I ran a race with brand new shoes once and my feet regretted it, lol.

Thank you so much! I have found one pair of perfect shoes, and it was OK until I fell. The shoes are still perfect and my leg is not.

I agree. I've only ran 5Ks and 10Ks and participated in a running group. It is highly recommended to not wear anything new on race day. I'm a huge fan on New Balance for running. A good pair of running shoes is worth the price.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.