Shock Cardio vs. 4DS Cardio?

indybulla

Cathlete
Hi,
For those of you have done the cardio from 4 Day Split and some of the cardio from Shock cardio, how do the workouts compare? I have been previewing the cardio workouts from 4DS, and they sure look great! I am especially liking the preview of the 4DS kickboxing. I am on a budget, tight on time for my workouts and want to get the best dvds for my $$.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the advice.

Hi,
For those of you have done the cardio from 4 Day Split and some of the cardio from Shock cardio, how do the workouts compare? I have been previewing the cardio workouts from 4DS, and they sure look great! I am especially liking the preview of the 4DS kickboxing. I am on a budget, tight on time for my workouts and want to get the best dvds for my $$.

It's tough - I love 4ds, the kb is my favorite along with all the cardio
but I've been doing the shock cardio lately and like it - My fav's are KB, Boxing and Fusion along with the dance step and ccc and Hiit.... so I have to say I use them both. Sorry if it's not much help but I say get them both! ;)
You would get more for the money with shock. If you want to have 30 min cardio followed by weight work, then 4ds is for you....If you just want cardio but have a good variety, then shock. - autumn

Some of the workouts from Shock Cardio are definitely more difficult than the cardio from 4DS (especially HiiT, Cardio Core Circuit, Circuit Blast) BUT if you want more bang for your buck go for 4DS. You are getting awesome weight work, cardio, and the wonderful premixes Cathe used to offer. This week I used 4DS weight work with the Shock Cardio. I've gotten a lot of use out of the premixes, the 4DS workouts as is, and stringing the 4DS step workouts together. There are so many ways to use 4DS and so many options. If you are looking for straight up cardio then Shock Cardio is a good choice but you get almost no premixes.

I have to agree with gogigi. Shock Cardio has sooooo much, it can seem a little overwhelming. I'm following Cathe's 3 month STS rotation with the Shock Cardio, and I have yet to do the same cardio twice yet! 4DS has a little bit of everything, Kick Box, Step, Bootcamp, & Weights with good premixes. As far as intensities compare, it depends which Shock Cardio you are talking about. For me personally, Athletic Step & Step Moves are similar in intensity to the 4DS HIS & LIS, but they are about 15 minutes longer. The 3 MMA's have a lot of moves that were new to me and are each about 50 minutes, but the intensity was not much harder than 4DS KB. The HiiT series is another story! Very intense with some new moves, and I haven't made it through any of them with out a little cheat (like hitting the pause button here & there ;)). CCC & Circuit Blast have some fun knew moves, they remind me of LIC,BM2,DM...good intensity and very doable if you are a Cathe follower.

If you're only after cardio, it would be really hard for me to pick. But if you want the most bang for your buck, including weight work, it's 4DS hands-down (in my opinion). I LOVE 4DS! The cardio is so much fun, and the weight work is comprehensive and effective.

Just my $.02

Thank you all

You gals are the best, thanks for responding to my question. I think what I have to decide is whether I want just cardio, or cardio + weights. I have for some time been thinking about investing in a barbell, so am leaning toward the 4DS. I have 2 from her new series, Athletic Step and Travel Fit, and am considering Circuit Blast and one of the MMA's. Looks like I really can't go wrong, it's really just all good with Cathe:)

Hi,

OK, I have not read what others have written yet, but to me no cardio series that Cathe or any other instructor is as fantastic as Shock Cardio. There is soooo much variety and intensity!

Personally, the 4 Day Split is one of my least favorite series by Cathe. Some love it, but the step choreography is just not near the quality of Shock Cardio's Step Moves and Athletic Step.

I have STS, the Gym Styles, and almost all of Cathe's strength videos, so 4 Day Split is not really a series I do with the exception of the Kickbox workut

Although I do not care for 4 Day Split as a whole, there are definitely pros to 4 Day Split:

Great Music - I love the music in all the workouts
Very good muscle workouts
A huge variety of premixes
I like the Kickbox workout a lot
Small Packaging which is great for storage
Excellent price - you get a lot for your $

So if I were on a strict budget, I would opt for the 4 Day Split because you get so much for your money.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.