Shakeology

nsaeolian

Cathlete
A lot of my friends are very much into Beach Body and the shakeology. I've been drinking them for breakfast for four weeks ( almost ) and am not sure I'm getting any more health benefit than my old breakfasts. ( cereal with fruit and 1% milk, toast and peanut butter. I know it's less Weight Watcher points, but I am verrry hungry by breaktime at work now. Am I missing something? I add almond milk, extra greens, and fruit too. Maybe if I had been eating very poorly at breakfast, I'd be noticing more of an effect from the Shakeology. I don't know. It is expensive even with the hoopla they provide...thanks for listening to my ramble.

I actually had shakeology today. I''M still using a bag from last year. Personally I don't think it's worth the price. I Prefer Raw Protein vanilla chai with cashew milk. I've learned that protein drinks are better for me in the evening. In the morning they just leave me hungry within an hour, but they are satisfying for the final meal of the day. I've also learned that nothing replaces real food for nutrition.

The calories in Shakeology are very low, so it's not surprising you are hungry, Nancy. I try to aim for 400 calories for my breakfast, which means that for me, Shakeology can't be the only thing I have. Even if I have a "meatier" shake that has twice the calories I still also eat something else such as oatmeal or scrambled eggs w/ veggies. I stopped buying Shakeology last year because I didn't feel I was getting any benefit especially compared to the cost.

Stebby

Is it actually meant to be a meal replacement by itself or a protein/ nutritional supplement to add to your main meals? Personally I always add almond milk/ kale/ 1/2 banana to my protein smoothies and that keeps me full for a few hours but have not tried Shakeology - mainly due to the price,
Jamie

It's very pricy :oops: I would stick with your old breakfast:D On Pinterest they have lots of healthy smoothies. Some have fruit and oatmeal, at leas that will fill you up for a few hours.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.