September Rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! Ahhhh, we have just finished editing the last of the Body Blast videos this afternoon and now I am ready to get working on September's rotation so that you will have it a day or so beforehand. This month will focus on high intensity cardio training and muscle endurance weight training.
This of course is simply another way to improve your overall fitness level and continue to add variety to your fitness programs.

WEEK ONE:

Monday: Running Sprints: Warm up with a light jog for 10 minutes and then do twenty 30 second sprints (run your fastest for 30 seconds and recover 45 seconds to one minute, for twenty cycles). Cool down with a walk for 5 to 7 minutes and stretch for 5 minutes.

Tuesday: Power Hour

Wednesday: MIC

Thurs: Power Hour

Fri: Running Sprints (same as Monday)

Sat: Boot Camp

Sun: Off

WEEK TWO:

Monday: Imax one (warm up and 1st 5 intervals) and Imax 2 (second 5 intervals)

Tuesday: MIS

Wed: Imax two (warm up first five intervals) and Imax 1 (second five intervals

Thursday: MIS

Fri: Leaner Legs followed by a 30 minute jog

Sat: off

Sun: Body Max

WEEK THREE:

Mon: Cardio Kicks

Tues: Muscle Endurance

Wed: CTX Kickbox and CTX Power Circuit (only warm up and cardio of Kickbox and only cardio of Power Circuit)

Thurs: Muscle Endurance

Fri: CTX Step & Intervals (warm up and cardio only) and right into CTX 10.10.10 (cardio only)

Sat: Circuit Max

Sun: off

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: MIC

Tues: Running Sprints

Wed: Body Max (in its entirety)

Thurs: (off)

Fri: Step Fit

Sat: CTX Upper Body plus 10 minutes of ab/core work from ab hits

Sun: Leaner Legs

Enjoy!

What can be substituted for the sprints/jogs for those of us who don't run anymore because of plantar's fascitis?

Susan G.

Hi Cathe,

I am an avid runner and like this rotation very much because it will assist me in training for a few races I plan on running. However, I do not have Muscle Endurance, Cardio Kicks, Circuit Max, Boot Camp and Imax2. (All of which will be purchased for me as Christmas gifts this year!, I can't wait)

In the meantime, can you give me a substitutes for these? I have

MIC
Imax 1
BodyMax
Step Fit
PS series
CTX series
S&H series
PowerMax
StepMax and a few other of your step tapes...

Thanks...
Marla

Cathe, thanks so much! To think that you took the time to do this after the schedule you've kept the last couple of weeks (heck, make that the last couple of months!) and before your holiday --- you are really wonderful to us!

Have a safe and restful holiday with all your boys, and may you pig out on something delicious and holiday-ish and well-deserved! ;)

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

Hi Cathe,

Thanks for putting these rotations together!
Question: is it safe to do LL the day after MIS, or did you mean for us to do just the upper body from MIS followed the next day by LL? Seems a little much, otherwise...
Thanks,
Wendy

Obviously not Cathe, but...I'm sure there are lots of people whose legs who can take that much work, but mine can't! I'm just going to flip the MIS and Imax workouts like this:

Monday: MIS
Tuesday: Imax one (warm up and 1st 5 intervals) and Imax 2 (second five intervals)
Wednesday: MIS
Thursday: Imax two (warm up first five intervals) and Imax 1 (second five intervals)
Friday: Leaner Legs followed by a 30 minute jog
Sat: Off
Sun: Body Max

Or something like that! (I'm not a runner, so I substitue 30 minutes of spinning for the running).

Don't take Cathe's rotations like they are written in stone! If something doesn't work for you, if something puts too much stress on any body part - modify!!!!

It's your workout. Make it work for you! Don't hurt yourself!
:D

I like the Sprint/Running suggestion the best. Thanks Cathe!!!

:D

Having become a recent distance running enthusiast (but without any rhyme or reason to my running training program), I am glad to see these running sprints! Aren't they called "repeats" in technical runner's jargon? I've never done them before, so I gave it a try yesterday. WOW! It takes a lot to get my heart rate up, but I was screaming for mercy by the end of 20 of those cycles. I really enjoy the variety of adding non-video workouts (i.e., running) to rotations. My legs and glutes are noticeably tighter just after doing the running sprints!

Holly

Cathe,

As always, I'm looking forward to the new series. This is the first time I'm trying your rotation. After the first week, what a boost to my fitness level!! Not only do you put out great workouts, but you also give great guidance in using them for the best possible results!! Thanks again!!:) :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.