Self Tanner Suggestions?

jewels918

Cathlete
A while back I remember reading a thread asking for self-tanner suggestions, and for the life of me, I just can't find it!

Does anyone have any suggestions for a really good self-tanner? I used to use Neutrogena, but I think I might try something different.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Linda

I'm using Loreal Sublime and really like it. It's natural looking...no icky orange color. In the beginning I used it for 3 or 4 days to build up to the tan I wanted and now I use it every 3rd day to maintain.

Another one I used to use was Lancome's tanner for legs and really liked that one too. :)

Self Tanner

The one I like best, I actually heard about on this website, maybe a year or 2 ago. It's Famous Dave's Self Tanner and it really is good. Not much of a smell and very natural, not orange or blotchy. A little pricey but they just sent me an email because they are having a special so hopefully you can get in on that if you want to try it. Also, you can put it on at night and it does not rub off on your sheets at all. I am not much for using self tanners but I do like this one a lot.

Famous Dave's Self Tanner and Airbush Tanning

The one I like best, I actually heard about on this website, maybe a year or 2 ago. It's Famous Dave's Self Tanner and it really is good. Not much of a smell and very natural, not orange or blotchy. A little pricey but they just sent me an email because they are having a special so hopefully you can get in on that if you want to try it. Also, you can put it on at night and it does not rub off on your sheets at all. I am not much for using self tanners but I do like this one a lot.

Famous Dave's Self Tanner and Airbush Tanning

I agree 100% with tracy. This stuff is the only one I will use.

Bare Escentuals Faux Tan anyone? saw this on QVC the other day, has anyone tried it? The last I tried were L'Oreal sheets, no success there (very streaky) and prior to that Neutrogena build a tan, lotion, this was pretty good but a rarely keep up with it.

Let us know what you find!

:)

I think Cathe said she uses the Bare Escentuals Faux Tan on that other thread...I got it, used it once I think, will need to find it and try again. For the "build a tan" moisturizer type I like the Aveeno one. It has a strong perfume smell, but not that nasty self tanner smell that most have. I put it on at night so I can shower it off in the morning. It still smells a little perfumey, but not too bad. Great color, fool proof.

Thanks so much for all of your comments! I was also going to try the Bare Essentuals since I use their makeup and I love it! I'm definitely going to try the Famous Dave's. Thanks so much, Tracymac, for posting the link!

Linda

Beautisol. Shes the self tanning queen. Check out her how to videos on youtube. Great tips for application. Beautisol.com

MyChelle Dermaceuticals makes a nice self tanner product, aptly named Del Sol. MyChelle products are made w/o harsh chemicals & toxins like many personal care products.

I use Bare Escentuals Faux Tan all the time. I buy the "big daddy" every year from QVC! For my skin tone it looks very natural.

It does rub off onto cloths but I have never had any problems with it washing out of the cloths.

I also use the brush that comes with it so I don't have brown palms. ;)

I use the Jergens gradual tan and really like it. I make sure to use a sugar scrub in the shower on the days I apply it. For some reason, that makes it soak in better.

Here is the link to the list of Sunless Tanning products, in order of lowest to highest toxicity rating based on ingredients, from the Environmental Working Group's Skin Deep Cosmetics Database. HTH. :cool:

Thank you all so much for the great suggestions! I think I just might try them all and see what I have the best results with!

Complik8td, thanks so much for the link! It's very helpful :D

Linda

You folks are very welcome for the link to the Cosmetics Safety Database. I find it to be an invaluable resource. I ditched ALLLL of my personal care products last year and replaced them w/all natural, organic, and non-toxic products. What really irks me is that the gov't has allowed the cosmetics companies to use the toxic chems in products for all these years, and most of us were none the wiser. Now that I DO know... I know what to look for when choosing cosmetic and personal care products. All of us here strive to eat healthfully & develop a nice physique. In line w/health management then, I believe it's important to consider what we are using on our skin, since it IS the largest organ of the body. Happy to share the info, and glad you found it useful. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.