Second Impressions---Low Max

Swimmer

Cathlete
The first few times I did Low Max, I thought the choreography was complex and the entire workout was boring. Last week, I decided to give it another go, as I needed a break from impact. I was pleasantly surprised to have had no problems with the choreography and I actually enjoyed the combos.:) Nothing like a slap clap to make you smile at oh-dark-hundered hours. :p While Cathe has come a long way in improving the fun-factor and intensity level of her low impact blasts since she put out this workout, I liked the entire DVD and pulled it out again today. I'm doing it on a 6" step but anticipate eventually going up to 8", as she recommends.

I had the same experience with the 10 combo premix in PRS#2 and Step Blast. While I still modify a couple of the bonus combos in PRS#2 to cut out all the spins, I really love the choreography. Persistence can pay off! Gives me hope that I will one day do PRS#1 and Step Moves.

I love low max! This is my first video of Cathes! I always loved step but I had not done step since 2000 and I wanted to try something! So I bought a step and it had this DVD on it! Man I was so lost! Like I said the stepping I was used to was Kathy Smith and ReeBox with Gin miller ( not real complex) so when I tried low max I was happy yet confused and excited! I loved the music in it I did it over and over. I never found it boring because I had never seen one this fast passed! Lol even in my 20's Jane Fonda kathy smith and gin miller was the faster pace I had seen! Now I was 42 and trying to do this! I finally got most of the routine down and went over the top and then somehow landed flat on my booty! I had to sit a few, to access the damage to my butt bone. Not like when I was younger I jump right back up afraid someone saw. Nope I sat there making sure nothing was broken! My sister had a laugh and so did I. Nothing was broke so I hopped right back up on the step and continued on! I then learned about premixes! I never knew a DVD had so many ways to do a workout! At first I thought oh god why is this like this now I have no idea what to do but I eventually realized what premixes was! I was so happy!! I got on my computer and typed in Cathe name and I found another world!! I had stopped exercising with my home videos in around 2001 because it got boring I had exercise and liost 70 pounds and I kept it off since 1993 but I got bored and busy. Full time job and kids, I gained 40 back in 2006 and in 2010 was when I decided I was gonna try again! Mymom was sick at the time I had to quit my job to take care of her. That's when I got this low max!! I still love this DVD.
I wish I had known about Cathe and premixes years ago when I was totally bored with Kathy smith and all that way I could have gotten even more fit! Now I'm 44 and so happy to have discovered Cathe! I am not as skinny as I used to be and I have only lost maybe 8 pounds since 2010 but I have some muscle definition under my chubby fat and I have more endurance and stronger then I was.

I crossfire and to the max is considered metabolic in some areas but has HIT as well. I think maybe Katie can tell us more

I've just done Low Max, and am delighted to say that I could follow the choreography. Thank you for the prompt. I really enjoyed it.
Justine

I have Low Max on my calendar for Friday! I can't wait! I haven't done it in so long. I have decided to go back and go through all my Cathe DVD's because there are so many that I love and haven't done is a long time! Thanks for getting my jazzed for Low MAx

Low Max is a workout that has never collected dust for me. I understand how perceptions of workouts can change over time. Someone once posted a comment (I'm not sure if it was here or on another forum) about how workouts that had become too easy eventually were useful again due to injury, aging, or both.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.