searching the forum

eraslan

Cathlete
I am having trouble searching the forum. Some examples:

1. if I search "how much cardio", "how" and "much" are dropped because they are short and common.

2. if I search "cardio frequency" I get all the posts that have either the word "cardio" or the word "frequency" in it.

3. if I search "Step Max", "Max" is dropped because it is too short. Even worse, if I search "CTX" the whole search term is dropped because of its length.

The forum has tons of useful information. Being new here I have many questions which I am sure must have been asked before. Unfortunately I locate the relevant information because of the limitations on the search tool. I wonder if it is possible to have Google type features, so that I can search only for posts that
* contain ALL the search terms I type in
* contain the exact phrase I type in
* contain at least one of the words I type in
* do NOT contain any of the words I type in

Any help on whether this is possible would be appreciated.

update

I can now search for exact phrases as long as the search term is not too short (using quotes under advanced search). It would still be nice to search short words such "4ds" or "ctx" though as well as having other functionalities (using AND, OR or excluding words, etc.)

ITA!! I would LOVE to be able to search for the short forms of Cathe's DVD's (i.e, 4DS, CTX, BM2, etc.) as that's the way most people type them out in their posts and in the titles of their posts. To not be able to search this way is unbelievable limiting, you miss so many posts as a result. Also when I go to other workout forums such as Video Fitness you can do this without any problems. Thanks for your help.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.