Sculpting Sneakers

mabdoo

Cathlete
Has anyone tried these? I am thinking of the Skechers and others that are supposed to sculpt while walking? I was thinking of getting a pair to wear around the house instead of my slippers. Thoughts? Are they worth the money?

I wear the Sketchers for work (12 hour shifts at the hospital). I think if you exercise regularly you won't feel any "shaping" going on, at least I didn't--even after wearing them the first time for 12 hours. They are super comfortable, bouncy, and help my lower back pain, so I'm glad I got them. :) I've also worn them on the treadmill and didn't have the knee pain that I usually get either.
But IMO, if you workout at all, I don't think wearing them around the house will give you any shaping or sculpting benefits.

I don't know that they really sculpt anything, but I have a pair of the Sketcher's shape ups and I love them. It's like walking on a cloud all day. My sister and mom both tried mine on and then ran out and bought a pair. I waited until Kohls had them on sale for $98 and then I used a 30% off coupon they had sent me. I just got another 30% off coupon and I think I'm going to go get another pair. They obviously know sending me those coupons is effective at getting me to shop!

I've been curious about them too. I had no idea they were that expensive. Do the insoles come out for orthotics or does that totally defeat the purpose of the bouncy, comfy factor?

I don't know that they really sculpt anything, but I have a pair of the Sketcher's shape ups and I love them. It's like walking on a cloud all day. My sister and mom both tried mine on and then ran out and bought a pair. I waited until Kohls had them on sale for $98 and then I used a 30% off coupon they had sent me. I just got another 30% off coupon and I think I'm going to go get another pair. They obviously know sending me those coupons is effective at getting me to shop!

I have nothing to add about the shoes, but wanted to say: I LOVE KOHL'S!! I just got a 30% coupon in the mail and can't wait to use it! :D They definitely know how to keep their customers coming back!!

I have nothing to add about the shoes, but wanted to say: I LOVE KOHL'S!! I just got a 30% coupon in the mail and can't wait to use it! :D They definitely know how to keep their customers coming back!!

Yes, they definitely do! What's sad is that DH and I both have cards with them so that we have twice as much of a chance to get a 30% off coupon. I love that they let you use it on pretty much anything even if it is on sale.

pjlippert - Yes, the insoles come out and I doubt it would change the feel much since the cushy feeling is from the actual bottom of the shoes. It's the sole that is super thick and cushy.

I got a 30% off coupon this time too!

Whenever I get a 15% off coupon, I don't even bother going in there. You'd think they'd realize that the 30% off coupons bring people in there in droves!

Wow I had no idea they were that expensive. Thought they may be comfy I guess I would rather spend $100 on something else. Thanks for the info.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.