Schools out for summer!!!!

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
well at least as of 1:35pm today....FINALLY!!!! This past winter's 24 inch snow storms storms ran us into serious overtime on snow day make ups....ouch! I don't envy today's bus driver....those kids are gonna be crazy!!!

Does this mean your sons are officially working at the gym, offering fitness advice and form pointers? I think that would be so cute!

Hi Cathe,

They are just getting out of school? Holy cow!! Randy has been out for a month- which is weird in and of itself because I think they end the school year too early and go back too early- mid August! Back in my day we didn't start school again until after Labor Day.

That would be cute if your kids trained other kids!

Happy Summer!
Pam

Hi Cathe!

It's my son's last day too. They get out at 12:50 officially but his grandmother (my mom) is going to be picking him up early (noon) and taking him to see Toy Story 3. Shhhh-it's a surprise! ;) Then he gets to spend the night at her house and hang out with her all day tmrw! Lucky boy! How will your boys start their summer vacation? :D

Snow days turn into going-to-school-in-the-summer-days? How much would that suck? That would take all the fun out of snow days!

My kids have been out of school for out of school for 16 days and counting. We've already seen the Karate Kid and after Cathe's glowing review of Toy Story we'll have to go and see that too. I bought my kids brand new mountain bikes and out door toys so that they wouldn't spend the whole summer inside watching TV and playing video games. We've been swiming everyday, . .and to the library every other day, . .but I'm starting to run out of stuff to do. I can't wait for their camp to start, . they get to hike, fish, and learn archery.

Cathe did you ever get your new puppy?

Happy Summer to you and your boys! As a teacher in Indiana, we pray for two-hour delays and not snow days. Two-hour delays just make for crazy days, but snow days must be made up in the summer. ENJOY!

Happy Summer and last day of school to your boys, Cathe! How many snow days did they have to make up? We usually only have 1 snow day a year(or ice day!) in Texas. I have been out of school for almost 4 weeks and as a teacher I am loving every minute of the summer.

I can only imagine how excited they are to be finally out! Wishing them the rest of summer filled with lots of fun! Any recent pix? Bet they are both getting so big!

So fun to hear back from you :) My kids had 6 days to make up. They were originally supposed to be out June 16th or 18th (I forget already, ha). Funny you mention them working here...I do give them little errands here in the gym during the school year. When they are old enough I will have them out working at the front desk and or personal training part time. They love the mini bootcamp classes I give them when the gym is closed so perhaps they will even teach one of those here one day too.

Next week we are going to Hawaii. The first time for all of us. Then the boys have a trip to the Glaciers coming up later in the summer with their grandparents. We also have them attending a really super fun camp about an hour from here for a few weeks this summer. They have every activity from indoors to outdoors you can imagine. They love it and I don't think I make it 5 minutes down the road after picking them up without them snoring in the backseat. Their cute sweaty dirty little faces all sticky with sunscreen and their clothes stained with a days worth of fun :D

So what are your summer plans with your kids?

PS Janie, after some long thought and discussion we decided we still aren't fully ready to get a puppy yet. Thanks for asking :)

You're just so organized, it's not even funny!! Thanks for letting us in on it all, Cathe. Now I have the pleasure of sharing in your excitement too. Have a sensational time on your family vacation. Does this mean you'll be incorporating some hula dancin' in the next round of DVD's? ;) Plus those lucky whatsits on this year's road trip will see you pretty soon too. I'm staying put this summer, having used up most of my available funds earlier this year on trips to Canada and Holland so will just have to be satisfied reading about what everybody else is up to for the next little while. Take good care.

My kids are still in school till June 30th but they don't go back till after Labour Day weekend! We don't have snow days here on the Canadian prairies. It can be -40 and blizzard like, there is always school. Because it can be -40 and blizzard like for weeks on end.

Just a quick proud mommy plug, my dd age 9 won athlete of the year at her school, if you need any extra help at the gym Cathe;);):D

Have fun in Hawaii!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.