Scheduling kettlebell workouts in rotation

lrayburn

Cathlete
Would it be a problem to schedule an upper body workout the day after a kettlebell workout in a rotation?

I'm do a half-marathon training program (running 4 days per week) and have been doing two upper and 2 lower body workouts per week. I want to switch my weights to one upper, one lower, one total body and one kettlebell workout per week but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to schedule it.

This is what I have figured out so far:
Monday: Upper body, run
Tuesday: Lower body, run
Wednesday: Rest
Thursday: Run
Friday: Total body
Saturday: Long run
Sunday: Kettlebell

What do you ladies think? I get DOMS in my legs and glutes after kettlebells but don't seem to feel it as much in my upper body. I may cut down on shoulder work on the upper body day.
Lisa

bitmover

Cathlete
Lisa, not sure what all you do in your kettlebell workouts, but given how you say you feel, I think it's not a problem. I struggled with how to work them in, too, and in the end I decided what I really like doing is swinging the kettlebell, and for me that's definitely a cardio workout (and yes, my legs feel it too, but they feel it when I run). I've also realized I prefer traditional weights for my strength training, so I definitely am doing kettlebells on days in between strength training. I'm really enjoying this and happy I feel like I have figured out how to make it work for me (I know some people think I am crazy to do swings only).

-Beth

lrayburn

Cathlete
I have the Iron Core II dvd which I don't really like (the dvd, not the kettlebells). I just ordered AOS Providence so that will be my workout for now. I'm just not sure how to fit what is essentially another full-body workout into my schedule without dropping weights down to only 2 days/week.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.