Scale is not budging!

LizC7

Cathlete
Hello Everyone,
I'm into the 7th week of a LIS and RWH rotation. I'm eating clean and feel stronger BUT my weight has not budged a pound! I'm not really tracking calories but certainly am not over eating and am pretty clean. Should I try eating less? More?
Does anyone have a struggle figuring out diet?

My scale has not been budging either in the past several weeks either. However, I have lost inches all over in the same time period. Do you track your measurements or do your clothes feel different. I do track my calories (because I know I have a tendency to underestimate). I get frustrated too with the scale, but I have learned that at least for me, it is not the best measurement tool.

Can't advise if you should eat more or less as it depends on more things than you provided.

physiology is a unique thing and the body has away of protecting itself during intense workouts. I'm going to guess if you are not over eating then your body is holding onto water. The muscle is smaller and heavier and holds water while healing you will not see a scale change..

I probably have wrote the before the scale is not your friend if you do hypertrophy weight workouts. The muscle tears/builds/holds water. The hiit training also causes short term inflammation to the body. YES you are loosing unwanted fat and gaining muscle but your body will hold the vital healing water.

If you are scale addicted then try this approach and see if you've lost a few pounds. Do you weight first thing in morning after bathroom and get a measurement while your body is dehydrated - no clothes and only once a week

But my biggest advise throw out the scale and get a measuring tape. The scale only works if you are doing steady cardio like walking daily and keeping some low calorie fad diet. THe scale does not work well for muscle building and high intensity stuff.

also if you take a recovery week most of the time the scale number will drop because you will excrete the excess water the body has held onto during your intense workout routine.

Good luck don't get discourage eat clean and keep working out and I'm sure you can achieve the body you want.

physiology is a unique thing and the body has away of protecting itself during intense workouts. I'm going to guess if you are not over eating then your body is holding onto water. The muscle is smaller and heavier and holds water while healing you will not see a scale change..

I probably have wrote the before the scale is not your friend if you do hypertrophy weight workouts. The muscle tears/builds/holds water. The hiit training also causes short term inflammation to the body. YES you are loosing unwanted fat and gaining muscle but your body will hold the vital healing water.

If you are scale addicted then try this approach and see if you've lost a few pounds. Do you weight first thing in morning after bathroom and get a measurement while your body is dehydrated - no clothes and only once a week

But my biggest advise throw out the scale and get a measuring tape. The scale only works if you are doing steady cardio like walking daily and keeping some low calorie fad diet. THe scale does not work well for muscle building and high intensity stuff.

also if you take a recovery week most of the time the scale number will drop because you will excrete the excess water the body has held onto during your intense workout routine.

Good luck don't get discourage eat clean and keep working out and I'm sure you can achieve the body you want.

Thank you so much for this awesome response. I'm going to measure!

Hello Everyone,
I'm into the 7th week of a LIS and RWH rotation. I'm eating clean and feel stronger BUT my weight has not budged a pound! I'm not really tracking calories but certainly am not over eating and am pretty clean. Should I try eating less? More?
Does anyone have a struggle figuring out diet?

I remember something Susan Powter said years ago about exercising, checking your results without obsessing over the scales. Basically, a series of question to ask oneself about their results.

1. Are you stronger?
2. Are your clothes fitting better?
3. [As others here have said beautifully...] Are your measurements smaller (where that's desired)?
4. Do you have more energy?
5. Do you have more endurance?
6. Are you more pain-free (if applicable)?
7. Do you feel better mentally (happier, more positive, clearer, etc.)?
8. Are you firmer/more muscular?

Exercise results are about so much more than numbers, regardless. I agree 100% with Cafelattee's great post above!

Not tracking calories is the likely issue. If weightloss is your objective, if not, then continue as you are. Enjoy your workouts and results.

You should keep a food journal. I always thought I am at my set point weight and my body loves to be at that weight. However, then I started tracking my calories and I realized my current weight is the cause of eating on average 3400 calories a day. I started with a body weight of 170 lbs and 3400 calories a day (I am 5 ft 10), size 10 in clothing. For the past twenty days I reduced my calories painlessly (no hunger at all) to about 2000 calories a day and I am down to 164 lbs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.