saliva hormone tests

I did have a kit and was able to determine my ovulation days. It was easy to read and wasn't very expensive.

Skyy

Yes, I've done these saliva hormone kits. You end up taking four tests in one day; upon waking up (no food or liquids), noon, dinner time, and bed time.

Be warned that it takes a long time to fill the first tube...allow 60 minutes to fill.

If you don't have this time or patience, you can always opt for the blood spot tests instead. They also can be used to measure your hormone levels. You most likely will need a separate blood test for free T-3 and free T-4 for thyroid.

Yes I have. You are right, it takes a long time to fill the tube so plan when you will be home for the day, a Saturday or Sunday perhaps. Mine was prescribed by my doctor and when I had my 4 samples, I dropped it off at a pharmacy who works in this, is it called biodenticals. You answer a lot of questions on a form about things you are experiencing like new allergies, not sleeping, etc. They send it off and get the results back and then they notified my doctor. I was prescribed an estrogen cream and progesterone pills which needed to be mixed up by the pharmacist, they were compounds. Now I only use the estrogen cream. I redid a blood test 3 months afterwards to check my levels and my progesterone had changed enough to stop. We'll see if it is still good in another month. Hope this helps.

I tried smelling a cut lemon and spicy foods. Of course, it never works for me first thing in the morning. :-(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.