S&H

RE: S&H

Also, if you have the time for it, you can tack on Pure Strength sit and stands, for example, to the end of S&H Legs. I break out the legs on S&H, tack on the last 15 min. of The Firm Standing Legs (hover squats, which are sit and stands, galore) and then stretch. This is much more fatiguing for me. I am maxing out at about 70lbs over the head. Actually, this week I sorta injured my wrist messing with that barbell. This year, I may ask for the weighted vest for X-mas. I got it once, didn't like it, but don't think I gave it much of a chance.

Leaner Legs really seems like overkill to me. There are so many reps it makes me wonder how many are really necessary. Plus it goes on FOREVER. It is VERY effective, but I am a strength gal myself and when I did S&H legs this week, I recalled that it IS just as tough as Leaner Legs. You need a find a way to get your poundage up or tack on some endurance to the end.

I did Janis Saffell's "Brand New Butt and More" today and was really pleased with the variety of the leg work in that. I like floorwork routines that incorporate balance and really work the smaller muscles in the legs that often get ignored with the more traditional weight lifting tapes. I found that most of it could be modified as well which is great!!! Just adding that in!

Good Luck with whatever you try Nancy..
Janice

RE: S&H

I have to agree somewhat with Janice. You MUST find a way to use heavier weights and it DOES work when you do this. I've said this in another post....I turn my weight bench backwards and get under the bar and stand which isn't hard at all. I can use around 78 pounds right now and this works my legs, if I had to go lighter....I just wouldn't feel it. You can pick up a weight bench anywhere...I see them free in the paper all the time....they are worth their weight in gold and I use them in place of the bench for most of my heavy upperbody work as well.

I alternate LL during the week and that's a whole different workout then slow and heavy (very necessary, but in a different way). I love the slow and heavy series, all of it, though I admit to using it less frequently lately and doing my own heavy weight work, "it's a necessary part of your strength training program :7 :7 :7 "

Briee

Edited to add: If you don't like slow and heavy legs a GREAT substitute is Aquajock's idea....do IMAX II and in between each interval stick in the S&H squats, lunges, sit n stands, plie squats and go heavy!! I like this better than S&H legs alone, awesome combination!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.