Ryka Cirrus at Finishline.com

TarHeelMom

Cathlete
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Aug-09-02 AT 05:17PM (Est)[/font][p]Hey everyone --

Great news for those of you who tend to love the styles that Ryka discontinues.

I have been on a fruitless search here in Atlanta for a pair of new step shoes. The last pair of Rykas I'd bought online (the Stylus) didn't fit my foot well at all and I have been back to wearing my really-worn-out Ryka Cirruses. How weird that in a huge city like this good fitness shoes are hard to find and always a long driving distance away. After hoofing it to several Lady Footlockers and other stores and coming away empty-handed, I got back on the 'net in frustration to try once again to find a pair of Cirruses. I had searched before but came up blank in my size because this style was discontinued some time ago.

And -- I just had to tell you all that, to my amazement, this time the search turned up Finishline.com, and I found a good supply of Cirrus, including my size, AND -- are you ready for this? -- they were on sale for $39.98! They also have several other Ryka models, including the Stylus, at great prices. Not only that, but I ordered myself a pair of Cirruses (sp??) on the 6th and they were shipped on the 7th UPS and according to tracking should be here today! Woo hoo!!!

The interesting thing about this, too, is that the Finishline stores in Atlanta don't have this shoe, and in all my previous net searches this website had never come up. Divine intervention for my tootsies, maybe! :)

Here's the link to Finishline: http://www.finishline.com

And if you like other aerobic shoe brands or are in the market for running shoes or whatever, there was a nice selection of other brands available.

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif [FONT C OLOR=Blue]Kathy S.[/FONT]

Kathy, I was so excited when I saw your post. Cirrus is what I have been wearing, and I was just thinking yesterday that it was about time to start the dreaded shoe hunt again. I'm so bummed though! They don't have my size!! waaahhhh!!! :'(

You got a GREAT deal on a great shoe! Lucky you! :)

Sandie

Thanks, Kathy!

I ordered my very first pair of Cirrus! I am hoping they run small like other Ryka's have for me. I ordered a 1/2 size up which is the very size they had!! Thanks for the head's up!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi everyone!

A word of caution...I ordered Re Alchemy from finishline.com on Wednesday & they showed my size in stock. I got an order confirmation that afternoon. This morning I got an e-mail from their customer service saying they weren't available in their distribution center & would have to do a search of all their stores to try to find stock. I'm not sure when I'll hear anything or if they'll even find them & I don't think I like them having my credit card number when I may not even get the product I ordered. They did mention that they would not charge my card until shipment.

I am bummed right now since they were on sale for $39.98 & I was so stoked when I saw they had my size (or thought that they did!!!):'(

Keep your fingers crossed that everything works out...I saw the Cirrus as well & thought afterwards I should have ordered those as well!!

Leslie

RE: Thanks, Kathy!

Hi Debbie with the nice happy voice! So sorry I missed your call but I did get and followed through on your message. Funky, huh? ;-)

In my experience Ryka runs at least a half-size small (in the Stylus even a half-size up didn't fit my foot well), so you'll be just dandy with the 7 1/2, I think.

Hopin' to meet you soon on a roadtrip, too!

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif [FONT C OLOR=Blue]Kathy S.[/FONT]

Anybody know the life of an aerobic shoe?? I have a Ryka style, can't remember which, but how do you know when you need new ones?? I think I got mine about 6 months ago and I work out in them atleast 3-4 times per week, indoors mostly only. Do I need new ones?? I do all Cathe, so would that be considered high-impact??

RE: Thanks, Kathy!

Thanks Kathy! I was also disappointed to miss you. I'm glad you could make out what I said. I felt like I was talking in circles trying to explain! It dawned on me after I called that you had probably posted from work. Duuuh! I'll let you know how the shoes fit. I ended up buying the "Purls" too!!! They were discounted to $29.99! I couldn't help myself! I have never even heard of Ryka Purls! Oh my! Hope they work for something workout wise. I had to get them in an 8.(They didn't have 7 1/2) Usually, if I get stuck with a pair I order off the Intrenet and they don't fit, one of my students will jump at the chance to get the good discount. Okay, I'm rambling here. Thanks for the info & hope to talk to you soon!!

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Famous Footwear has Ryka Alchemy 3 on sale for $39.99. I bought size 8.5 back in June and they were a little snug. I've been using them for Cathe tapes all summer but my left toe was rubbing against the shoe to the point where it was beginning to bother me. Famous Footwear let me exchange them for 9.0's yesterday, even though I told them i'd been using them almost every day for inside exercise. The 9's feel so much better. I was very impressed with the Famous Footwear customer service. So , if you are looking for Rykas, try Famous Footwear! :)

3 questions:

1. Same as Nautoj's question- when are my shoes too old? When the sides of the shoes start bulging out?

2. What is Famous Footwear- a store or a web site?

3. What shoes out there have long-lasting, stiff lateral support (see q. 1)? :)

I just found this info by goin to "Ask Jeeves" and typing "How long do aerobic shoes last?"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Foot Fitness for Life"
The AOFAS Guide to Keeping Your Feet Young and Healthy
Know Your Sports Shoes

If you play a sport three or more times per week, a sport-specific shoe may be necessary. Remember that after 300-500 miles or running or 300 hours of aerobic activity, the cushioning material in the shoe is usually worn down and it's time to toss the shoes.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, I guess if you work out a minimum of 4 hours a week, that means you need to change you shoes after 75 weeks, or almost a year and a half? Does that seem right?

Susan G.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.