RWH Checkin

ElaineP

Cathlete
I was wondering if anyone wants to do a RWH Checkin?
I will be starting the first rotation in the guide on Monday and was wondering if anyone else was too.

I would love to, if I can walk by then! Lol I did the legs Thursday and still am sore! I have traveled the weekend got back tonight I need to do a workout tomorrow but not sure what to do. Thought about doing the next one in the rotation but that's to far away from the legs so I didn't know if I should do legs tomorrow and start the rotation tomorrow or Monday or what! I make it much harder then it needs to be lol. I will need to check on what to do tomorrow to burn off some bad calories from this week!

I'm starting my 2nd week of RWH and I love it so far. Just did upper body circuit and WOW!! what a great workout. I think it should be called "Total body workout with upper body weight but your legs will burn too" but I guess that name would be to long. I was going to try lower body circuit tomorrow but I think I will give my legs a rest day and just do something else.

Firemedic - I'm starting second week as well - I've now done all the workouts, but I feel I haven't given them my all. I think it's because they're new, and I was a bit apprehensive of how difficult they'd be, so I paced myself. I agree with your thoughts on UB Circuits. In fact I think my legs may have received a better workout than my upper body!

I'm thinking of doing the rotation with XTrain. I'd be interested to hear which rotations others choose.

I'm thinking about doing the rotation with low impact series. I like that it also includes more metabolic and heavy weights. But I will still probably put in the plyo hiits a few times during that rotation. I have a hard time staying all low impact. I really enjoy higher impact too.

Firemedic - I'm starting second week as well - I've now done all the workouts, but I feel I haven't given them my all. I think it's because they're new, and I was a bit apprehensive of how difficult they'd be, so I paced myself. I agree with your thoughts on UB Circuits. In fact I think my legs may have received a better workout than my upper body!

I'm thinking of doing the rotation with XTrain. I'd be interested to hear which rotations others choose.

I think I'm going to do the XTrain rotation as well. Loved XTrain. I've done all the RWH workouts, loved them. So, doing them together will be pure bliss, I'm sure. I won't be starting until January. Too much going on this month. Can't wait!! This month will just be kind of a mash up. Want to get very familiar with each workout.

Last edited:
Oh great! I'll be starting the getting started rotation on Monday. We can call the check-in RWH or spell it out, Ripped with HiiT.

Last edited:
I am going to be doing the RWH workouts but doing 4 days of lifting with 2 cardio. I want to see if lifting will help me lose some weight. I feel I have been doing too much cardio. I don't think, unless I missed it, that there are any rotations in the RWH book that work like this.

I think I'm going to do the XTrain rotation as well. Loved XTrain. I've done all the RWH workouts, loved them. So, doing them together will be pure bliss, I'm sure. I won't be starting until January. Too much going on this month. Can't wait!! This month will just be kind of a mash up. Want to get very familiar with each workout.
I'm also eyeing that XTrain rotation, although I love lifting heavy, so I'm thinking of modifying it so that I'd be using Burn Sets every week, plus the cardio/metabolic/circuit/lower body workouts from Xtrain + RWH both.

I'm sort of doing my own RWH rotation this month, as I want to do the Lift It Hi(i)T It workouts every week:
Sun: LIHI chest/tri/FD + plyo HiiT
Mon: LIHI legs
Tue: LIHI back/bis/RD + plyo HiiT
Wed: Double low impact or steady state cardio
Thu: HiiT UB circuit
Fri: HiiT LB circuit
Sat: OFF/yoga/stretch
(plus abs when I have time)

So I figure next month I'll mix in XTrain but switch to Burn Sets for muscle confusion, variety, and whatnot. We'll see. I'm sort of working with the 6-month bodybuilding rotation template. I've done STS, a month of Gym Styles, then 2-3 weeks of LIS + Live mostly (focusing on metabolic/circuit/cardio), now a month of RWH, next a month of Burn Sets? We'll see... I get fidgety with rotations. I seek structure, then feel oppressed by it.
Roz

Last edited:
I just started RwH this morning. Is this the check in page? Or will one be created in the Check in forum?

I'm planning on starting that rotation too on Monday so I would love to do a check-in. :)

Renee, I feel your pain (literally) regarding the legs workout. I was fighting off a stomach bug last week so I didn't get to start testing out any of the new workouts until Wednesday. I started with the legs workout. Yesterday (Saturday) I had on a pair of boots with a 2-2.5 inch heel while I was out and about and I could still feel the doms in my glutes!!!! LOL.

Sara
Oh my gosh just read this! Saturday night I was up all night sick and Sunday with stomach virus! I'm still weak! I hope tomorrow I'll feel better! How long did it take u to get to feel better to exercise?

Roz I like your schedule.
I am still working through the workouts and this week is:

Monday - Back/Bis/RD
Tuesday - Legs
Wed - Chest/Tris/FD
Thursday - Cathe Live cardio
Friday - total body (thinking tracie long Stronger Longer 1 or 2)
Saturday/Sunday - steady state cardio

Haven't decided where the Plyo or Low Impact Hiits are going. I want to focus on lifting so not sure if the cardio ones will be used much or not. I do get on the bike at work over lunch for 30 minutes so am thinking that is enough. Trying to see if lifting will help me lose some weight. I know this time of year is not easy so plan on really tackling this come the new year.

Roz I like your schedule.
I am still working through the workouts and this week is:

Monday - Back/Bis/RD
Tuesday - Legs
Wed - Chest/Tris/FD
Thursday - Cathe Live cardio
Friday - total body (thinking tracie long Stronger Longer 1 or 2)
Saturday/Sunday - steady state cardio

Haven't decided where the Plyo or Low Impact Hiits are going. I want to focus on lifting so not sure if the cardio ones will be used much or not. I do get on the bike at work over lunch for 30 minutes so am thinking that is enough. Trying to see if lifting will help me lose some weight. I know this time of year is not easy so plan on really tackling this come the new year.
rcsaros, your rotation looks great! (I don't know the Tracie Long workouts -- are they heavy weights or more metabolic/high reps?) One thought in terms of cardio -- maybe if the Live you do on Thurs is steady state, you could try a HiiT cardio for your weekend workout, and vice versa. Sounds like you get some good cardio on the bike, though. Do you do intervals on the bike? You could try that if want to throw some HiiT in there! ;)
Hope you get the results you want from lifting. I bet you will -- stick with it and don't go by the scale! :)

Hi MominVT,

Not to butt in, but just FYI... Tracie Long was one of the "master instructors" in the Firm Workouts starting with "Tortoise and Hare" if I recall correctly. She quickly became one of the favorite instructors and was a protégée of the late Anna Benson (creator of The Firm workouts). I've found Traci's workouts to be more of a metabolic nature with light to moderate weights and cardio. She has a decent body of work under different names.

Her company is Tracie Long Fitness (t used to be Tracie Long Training). She's very much into workouts for functional fitness, longevity and a strong core. I have her TLT workouts from several years back. Some of the moves in those workouts were interesting. In one workout, we used a plate (or rag) in a manner that simulated scrubbing a floor. She is known for her unique moves and some are interesting to do. Overall, her workouts are solid. Some had a big dread factor for me. Plus, I'd get bored in the middle of them and did time checks to see how much longer they had to go.

Tracie is about the same age as Cathe. The Stronger Longer workouts (there are two of them) were designed to help defy the aging process and are supposed to be time efficient (based on her statement that it’s something busy moms like her can use). She said she altered some of the movements; maybe they are more joint friendly.

Tracie also came out with a fitness workout for seniors (targeting age 65+). I believe its called Platinum Fitness. I don't have any of her new workouts. She has a few step workouts but I hit gold with Cathe's step workouts so I don't venture far from those if I want to do step.

Last edited:

Justinef - I am looking at doing the rotation with XTrain too! am waiting to get the workouts I don't have, plus I had a minor surgery on my leg so I'm not able to start anything that tough until the 5th, or so. Wondering what everyone else is planning - so many options.....

Hi MominVT,

Not to butt in, but just FYI... Tracie Long was one of the "master instructors" in the Firm Workouts starting with "Tortoise and Hare" if I recall correctly. She quickly became one of the favorite instructors and was a protégée of the late Anna Benson (creator of The Firm workouts). I've found Traci's workouts to be more of a metabolic nature with light to moderate weights and cardio. She has a decent body of work under different names.

Her company is Tracie Long Fitness (t used to be Tracie Long Training). She's very much into workouts for functional fitness, longevity and a strong core. I have her TLT workouts from several years back. Some of the moves in those workouts were interesting. In one workout, we used a plate (or rag) in a manner that simulated scrubbing a floor. She is known for her unique moves and some are interesting to do. Overall, her workouts are solid. Some had a big dread factor for me. Plus, I'd get bored in the middle of them and did time checks to see how much longer they had to go.

Tracie is about the same age as Cathe. The Stronger Longer workouts (there are two of them) were designed to help defy the aging process and are supposed to be time efficient (based on her statement that it’s something busy moms like her can use). She said she altered some of the movements; maybe they are more joint friendly.

Tracie also came out with a fitness workout for seniors (targeting age 65+). I believe its called Platinum Fitness. I don't have any of her new workouts. She has a few step workouts but I hit gold with Cathe's step workouts so I don't venture far from those if I want to do step.
Thanks for this info, Teals. Super interesting!
You obviously have an extensive knowledge of home workouts (and their history). I'd be curious to hear about any total can't-live-without favorites of yours from instructors other than Cathe, especially workouts that have no analogous Cathe workout.
Roz

Justinef - I am looking at doing the rotation with XTrain too! am waiting to get the workouts I don't have, plus I had a minor surgery on my leg so I'm not able to start anything that tough until the 5th, or so. Wondering what everyone else is planning - so many options.....

Sara - I started today - Hardstrikes - a nice one to kick off the rotation with. My only concerns are fitting Cathe Live in (maybe subbing??) and that there won't be quite enough heavy upper body work. But it's a short rotation, so I'm going for it.

I hope your leg's OK to start in Jan.

Justine, leg is getting better quickly. I've been riding my stationary bike at a low-moderate intensity for about an hour a day, but miss the weights and the high intensity. Today I did LIHI Back. That one is really tough. You could always add a Gym-Style shorty premix to supplement the upper body. All of the the RWH workouts are short enough for me to add something if I want to. I love that!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.