Runners Check-In, Wed, 6.07.06

Good morning everyone - I'm guessing that when I'm sitting here drinking my coffee and starting the thread you are all out getting your runs in.:) I probably should be doing that, but at least I get it in after work.

Yesterday I power walked an hour after work, I thought I'd make it a slow down kind of day. Well, I got home and my neighbor wanted to go, too, so after supper her and I went for another hour power walk. So, two hours of cardio in again yesterday and no strength training. I really need to start fitting some of that in, too.

I hope everyone has a great day, today - the weather is going to be great here, so I hope I can get out of the office earlier than usual. ;-)

~Marcia~

That's OK, Judy, like you said the extra sleep must've been needed. Enjoy your day! Sleep is a wonderful thing. ;-)

Marcia.

Good morning Marcia and Judy and all other Cheetah's. Today is PLB for me and some type of abs. I'll be back with the full scoop in by 9. Just wanted to say good morning.

Wendy- I think Sept would be just fine. Please do sign up. With eveyones encouragement around here for me to do my first was the best thing in the world. Please do it. YOu will just love it.

Christine- I'm so happy for you and you dd. How wonderful for her and what a proud moment for you. Brag all you want. You should. Plus the fact that both of you will have music in common is a wonderful experince.

Off to workout. I'LL BE BACK!!!!!
karen

www.picturetrail.com/karenvictoria

Good morning Cheetahs!

Ok, let me try this again- I tried posting before w/ no luck!

I went for a 5.25 mile run w/ Erin & Melissa again. I did some speedwork (5 x .25 mile @ about 6:30 pace) which was good. They both run a bit slower than I do, so I speed ahead for a bit & then run back to cool down. It's just so great to have friends to run with! And Mikey has been a good dog. My neighbor called & it will be $137 for a new solar cover for their pool- OUCH!!!

I was sooo tired last night- I think my body's still adjusting to this 4:45 wake up time!! I ran & did PUB y'day plus took the kids to the pool for a few hrs. I was so worn out by 7 last night & in bed by 9:15!! I needed the extra rest though, I was feeling much better this morning.

Gotta head to the store for some groceries (bare minimum though, now that I have to squeeze $137 out of the budget!!) & then take the kids to the pool (which is free thanks to my dh's employer). Gonna take advantage of the nice weather!

Have a great day!

Christine- what kind of musical training do you have? I was a flute performance major & play piccolo & a little piano also. WTG to your dd, you should be proud of her!!

Hugs,

RE: Good morning Cheetahs!

Good morning....Granny Cheetah checking in after missing a coupla days! Hard to fit everything in between 12 hr work nites. OKAY, I may not be the fastest (by a long shot) or the toughest cheetah here but at least I can claim to be the oldest, if only by a few years anyway. Yesterday I got in a pretty good 30 min tempo run and Supersets. Today, after I leave work I'll go for a 6 mile run, later after a nap will be some core work and some cycling. I watched Cathe yesterday on GMA while on the TM. She looked amazing!

Laura- I'll bet your having fun with your new Garmin! I have an older model and am considering upgrading. I have the Cheetah fast workout and have a considerable dread factor about it! But it sure is effective!

Wendy- I would definitely go for the Runnersworld subscription. When I get mine I pour through it cover to cover. It has such valuable advise! I was so thrilled to hear your considering participating in a 5k. A walk-run type event would be perfect to start with!

Christine- congrats to your DD's accomplishment. You have every right to be proud! She must have a beautiful voice!

Marcia- good morning and great job on the powerwalking!

Karen- Have fun with PLB today---no running?

Jess- You are one tough cheetah lady! That speedwork was impressive!

I'll check in later today after I'm rested and a little more coherent.

Happy workouts to all!

ShellyC

Good Morning Cheetahs!:)

Marcia, 2 hours of power walking? WHOA! Good work out girl! I know how hard it can be to fit everything in but ya gotta do it! Weight training is sooo important! I was shirking it the last 1-2 weeks because of my neck/shoulder but it's better now so I HAVE to get back into it as well! We'll do it together!;)

Judy, 6-7 miles is FABULOUS! Are you going to be able to swing those arms on the run after doing U/B? :p What U/B work out are you doing?

Karen and Christine, Good morning and thanks for the race encouragement. Since it's a walk/run I will probably sign up no matter what. Even if I can't run the entire thing yet, it will be OKAY. I can still get a feel for what the races are like and hopefully that will motivate me even more! I'm gonna wait a bit to sign up though...it's still kind of early and I want to see what other options are out there first.:)

Christine, What great news about your DD! That is FAB! What a proud mom you are! I'm sooo happy for both of you!!!:+ :+ :+

Jess, I get those times where I feel like I could go to sleep for the night right after dinner! LOL It's amazing how one can wear out so quickly, ey? I guess that's our body's way saying "Hey, you've been pushin' me too hard...I need a break! Let me rest!". Listen...or atleast try to. I know when I listen I always feel better for it. Being a mom though, I know that can be hard to manage.:)

Thomasina and Mattea, I posted to both of you in yesterday's thread late last night.:)

ShellyC, You may be the oldest chronologically but I'll bet physically you are in the shape of someone atleast 20 years younger!
Well...unless you are like 30 cause you are not in the shape of a TEN YEAR OLD! LOLOL :7 :7 :7 Thanks re the race. I'm gonna do it but I'm gonna wait to see if one pops up in a better location first.:)

No run on tap for me today. I'm supposed to be doing a circuit work out but I don't know if I want to. I may do a short cardio and a short weight work out separately instead. We'll see. I have the urge to do an IMAX as I haven't done one in ages and keep saying I need to but haven't yet! Who knows what will happen...I can change my mind a million times before I work out! LOL:p

Good morning Cheetah runners

Looks like Cathe started a Cheetah Runners check in also..:)

Marcia...not running yet but I will get out earlier than yesterday, it got a little warm..

Judy...extra rest is good..:)...enjoy your run and upper body

Karen...I did PLB yesterday, such a fun workout...:)...

Jess..great run!! Sorry about the solar cover...:(..enjoy the pool and the nice weather...:)

Shelly..good workouts! Have a great 6 mile run today and then more??...wow...:)

Wendy...I would definitely say Runners World!! I started reading that long ago...:)..you found a race???? Now that is WAY TO COOL!!!!!! Enjoy your circuit today..

Tomasina!! Nice to see you again...:)...sorry about bronchitis type infection, hate when stress does that crap to us..:(..Yes Sadie has been such fun! We have always had big dogs (lab crosses) so having a little dog is quite a new experience for us. They do need all your attention all the time..:)..I am getting excite for the pacing in Western States. Although I will most likely be running my 20 with Pat in the dark! Can't believe the Wine country is just 6 weeks away...:)

Mattea...wow...you got some great stuff for your B-day!! How cool! You have done some awesome workouts girl..:)

Christine....hey, you can do this half! You just had an off week. I am sure you will run again and strongly!! WOW! That is so awesome about your DD! I'd be bragging myself...thaks for sharing ...:)

Barb, thanks for the cheetah hug...:)...sounds like you are recovering well...

Pamela...nice to have you back. The cruise sounds like it was fun and you did some great workouts!! Thanks about Sadie...:)

I am doing P90X Shoulders & Arms, abs and a 6 mile run.

Have a great day...:)

Carole, Yeah...I was on Runnersworld.com last night looking for stuff on jogging strollers }( and found the race finder there so I checked it out. I want to wait out the heat of the summer so I am considering a race (walk/run) in mid September that is about an hour north of me!:) Enjoy your work out today!:)

Runnersworld.com is also a great site...:)...the good thing is MOST of the time the races start fairly early before the heat...I have only ran a few that started later, but not usually in the summer...so, did you find a stroller?}( :+

No, I didn't stay on the stroller topic for more than 2 mins! I got side-tracked by the tons of other stuff on there! LOL...I think I'll sign up for a subscription today!}(

I looked on Ebay briefly the other night for a stroller and the pricing was still CRAZY..if not for the stroller itself then for the shipping! I just have to keep on looking!:)

It is so easy to get sidetracked on that site...If the prices are crazy on Ebay...wow! Whenever I buy online I do always try to find free shipping...I wish you luck looking...:)

edited to add this site: http://www.joggingstroller.com/home.jsp?source=google-jogging_strollers&engine=adwords!346&keyword=jogging+strollers&match_type=&gclid=CLzm29OftIUCFQs9OAodTHG7yg

and http://www.tinyride.com/For-Jogging-C4.aspx?src=GGL&cpn=generic_stroller&kwd=jogging+strollers&s_kwcid=jogging%20strollers|589127005

Thanks for the great sites Carole!:)

I added them to my favorites and will be perusing them soon!;)

Ok I'm back. Ultimately I did run ( ShellyC- I didn't want to disappoint. LOL) I started out with a 2 mile run and then got off the treadmill to do PLB. Then since I had the ball out already I did the abs from PUB.

Carole- I was thinking if I knew you were going to do PLB yesterday I would have let you done my as well. Have fun with your six miles. Oh, it does feel really good to mix a short run with PLB it really seems to loosen the legs. Love the combo. LOL

Jess- It's hard to eat the cost of that. Sorry you have too. The good thing is the dog is fine. That's the upside but still it hurts in the pocket.

ShellyC- Counldn't bring myself to not run today. I just threw in the 2 miles for good measure. We Cheetah's need to run.
karen

Hi Cheetahs,
Sounds like everyone is off to a productive day!

I did P90x shoulders & Arms and Ab ripper and a short 1 mile walk.
Did a lot of stretching yesterday and got some extra sleep.

Here are some race photos of me: too many pics to look at but the two at the bottom left corner ( 49B_4689.JPG & 49B_4690.JPG) of me at the finish line are happy pics.

www.runphotos.com enter racer # 367.

Karen-- hope your DD ear is better today. Sounds like you are doing great! PLB is a hard tape.

Christine-- congrats on the music award. How nice and what a good feeling to share something in common.

Shelly- Granny Cheetah? You are strong Granny! check out this age adjusted pace calculator
http://www.pinebeltpacers.org/AgeGrade/newwava.html

Wendy -- a guy pushing two kids in a jog stroller -- and giving them 2 bathroom breaks along the way, beat me in the half on Sunday! I had a jog stroller when my kids were younger and they talk now about how they wish sometimes they could go back for the rides. It's a great tool and i got back half the money I paid on reselling it...What's going on with your neck? Is it feeling better? Also, I got a Runners World subscription because of a fundraiser at my kid's school and agree, it's worth having. I love it and have learned a lot.

Marcia--power walking is hard -- Good workout yesterday!

Judy -- is your run today with your friends or solo? How are you finding your energy running with E2L? Do you eat any complex carbs or stick to the poundage of veggies?
You must be so thrilled with your weight loss!

Jess-- your new name? Tazmanian Devil... you are fast. great workout!

Carole -- my first day doing Shoulders & Arms. I liked the tape a lot, but will have to experiment with getting my form down and finding the right weight to use. My husband xeroxed the sheets to record stuff -- he is into this! A lot of the exercises in Core Synergistics and Legs & Back tape are ones Matt Fitzgerald lists in his Cross Training book as good for runners.

Mattea-- how are you post bday and post race? What is your next mission for exercise for the next four weeks? I am thinking of bringing some IMax back into my workouts after I recover more from Sunday.

Have a great day everyone! Hi to anyone I missed and everyone who checks in later.

Cheetah's Rock!

:) :) :)
Barb

Barb- Almost missed your post. My dd ear is 100% today. I gave her benedryl around the clock yesterday and today she is good as new. I'm telling you whatever kind of moster spinder it was really did a number on her. If it's not one thing it's another. The life of the mom.
karen

Karen-- glad your DD's ear is better today. Yikes, scary...
I think we were posting at the same time. Good for you getting that 2 miles in and feeling good about it.

Barb

Hi guys! I'm still dealing with some work stuff and don't have a lot of time but really wanted to comment about a couple of things I've read from yesterday's and today's threads:

Shelly, Fastest or toughest? Who cares about that? I just hope that I look 1/2 as fit and healthy as you do when I am 51( 5 more years. Yikes it's going by quickly!) . And even though your recent race times are eluding me at the moment, I think you *are* kinda fast! :)

Christine, I remember reading posts a while back where you mentioned that you have perfect pitch. You must be so happy that your daughter is also gifted in that area! And brag all you want.....I know there is nothing that can make a mom happier than seeing her child succeed at anything (other than juvenile delinquency, of course!)

Wendy, Oooooh, now your getting me excited! I just *know* you're going to run a race and you are going to have the time of your life and become hooked like so many of us here. And Runner's World is a fantastic magazine that I am sure you will get alot out of. It caters to all levels. Look in the classifieds for that jogging stroller. I see them in there frequently. Or maybe garage sales....

Thomasina, Glad to see you're still out there....Can't wait to meet you (Christine and Amy too) in SIX MORE WEEKS!!!

I love you all but that's all the time I have right now so just take my word for it if I didn't address you personally this time!! (I'm sure you're worried!LOL!)

:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.