RT Sun May 27

LauraR

Cathlete
Hey.

Being 8-10 hours ahead of you all helps me be first to check-in! :)

Today is a lazy Sunday afternoon, and I'm not planning to workout. I'm not too sore after yesterday's SJP with my increased leg weights. I'm so pleased.

We had another big rain storm today. I think the rainy season has official decided to re-start. Our weather is generally so pleasant, but if the rain stops, it gets hot. When it is the rainy season, it generally rains every afternoon for and hour or two. Before and after the rain, it is bright and sunny. It is gorgeous. Back in the 80s, Toto had a song with a line that said, "I miss the rains down in Africa." When/If I ever leave, that will be true for me. The rains here are simply beautiful. Most of our houses have open windows with just screens, and so you can really hear it pattering down. Then as soon as it quits, you hear all the birds. It's gorgeous!!

I'm thinking of joining valleygirl's clean eating challenge. This RT check-in has been my first check-in ever. And I really feel my goal in this check-in is more to get to know you wonderful gals before I meet you face-to-face than truly in holding me accountable. I love to work out and will do that--check-in or no. But the food. . . . well, furlough is coming up, and it's so hard to not gain weight with so many yummy foods that I just can't get here. I'd like to make sure that I'm ahead of the game before I go home. So maybe that'll help me jump start.

Have a good day!

Laura
:)

Hi ladies!

I finished Cardio Fusion " Mix and Max" premix 80 min. I am done with my May rotation and I keept the best for last!

Tomorrow morning I fly to Germany for 2 weeks! I am not sure how much I check in!

Take care! Can't wait to meet you!
Belinda

Hi ladies! I had planned some leg work today, but unfortunately I have managed to aggravate my bad knee (right one). I have no idea what I did to mess it up, but it aches and hurts to bend the knee. I'm going to probably focus on upper body this week and give it a break. It did hurt a little the other night doing Lowmax, but that is normal. The way it feels now isn't. I'm going up and down stairs like I'm 70. :(

Aside from the knee pain, I have had a very good weekend so far. My nephew graduated yesterday and we spent the evening having a graduation party/cook out for him. Today has been spend tidying up the house and taking care of Harvey (the orphaned bunny). He is still doing pretty good. Ate like a pig this morning, but hasn't eaten much since then. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a good evening and Memorial Day tomorrow!

Hi Ladies:)
Today is my rest day and I finished Fitnessfreaks may rotation. I ended up doing boot camp yesterday so much fun!
Off to pick up my parents from the airport they're coming back from a Alaskin Cruise:)
BBL
Randi

I everyone...I know I have not checked in in over a week but there is a reason...

I have made the very difficult decision to file for divorce from my husband. We have been married for 2 years and it has been very hard for the past 18 months. I am no longer lving in my house and am currently living with my parents. I have retained an attorney and intend to have the divorce finalized by the end of the summer and by the beginning of my new school semester in the fall.

I moved out about 1 1/2 weeks ago, and I basically left evrything in my house. I am moving to my good friend's summer home tomorrow and will be able to bring my step and weights and everything with me. I haven't worked out sincce this whole thing happened and my eating has been UNCLEAN!!!

I am still (obviously) going on the roadtrip and I am a strong woman and have no doubt that I will be fine. Just wanted to do a quick check in w/ my ladies!

Josie

Josie,

I'm so sorry for this difficult situation and for your struggles! I'm glad you have a good friend with a summer home you can use!

I will keep you in prayer. Please let us gals on the forum know how we can be an encouragement to you.

Laura

Hi everyone...

I missed yesterday's check in. I took a rest day yesterday and went to a really fun barbeque for my friends' college graduation. Tonight we are having a barbeque for Memorial day with a bunch of friends.

Belinda: I wish you a safe trip. We'll miss you but look forward to hearing about how it went. Hopefully you will be able to fit in the workouts like you planned.

Laura: It sounds so beautiful in Africa the way you described the rain. Good luck with the clean eating challenge.

Liann: I can't stand when I tweak something and it holds me back, so my sympathy goes out to you. I hope your knee feels better real soon! UGH!

Randi: My parents have been on an Alaskin cruise and absolutely loved it! Hope they had fun!

Josie: I am so sorry about your situation. Hopefully this decision will be the best in the long run and all the pain right now will be worth it. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Okay, off to get the house ready for company. The pool isn't ready as we just opened it up yesterday and it needs to be shocked and filled, but oh well, we'll still have fun.

Have a good day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.