Rotation help PLEASE :-)! Fitnessfreak, if you're not too busy..

millalyte86

Cathlete
Hi everyone (including Debbie)! So I'm getting married next year. The wedding is next October (2011). I have about 15-20 lbs I'd like to lose by then AND KEEP OFF. I'm 5'7 with a large frame and a decent amount of muscle. I weigh 174 lbs. and would like to get down to 155-160 lbs.

I do runs here and there. Right now I'm training for a 10 miler at the end of August which I'll prob do next year (2011) before the wedding too. My question is this: Does anyone have any suggestions for me about how to lose this 15-20? But mainly I just want to get cut before my wedding. I was thinkin maybe a P90X style rotation 3 months before the wedding? I have alot of muscle mass to my body so I don't think building more muscle is really the issue. I think more then anything I just wanna look more defined and cut. Suggestions?? Thanks!!

Lauren

Hi Lauren! Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

I think P90X would be a good way to lose 15-20 and get cut in the process. I also think using the STS system would work as well. Do you own either?

How's your eating? That is mostly the key in losing weight and inches and I know that is the area we all seem to have trouble with. Do you eat clean?

Anyways, I did P90X and loved it for the first 3 weeks. Then the workouts got mundane and I lost interest. STS kept me going for the entire 12 weeks and I never got bored with it. Both are excellent series, though. If you can deal with the same workouts with P90X, I say go for it. If you invested in STS, I say do that one.

I'm a lot of help, huh? :)

Recommendation

Hi, I'd like to add that there is a great app for Iphone or if you don't have iphone you can access it online and it's free, and called My Fitness Pal and you can find it at www.myfitnesspal.com

I recently recommended this to all my clients to input their food for the day and their exercise and activity and it is a great way to calculate how many calories you need and how many you are lacking. It factors in your age, weight, height, activity and then asks you whether you want to lose 1 pound a week or 2 pounds a week, or whether you are looking to maintain or gain, and then after you input all that, it tells you how many calories you need to be consuming based on all that....it's amazing! It's got over 250,000 foods including BRand names for you to enter and it knows the fat, carbs, and protein and sodium and cholesterol and nutrient ratios of each of them (most of the time) and it records all that for you! Quick and easy to use! It's a great way to know if you are getting the right amount of fats, carbs, and protein too! It tells you that! When you input your exercise and activity, it knows how many calories you burned and adds calories to your daily intake to make sure you are eating enough!
It's the most accurate and most efficient calorie counter and tracker I've ever seen and it's helped several of my clients lose 5-10 pounds already!!! I myself have even started leaning out more too and have lost 2 pounds! I highly recommend it for what you are looking for!

I would also recommend trying Insanity too! I'm currently doing that and seeing great results!! Good luck girlie!

Hi Lauren! Congrats on your upcoming marriage!

I think P90X would be a good way to lose 15-20 and get cut in the process. I also think using the STS system would work as well. Do you own either?

How's your eating? That is mostly the key in losing weight and inches and I know that is the area we all seem to have trouble with. Do you eat clean?

Anyways, I did P90X and loved it for the first 3 weeks. Then the workouts got mundane and I lost interest. STS kept me going for the entire 12 weeks and I never got bored with it. Both are excellent series, though. If you can deal with the same workouts with P90X, I say go for it. If you invested in STS, I say do that one.

I'm a lot of help, huh? :)

You ARE a lot of help! I do eat eat clean (with about 1 cheat meal a week... pizza lol I CAN'T HELP IT! :p). Unfortunantly, I don't own P90X or STS and don't really have the extra money to put out for them right now (gotta pay for a wedding lol). I do have TONS of other Cathe workouts though, including the Gym Style Series. Do you know of a good rotation using other Cathe workouts? Thanks!

Hi, I'd like to add that there is a great app for Iphone or if you don't have iphone you can access it online and it's free, and called My Fitness Pal and you can find it at www.myfitnesspal.com

I recently recommended this to all my clients to input their food for the day and their exercise and activity and it is a great way to calculate how many calories you need and how many you are lacking. It factors in your age, weight, height, activity and then asks you whether you want to lose 1 pound a week or 2 pounds a week, or whether you are looking to maintain or gain, and then after you input all that, it tells you how many calories you need to be consuming based on all that....it's amazing! It's got over 250,000 foods including BRand names for you to enter and it knows the fat, carbs, and protein and sodium and cholesterol and nutrient ratios of each of them (most of the time) and it records all that for you! Quick and easy to use! It's a great way to know if you are getting the right amount of fats, carbs, and protein too! It tells you that! When you input your exercise and activity, it knows how many calories you burned and adds calories to your daily intake to make sure you are eating enough!
It's the most accurate and most efficient calorie counter and tracker I've ever seen and it's helped several of my clients lose 5-10 pounds already!!! I myself have even started leaning out more too and have lost 2 pounds! I highly recommend it for what you are looking for!

I would also recommend trying Insanity too! I'm currently doing that and seeing great results!! Good luck girlie!

Thanks, Jodelle! I don't have an iphone :-(. But I do try to keep track of my calories through out the day and keep it as clean as possible. I'm very busy (work 2 jobs and take a course at my county college 2 nights a week) so always having clean food around is sometimes an issue lol. But I do try.

Hi Lauren:

First off, congrats on your upcoming marriage!

If you have the GS's, check out Cathe's April 09 rotation. I did that rotation twice in a 6 month span and lost 7 lbs which any change in diet. And I don't eat clean :)

Hi Lauren:

First off, congrats on your upcoming marriage!

If you have the GS's, check out Cathe's April 09 rotation. I did that rotation twice in a 6 month span and lost 7 lbs which any change in diet. And I don't eat clean :)

Thanks a lot!! I'll check it out.

I'm in the middle of training for a 10 mile run so right now my rotation is like this..

Sun- Short run, power yoga, and abs
Mon- Long run
Tues- GS BSB
Wed- Short run, a L&G or B&G premix (approx 45 min long premix), and abs
Thurs- GS C&T
Fri- OFF/ abs
Sat- Speed training run

What do you guys think of this rotation? My problem is my body gets used to rotations really quick so I often see results after 2 weeks then stop seeing them. Any suggestions?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.