Rotation for a flatter stomach

I'd love a rotation for a flatter stomach as well! I have nicely shaped abs, but could use some work for the lower part of my abs. Love ab work!
Debbie in OH

Hello Wendy,

I'm not Cathe, but I had a C-section almost a year ago and like most people who had undergone the surgery I had a 'fat pouch' on the lower part of my abs. The first step I did was burn off the extra fat with cardio and clean eating. But I discovered that my abs were in very bad shape. I figured the reason was that my ab muscles were so weak, it couldn't really 'support' the flesh around the ab area, resulting in a flabby look (does that make sense?). That's when I started incorporating ab exercises.

Basically I did at least two ab sessions per week, allowing a day of rest in between. I have good definition in my abs. While I still have some fat to lose around my tummy, strong ab muscles made it look so much flatter. I think all of Cathe's abs workouts are great. Doesn't matter which ones you use. If you do it with good form and diligently 2-3 times per week, you will get results. Good luck :) !

The only workout that got rid of my "Pouch" was Core Foundations from Tracie Long Productions. It can be found over at the http://www.justv.net/index.php store which is www.tracielong.net
All of their workouts focus on the core. My core has become so strong from rotating a few of her videos that now when I do Cathe I no longer have discomfort in my lower back from holding a 40# barbell on my back while doing squats and what not.
I hope this helps.

~Reece Out~

Cathe can answer with a specific rotation but what works for me is constantly shocking the abs by changing the exercises. Hanging leg raises, reverse crunches, and reverse crunches on an incline board work the so-called lower abs the best.
Eating cleaner combined with intense cardio will shed the fat that lies over top of the muscle and allow the muscle to show through.
Just as a side note, ab muscles are one long continuous muscle and are not separate lower and upper muscles.
T. :)

It look as if there is quite a few of us who would like a rotation for a flatter stomach. Can anyone come up with a good one?:) :)

Hi Jawerd & Everyone! You can basically take any of Cathe's ab exercises but instead of doing Cathe's reps do 25 reps per exercise. That'll really blast those abs; do this 3x a week & a minimum of 15 min. Good luck! Kathy:D

What works best for me is to do Cathe cardio (step or kickboxing, well, I'm sure the hi/lo would be good too, but it's not my favorite) every other day (60 min.) then on the alternating days, include amongst the various strength-training methods ab work that is either from the Stability Ball or Pilates-inspired (which Cathe has done a lot of since the Intensities). Also, diet is key -- keeping out the refined foods and not eating pizza and cookies every week :9 makes a big difference too.

Just an interesting note though (and stop reading if you have a weak stomach :eek: ) -- I've always thought my lower ab had more fat than the rest of my body regardless of what shape I was in (even if it is pretty flat) -- and right now (still getting back in shape after my 6th baby), I'm five pounds within my goal (takes SO much longer as I approach 40), but back to the point -- I just had pelvic floor repair surgery 6 weeks ago (done vaginally, but with 2 small incisions just below my lower abdominal muscle to secure a urethral sling with permanent sutures atop my abdominal wall). Anyway, a few weeks ago, I got an infection beneath one of the incisions and after antibiotics didn't work fast enough and I was swelling to quadruple my normal size, they cut open the incision to let it drain. It's been draining with a gauze packing inside, which my dh changes every day as it continues to heal. I've been too afraid to look at it when it's open so far, but last night I decided to brave it and was curious how much fat I had beneath my skin layer and there was hardly anything there! I was so impressed. I've heard that the pooch (when still there after losing weight) has a lot to do with holding in the muscle and this convinced me even more.

Hi Renee and everyone

Wow six children. You are definetly an inspiration. What am I talking about I only had two kids and you have had six. I'm working out twice as hard now. I appreciate all the advice you have given me. Thanks to all of you who gave me advice. I am going to take it all in and I definetly think I'll have those nice strong abs soon! I would love to check in with you all who are working on this area as well and share each other's progress!

Wendy

i'm really disappointed we haven't heard from cathe :(

i know a lot of other's have posted their opinions here.. many the same things i read else on the net.. but i was really REALLY hoping for an answer/rotation from cathe!

I think in the Sept rotation she gave a few ab marathons...maybe that was her way of an answer? Maybe with rehersals she has not had time to answer any posts?

Hey there: like you I have two kids (1 C Section 1 au naturale). What I found worked for me was the Boot Camp ab work outs - doing them every day. I alternate Cathe with running and yoga. These 8 exercises hit every area of the abs. Adding the weighted ball to the ab routine, I saw results in no time. If you want to really kick it up, try doing Cathe 1 -3 ab workouts from her DVDs - for example Boot Camp, Muscle Endurance and Power Hour. Yes diet is important but you know that.

One final note: ease up on yourself girl! Two kids and you're at 113 and 5'5"? You are amazing by any standard! Focus on that instead of that impossible standard we try to meet. And by the way all those Hollywood moms have lipo!!:)

Thank you, Pressju!

You are so right, the impossible standard is probably our biggest enemy.

Count me in for a bump, but I'm also going to check her Sept rotation.

Hi everyone, I'm new, my name is Jen. Best to you all!:)

>Focus on
>that instead of that impossible standard we try to meet. And
>by the way all those Hollywood moms have lipo!!:)

So true that the "standards" are fictitious too! I was watching that Pro-Active infomercial yesterday (well, it was on while I was doing other things :)) and Jessica Simpson was saying that her face was so broken out for awhile that in some music video that she shot, they digitally enhanced her whole chin area to make it look clear instead of all bumpy. She also talked about all of the air brushing done in magazines, but to know that they can even perfect a body on film is just crazy. No wonder we're all messed up with body image!!!

That's one thing I love about Cathe and her crew. They look fabulous, but also real.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.