Rotation/challenge buddies?

callie44

Cathlete
Hi!

Callie from VT here, who just happens to want to increase some intensity. Since a new month is almost here, it's almost time for the Sept. rotation. Would any of you like to join me in tackling this rotation--or one of our own creation--starting Sept. 1st? My goals: Even greater muscular definition and a (smidge) of fat loss. Videos I'd like to incorporate: PUB and PLB, plus the others from the Intensity Series, as well as my new favs, the PS Series. My workout time: Mostly mornings (I'm a teacher), but will try to fit in weight-training sessions in the afternoons.

Let me know if you'd like to join me!:D

--Callie

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started."

Count me in! I am currently doing the August rotation and it seems like I'm the only one (along with Lorihart) doing this. I'd be fun, not to mention motivational, to have a check in during September. Can't wait to see what the September rotation is! If it's not something that sounds good (although how could it not), I might go back and do the June rotation to help with muscle definition.

Let me know where and when:7
Sabine

Awesome, Sabine!

One more question: have you ordered the Body Blast vids? I pre-ordered DVDs, but maybe they'll arrive before the Sept. rotation is over... (A girl can dream!)

--Callie:D

So far I have held off buying the new series because a) I wanted to get a sense of the workouts and if they would be something that I would be interested in (really high impact is murder on my knees) and b) I am thinking of switching to DVD and am thinking that a new multi disk DVD player would make a fabulous Christmas gift suggestion. Given what I have heard about the taping, editing, etc., I doubt the DVD's will be available in September (maybe late September is a possibility). In the meantime I make do with the Slow and Heavy Series, the Pure Strength series, the CTX series, and ME and C&W from the Intensity series as well as Firms, Christi Taylor, Jay Blahnik and others.

But let me tell you, all this excitement is making the possibility of waiting mighty hard:D

Sabine

Sabine--

Good to hear from you. Will let you know how the new series is once it arrives! Until then, the rest of the Cathe videos will certainly keep me busy. I do have a couple of FIRM tapes (Cross-Train Cardio & Strength), but I'm not a real fan. Christi Taylor's tapes are great, though! How do you find Jay Blahnik's tapes? Mindy Mylrea and Janis Saffell offer fun workouts, also...

One more question: do you like pilates and/or yoga?

Take care and enjoy your workouts!

--Callie:)

Hi Callie,

I adore Christi Taylor and her workouts. I am excited about her two newest releases and am hoping to purchase those in the near future (might not be able to wait until I get a DVD player:eek: ). I really enjoy Jay and his style. I don't find them as intense as Cathe (but who is?) but enjoy the choreography and his cueing. Haven't yet tried and Janis Saffell or Mindy Mylrea although Mindy just came out with an intervals tape that looks good.

I do like pilates and yoga quite a bit and, for a while, was doing either of these 2-3 times/week. For pilates I have some of Karen Voight's tapes and a Moira Stott tape. For yoga I have Ali MacGraw's yoga video (my absolute favorite), some by Yoga Zone, and one by Kathy Smith. While I loved the core workout I got from both and the stretching/relaxation, I found other parts of my body were losing definition so I started doing more strength videos. I need to somehow create a balance between the two or make my own rotation incorporating the two styles (or maybe Cathe will start doing yoga/pilates workouts and will create rotations for us).

What Cathe videos do you have?
Sabine

Sabine--

I too look forward to purchasing Christi's new videos; however, I just splurged by buying the final videos to complete my Cathe set. Now, only to wait until the end of Sept./Oct. for the new ones. :D

As for yoga, I must admit I don't have any of those tapes (but glad to know the Ali McGraw one is cool); Bryan Kest is the man! I do have the Stott Advanced Matwork (and one other title I can't remember at the moment) and also...I must confess...the Winsor Pilates set. It's actually fun to do (the 20-minute one is nice to sneak in in the afternoon or evening to chill out after a long day).

Well, I'm afraid I've got to run; I've procrastinated so much today...what with school starting back up on Friday. Those last few moments of freedom feel deliciously wonderful. (It is exciting to be going back to work, though...:D )

Take care!

--Callie

Sabine..I am also doing the August rotation. I really like doing the rotations. I wondered what you were doing for strength tomorrow. I don't have the Slow and Heavy series (the only tape or DVD I don't have) I am thinking about doing PS instead. Just wanted to know what you were doing? Karen

Hi Karen,

I will be doing S&H Legs and Shoulders tomorrow. I think substituting PS Legs and PS Shoulders would be awesome as well. Since the PS shoulder segment is only 10 minutes long, you might add another shoulder segment from another video to increase the amount of time for that body part. On S&H I'm supposed to do 31 minutes of shoulders (Yikes:eek: ). If you like, I'll let you know how S&H went. This will be my first time doing these workouts since I got them. I'm kind of scared.

Hope that you're enjoying the August rotation as much as I am. Can't wait to see what Cathe has in store for September.

Sabine

Hi, all!

It's been quite a long time since I've posted anything; sorry to leave my rotation buddies in the lurch.

You see, last year, I was experiencing some health issues due to overtraining. After finally identifying what was up with me, I had to relax my workouts, considerably.

Now, I'm back and feeling better than ever: in fact, I finished the July rotation on Tuesday and on Saturday, I'll begin the August rotation! I'd love to hear from you who've already begun or would like to begin this rotation soon. It's good be back with Cathe and with you all.

Take care and hope to hear from you soon!

--Callie :D

I am doing the August rotation!
I hate working legs so this one is kicking my butt (literally :))
Good luck! I am hoping to make it to the end (or is that "in the end? - haha!)
Lynne

Lynne--

Thanks for letting me know what's in store for this rotation! Mellow-ish cardio tomorrow and then...

Looking forward to sharing the experience with someone else.

LOL
--Callie

I just started the rotation yesterday. Today is Imax. I was wondering if anyone was doing a check in on this one. I could use the motivation. I hope you don't mind another person checking in.

Linda

Linda--

Join us! Actually, I'll be joining you, starting tomorrow. :D

Take care and have fun with IMAX.

--Callie

Hey, everyone!

I've headed over the check-in in the Open Forum section, so hope to "hear" from you there. Loved the start of this rotation and am looking forward to IMAX tomorrow. How's everyone feeling after the first week? Hope you're doing great!

Take care and have a fabulous weekend.

--Callie

I am going to try to join you in Sept. I have never done a rotation before and after I read the August one, I got interested. Hmmm...I thought that one tape a day was enough, but with the Cathe crew the bar is raised!
Melissa

Melissa--

Join us in the Open Discussion Forum; we check in there (I was in the wrong place before)! :)

Hope you join us: it's a lot of fun!

--Callie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.