Rope questions

amybajamy

Cathlete
Okay, ropes look fun and challenging to me. How do you use them at home? How do you hook them up and how much room do you need?

Thanks!

Hi
I use a 25 and a 35 LB. Kb to anchor a 45 foot 1.5 inch rope. But that's because I had those kb already. It would be more practical to anchor them with the eye hook that they showed in minute of strength/website.

Hi
I use a 25 and a 35 LB. Kb to anchor a 45 foot 1.5 inch rope. But that's because I had those kb already. It would be more practical to anchor them with the eye hook that they showed in minute of strength/website.

Thanks for the info! Since I posted this I saw on the Biggest Loser that it looked like they just had the rope wrapped around a post in the ground, so not attached to anything. I like the kettlebell idea except I don't have any that are that heavy. Where do you use your rope? I'm thinking I'll probably have to go out in the backyard to have more space. So is it a 45 ft rope doubled in 1/2 so you're holding 2 approximately 22 foot ropes?

Thanks again!

Re:Ropes

Thanks for the info! Since I posted this I saw on the Biggest Loser that it looked like they just had the rope wrapped around a post in the ground, so not attached to anything. I like the kettlebell idea except I don't have any that are that heavy. Where do you use your rope? I'm thinking I'll probably have to go out in the backyard to have more space. So is it a 45 ft rope doubled in 1/2 so you're holding 2 approximately 22 foot ropes?

Thanks again!

Hello,

I use it in my basement. It's a small townhouse so the rope extends from my laundry area and down the short hallway to the exercise area. Works surprisingly well.

Yes, the length is basically half. And in the Summer it would probably be anchored to one of those jungle gyms kids have on the playground. It's easy enough to toss in the back of the car and bring to the park when I jog...so I'm quite pleased with it.

I know, most people would think it's rope! But once you try it and see what an efficient workout it is, you would want one. Awhile ago while having lunch my nephew suddenly blurted out that he was considering a 100 foot v. 50 and i laughed at him because he was obviously still thinking about rope specs.

I know it drove me crazy when I was trying to shop around for one. Now that I think about it, The black non-fray nylon would be the most practical but for outdoor...the Manila would be the one.

Hope that helps!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.