rock'em sock'em ROCKS

firemedic

Cathlete
Just finished this one. Did the whole routine plus blizzard blast. Don't know what premix since I use On Demand. Love it!!!! It's very easy to make hard or easier. If you have Cathe live, you will know most of the moves. It's also set up like her live format. She does an active warm up then goes into an "easier" leg/cardio drill. She alternates between cardio and leg mixed with punching combos. I love this format because your legs get a slight break while doing the combos. The blizzard blast was fun. The first blast is about half the time of the whole blast (about 8+ mins) without any break. My legs and calves were burning after this part. Then the rest of the blasts follow with slight breaks between. All the moves are pretty familiar, very easy to learn even if you've never done them before. The pace was great and it have me time to grab a quick drink or wipe some sweat off without really missing much. Cannot wait to try more. Hope this review helps.

Thanks firemedic-very helpful! When I did a quick preview I liked that it seemed similar to some of the Live ones-will try this one soon-sounds like a goody!

Love this DVD!!! I may regret this tomorrow, but I did the main workout, the blizzard blast, the meltdown triceps, and the abs! My first reaction was love at first sweat, followed quickly by, "wait a minute, I thought these were supposed to be intermediate!" Cathe does not disappoint!

Murfmom, I thought the same thing.... "Intermediate"?! I was wearing my little 1 lb hand weights and kept having to take them off, sometimes the speed of the punches did me in. Yes, I hit myself in the face a few times o_O. I added the blizzard blast and abs! WHEW!! Loved it. I was sweating, breathing and burned a satisfactory amount of calories!!

Murfmom, I thought the same thing.... "Intermediate"?! I was wearing my little 1 lb hand weights and kept having to take them off, sometimes the speed of the punches did me in. Yes, I hit myself in the face a few times o_O. I added the blizzard blast and abs! WHEW!! Loved it. I was sweating, breathing and burned a satisfactory amount of calories!!
I don't think this is one that I will wear my heavy gloves with. I might use my 1 lb wrist weights, but not the big gloves. I found that the moves are too fast for them.

Love this DVD!!! I may regret this tomorrow, but I did the main workout, the blizzard blast, the meltdown triceps, and the abs! My first reaction was love at first sweat, followed quickly by, "wait a minute, I thought these were supposed to be intermediate!" Cathe does not disappoint!
The nice thing about Kickbox workouts is it is an exercise format that most exercise levels can enjoy doing the same workout. In other words there really isn't much of a difference between an intermediate kickbox workout and an advanced kickbox workout. The only major difference is the advanced exerciser will have better form,speed and range of movement making the workout harder. One of the reasons kickbox workouts are so popular in Gyms is that most fitness levels can do the same workout. Kickbox workouts are also easy to modify.

I just finished this one too...just the workout and core because of time limitations...and it was fantastic! I did Afterburn yesterday plus a 5k on the treadmill, so was looking for something fun but not too intense (my legs were tight and a bit sore), and as usual, got a better workout than I bargained for! How can you not try your best while watching Cathe and the crew with their gorgeous form and intensity? They are so inspiring!! And the music was very motivating as well. Loved it!

I thought the same thing!! I did the main workout and blizzard blast and I was drenched by the end. I also used 1# weights, and my arms could definitely feel it. Some of my favorite Cathe Live videos are her boxing/kickboxing, and this is even better! I agree that this is a great workout for all fitness levels; if you're feeling fresh, you can amp it up with higher intensity moves or keep it low impact if you're feeling a bit tired. Simply awesome!!

I did Rock'm Sock'm workout today. I usually don't like a lot of Kickboxing dvds because they place a lot high intensity drills in the routine, which my body cannot do and many times makes my body feel worse after, HOWEVER, this dvd is different!!! I LOVE how Cathe distributes the segments! She puts conditioning kicks/drill segment in and after that, she puts in a punching Combo, alternating using lower and upper body movements throughout the whole workout, so you arms aren't fried before the kick/drill combo begins! Another thing I LOVE about this workout, is the longest segment is just over 5 minutes (5:17) long. That's long enough to hold my attention, and wear out my muscles without putting me into a boxing trance. I especially liked the "forward back attack blast". It was a little confusing at first, but I caught on it was SSSOOO much fun!! My arms are very fatigued from doing this workout today. Yesterday I did Low Impact Sweat and my butt is very sore (difficult to sit down sometimes) and I look forward to doing Metabolic Total Body on Thursday!

This was a great production, from sound to music and choreography.
Loved the music.
I did the workout, MM and IC and that was a completely respectable challenge for me.
Ummm, hello, on the tricep weights!!! I have a lot to work towards!
Thanks Cathe and Co.

I did the whole thing today - wow - this is tough! I loved every single second of every segment. The main workout is killer but so much fun! Tougher than I thought it would be. There were enough blasts in the main workout that by the time I got to the Blizzard Blast I had to rest a few seconds here & there, but again, so much fun!!! I was just about spent when I went into the MM tri's-this was super tough too! I had to go down to 8s for some - I even used 5s for the kickbacks. What a great selection of exercises for these giant sets! 2nd time doing Core 1-still LOVE it!!! Super tough also! Holy Moly-eat your wheaties for this DVD!

I just finished premix 5 - main program, blizzard blast and icy core - 73 minutes of fun! Because the kick box program is not over-the-top difficult I still had energy for the add-ons, and in the end got a great well-rounded workout. I wore my 1 lb. weighted gloves for the main program and that worked as a good option for increasing intensity but I did have to slow down the speed with some punches (there are LOTS of jabs in this program!). I really like that each segment is labelled and, as Firmbeliever said, the frequency of changes in segments - there is never a dull moment. I also REALLY liked the new combos. I have all of Cathe's kickboxing DVDs and this has my favorite combos. It is NOT just more of the same from other programs. The core workout is awesome! Very challenging with lots of new moves. Mostly a lower ab focus which is nice. And I appreciated that some of them are weighted. Thank you Cathe!
If you are a beginner to intermediate exerciser, I would say you may need to modify more than Amanda does. Amanda only modifies 2 moves (air jacks and snow angels). She does not modify other intense moves (e.g. jump kicks). But Cathe does give some modification advice verbally. Intermediates may need to follow that advice!

I also love this workout especially combined with the blizzard blast! It was a lot of fun and challenging, easy to adjust up and down. I liked the one continuous routine without breaking up into sections and of course the cuing is always perfect, so you can just keep going and going!

I have Rock'm Sock'm planned for tomorrow morning, so I'm really looking forward to it! I definitely want to try the blizzard blast as well.

Today was my first time at Rock'em Sock'em also added tricep mmd and abs. This workout did not just challenge my body, it also challenged my mind. Adding on to the combos I really had to concentrate but I enjoyed this workout. I have tried them all now. Love the workouts and the music.

Just got my replacement DVD and was able to do this without. I added it after a weight routine. Only did main workout but with my weighted gloves..it was the perfect intensity. Enjoyed the new combos. Can't wait to try the other challenges and premixes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.