Road Trippers...What are you embarrassed about?

Goodness, you all have hardly anything to be embrassed about.

I'm worried about "leakage" when I do too much high impact. At least at home I can run and take care off it. I know I can use the bathroom at the gym, but you'll all know why.....especially if I need to go more than once.

BTW, I want a semi front location mostly because I'm short. I also need to be on the right side of the room (always on the instructors right)....the left side feels weird and throws me off.

Namita

This is a great thread because I am so concerned about:

A. Running to the bathroom during the workout;

B. My hearing is poor (I wear aids) so I might not hear the cueing very well. Also, in a large group I have a hard time hearing other's talk.

But, I am so excited to meet everyone!

Joanne

Ok, to start I turn beat red. There are still a lot of moves that I cannot do yet. I have a real cordination problem and have a real hard time with the step vids. I am all over the place or standing there asking Cathe "How the hell do you do that?", like she is going to answer me!? There are tons more things I could list but I would need a whole thread to myself to post them all. I might be standing there looking puzzled a lot. LOL!

I can't wait to meet you all though!:)

I'm embarrassed by the same things - beet red face, drenched in sweat, face left when everyone else is facing right, etc. I'm also afraid I'm going to slip on the step, and then not be able to stop laughing....no one's bringing a camera to class are they?!?!? :eek:

Angie

For those of you embarassed about red faces and sweat, hello! that is what happens when you exercise:+ Maybe in this splend-i-ferous new gym, there are oxygen masks that fall from the ceiling like in planes:+ i'm gonna need one!:7 i used to take step classes at a gym and i loved it, but i promise there is always someone facing the wrong direction, and no one cares b/c everyone is too busy trying to keep up and breathe!;-)

jes

I just wanted to say this thread quelled a lot of my fears. It's so funny to realize we all have our small insecurities but the fact that no one is letting them stop them from going is awesome. I'll tell you all a secret. I looked at some of the Picture Trail accounts on the boards and almost withdrew going on the trip because I in no way shape or form even look remotely close to that. But some of the same people with those pictures posted on this thread and it made me realize, no one is perfect. (Even if they look perfect in my mind, they may not seem that way in theirs.) You ladies are inspirational in more ways than you know. Now I really can't wait to go!:D :D

By the way, to know who I am, I'll post my Picture Trail account. This is the real me. This is the only thread that gets to see it. (Like that's a treat or something, boy I'm killing me!) ( Sarcastically, rolling eyes, here.)

http://www.picturetrail.com/christi23

Whoa, Christie! You are gorgeous! I didn't realize you had lost so much weight! You look FANTASTIC!!! Wow, very inspiring.....I can't wait to meet you and give you a congratulations high five!!!

Angie

Hmmmm what am I embarrassed about?

1. passing wind - DebbieH watch out
2. not embarrassed about not doing push-ups on toes
3. sometimes I'm embarrassed for other who can't do something, and I know they're trying their absolute best
4. my physique - people think I can do it all --- NOT. I will MODIFY biceps BIG TIME if I have to. Come to think of it, I will modify anything if need be

DebbieH has been so supportive that I don't think I will be embarrassed by anything......oh yes I will, "when it comes to contests/competing"x( x( x( x(

But this is all in fun so let's have fun.

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

You are beautiful and so is your family! you make a very attractive couple! I am so glad you are going to come on th roadtrip! COngrats on your weight loss! it is a difficult journey. :7

jes

Christie, you look fantastic, and you and your hubby make a gorgeous couple. I can't wait to meet you.

Haydee - remind me not to work out behind you;)

Christie - you look awesome! I think a lot of us will be self-conscious about some aspect of our bodies/coordination (or lack thereof)/stinkiness/sweatiness/etc. But the most important thing is that we are all going to have fun and meet each other and to see Cathe! I, for one, can't wait to meet you!

Lunacat

Haydee: i am so excited that you are joining us! i thought i had read somewhere that you weren't going to make it! Whoo-Hoo! :7 i am not a competition-participating sort, but i will be all over the place with my camera, so be prepared!

jes:)

>Haydee: i am so excited that you are joining us! i thought i
>had read somewhere that you weren't going to make it!
>Whoo-Hoo! :7 i am not a competition-participating sort, but i
>will be all over the place with my camera, so be prepared!
>
>
>jes:)

DebbieH helped me to make the decision of going. So I cannot wait to see Ms. Texas}( and everyone else.

camerasx( good gosh.

Haydee

Finally we get to see Ms. Christie23. I must say you're a very pretty woman. Beautiful family.

You are absolutely correct when you speak of everyone's imperfection and we all are our worst critic. But you know what, just for you I am going to wear a pair of shorts during one or all of the w/o's to show that I too am far from perfection:) :).

Haydee

My list of embarassments:

1. I sweat A LOT! Not just regular sweating but I'll be pouring with sweat!! I usually braid my long hair in one long braid but sometimes when I'm on the treadmill, I swear the treadmills around me free up because my braid is like a sprinkler spraying everyone around me.:eek: WATCH OUT!

2. Nadine, I will definitely be following you into the bathroom before each workout and hopefully only before....

3. I need to buy a shirt long enough to cover my jiggling belly. I swear if it comes out it could knock someone out across the room!:p Y'all think I'm kidding!!!

Christie, You are truly a beautiful woman! You should be EXTREMEMLY proud of the distance you've come so far! 50 lbs is nothing to sneeze at. I loved what you said in your post, about looking perfect to others but not to yourself. That is so true, I'm sure even Cathe could tell us a few things she's embarrassed about. :)

I'm so glad you are still coming, you seem like a really fun lady and I really look forward to meeting you!

BTW just because someone weighs less than you doesn't mean they are more fit or have better muscle tone. I was really in awe when you said you can do "only 4" on-toe push ups! I'm embarassed to say I can't even do one. :( I've got stamina, but my strength sucks! x( So no more of this whining "I can only do 4" stuff! :) Be proud lady!

Nadine

~~Happiness is an Attitude~~

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=3517754&

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.