Road to Recovery Check In

Catgirl,

I received an email update of your most recent post, but I don't see it here. That's very weird. To my knowledge, no one at Cathe.com actively moderates any of the forums (meaning, approves each post).

Did you receive your new yoga dvds, and if so, who is the instructor(s)?

I recently received Shiva Rea's new yoga dvd, filmed in Greece. I haven't tried any part of it yet, but I love her yoga. Today at work we did the 43min, veeery relaxing, routine off of Eoin Finn's new dvd: Earth.Body.Yoga.

This week I had really good energy, so I used it, but didn't over do it. I did Hardstrikes (without the conditioning segment) on Tuesday, took Wednesday as a rest day (no time for a workout at noon, and no motivation to do one at home in the evening), and did 4DS Kickbox (including the legs, but not the core) on Thursday. Good stuff.

You talk about the bloating. I've been bloating steadily since early January, and I'm getting upset about it. Sigh.

For the next 3 weeks I'm traveling for 3 days (each week). That means hotel room workouts and restaurant food. Nothing good can come of this.

Cheers

fiddlefit - keep up the good work. Traveling is hard on best laid plans. I'm glad your energy level has been up. that is a good sign. Wish I could give advice about the bloating, but it a BIG problem for me.

I have not been able to stick to anything this week. Earlier this week my brother had a heart attack which led to brain death. He will be removed from life support today. I am trying to be as strong as possible during this time, but each day is just a struggle to get through.

Catgirl, I'm so very, very sorry about your brother. That must have been a terrible shock, and huge loss, all at the same time. No one can be expected to continue with business as usual when that happens, so don't be hard on yourself. There will be time to get back on track, when you're ready.

I did pretty good with managing my energy last week. It went like this:

sun - Push Pull
mon - Flex Train
tues - Hardstrikes (no conditioning segment)
wed - nothing
thurs - 4DS Kickboxing (including the legs portion)
fri - Yoga (Eoin Finn's Earth.Body.Yoga dvd; the relaxing 43min premix)
sat - Low Impact Circuit
sun - Great Glutes

On Saturday my energy tanked again. I get that a lot on Saturdays; I'm not sure why. I spent most of the day on the couch, before finally forcing myself to get up and do LIC. As anticipated, it did give me some energy, and I was able to go out for dinner with friends, as we'd planned.

I have every other Monday off work, and today I was hoping to go cross-country skiing. However, the temperature is currently -27C (-17F), so I think I'll pass. I'm disappointed about that. A comfortably paced ski is a fantastic mental break. Maybe I'll do Pyramid Upper Body in the comfort of my basement, or something like that.

Too freaking cold to go XC skiing this morning, so I saved my workout for the hotel room tonight, after a long drive. I chose to do Shock Cardio MMA Kickboxing. That's a great hotel room workout; you don't really need the 5lb hand weights to feel the core work at the end.

It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted. There has been a lot of traveling in there, work stress, and a personal situation that has consumed all my emotional energy. While traveling I have been doing Travel Fit and yoga, mostly. Even so, I've had more rest days than active days and now I'm feeling in need of remotivation. I just can't figure out what I can or should be doing! With the anemia, I can't do high intensity (anaerobic) cardio because it's not good for my heart that is already not getting enough oxygen, and it also leaves me completely exhausted for a couple of days. My lower back continues to feel miserable most of the time, which also takes a psychological toll. Because I'm traveling so much right now I'm not stocking my kitchen with fresh food, so I'm not getting the balanced nutrition I need. In summary, it feels like I'm heading completely off track, and I don't have the energy to back on track, or even understand what that track should be. I have one more week of traveling, so the immediate issue is what expectations I should set for this week. Then, I am considering doing Cathe's Oct/13 rotation, with modifications for the higher intensity cardios.

Yay! I did a workout today! I did High Step Circuit - a beginner workout, but I used heavier dumbbells and enjoyed just moving again. It felt good to move without being overly strenuous.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.