RIP to Zeus (my cat)

Tess_ATL

Cathlete
A few weeks ago I posted about my other kitty Pookie who was having some health problems. He recovered OK but this week, Zues, my black cat took a bad turn. We noticed Weds. night that he was not acting himself. He was just kind of lethargic and staring vacantly at nothing. I also noticed that when I picked him up he wouldn't move or reposition himself, he just kind of went where I put him. So we made him as comfortable as could be Weds night, let him sleep with us for a little while, then took him to the vet first thing Thurs morning. He was badly dehydrated and the blood work showed that he had failing kidneys and there was not a lot they could do. We had him put to sleep yesterday afternoon. This little kitty was so precious to me. We rescued him from the pound as an adult cat with little hope of being adopted by anyone else. We had him since a few months after we were married (almost 11 years). He's been with us in every house we've lived in as a couple. It will be so different without him here. His personality was so sweet and loving. He could turn non cat lovers into his fans. He loved everyone and gave his love so freely and willingly. I will miss him so much, RIP Zeus.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1391/7683183/14524403/217980352.jpg

So sorry to hear about Zeus.
Sounds like he had a a wonderful life!
There will be many beloved pets in kitty heaven waiting to greet him (including several of mine!).

I am sorry to hear about Zeus.:-( ((HUGS))) He looks like a kitty we had growing up that we named "Licorice".

Tess,
I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sending caring thoughts your way. We lost a precious kitty in January, and I understand well that "void" you describe. It's so hard! It sounds like Zeus had a great life with you (and what a beautiful boy)!
Take care,
Allison

Tess, I'm so sorry. Just rememeber, you gave him a great home for 11 years.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

Thank you so much everyone. I knew you all would understand what I'm going through. I lost another cat about a year and a half ago and it doesn't get any easier.

{{{{HUGS}}}} It does NOT get easier. Pets are family members, and it's so hard to lose them. I still get teary eyed when I think of the dog I lost a year ago. Bless you for adopting Zues when no one else would. Bless you for giving him a happy content life, and bless you for not letting him suffer when his time came. He'll be waiting for you.

i am so, so sorry!!! i know nothing i can say can make you feel better.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

There is an Indian legend which says:
"when a human dies, there is a bridge they must cross
to enter into heaven. At the head of this bridge awaits every
animal the human encountered during their lifetime...
The animals, based upon what they know of this person, decide
which humans may cross the bridge...and which are turned away"....
Unknown

I am so sorry about Zeus. He was a beautiful cat!

It is very had to lose a special friend. There is nothing anyone can do or say to take away the pain. Just sending you hugs (((((Tess))))

Tess.

Sorry to hear about Zeus. I've been through that before.
Take good care of yourself and give yourself time to grieve.

Hugs to You.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.