Returned DVD

bunz

Cathe,
This is probably not the right forum to present this subject, but I don't know what else to do. Back in August I returned an unopened Terminator DVD not realizing your return policy was final sale only. As soon as I realized this, I sent an email to your customer service department explaining the situation. This was at the beginning of September. Two weeks later, I resent the email since I hadn't received a response. Someone finally did write back and asked if I had a UPS tracking number. I specifically stated in my letter that I sent it insured parcel post. (I still have the receipt.) Again I waited for a response, but no one wrote. I then tried to call and the same man answered each time saying he could only take my name and number and someone would get back to me. No one ever did. I attempted another email and this time received a one-line response that said they were unable to locate my order.
I am very surprised at how aloof your customer service department was in handling this matter. I have been buying your tapes for years and think I should have been treated with a little more courtesy. Am I supposed to just forget about it? I am not asking for a refund. I would just like to know what happened to the DVD. I paid $50 for it and I don't think it's fair that I should take a loss. I know it was my mistake, but it was not done intentionally. I hope you can be of some help in this matter. Thank you in advance. Jean Mustaciuolo

I know what you are saying.....I am not Cathe, but I lost all 4 of the BB DVD's because customs didn't like them! I re-ordered as I really wanted them and had to pay full price all $179! It would have been *nice* if SNM could have offered me any of the presale prices after all, they were making more money, but alas, they didn't. I feel for the sake of good customer relations, this would have been good, of course, they didn't have too and that seems to be the stand they are taking. It has left me in a dilema of whether to bother buying anything again, as a loyal customer who has bought everything, a bit of loyalty to me would have been a joy. Never mind, you live and learn. Wayne came to my rescue and gave me all his VHS BB vids! My loss wasn't intentional either and yes, I agree, a bit more courtesy would be nice, hope you get an answer soon.

Lynne

I don't think, SNM should give a discount in events like that. People, sometimes, do take advantage of companies. You cannot be too nice or people take you for a ride.

Remember as the Intensity DVDs were shipping and a lot of them were double shipments? A lot of people called SNM and had the double shipment picked up but there were a few who sold/kept the DVDs.

Hi there. I felt I had to respond to your answer. I agree, there are alot of people out there who do manipulate small companies like Cathe's. However, I have had a double shipment of vids once and called SNM to see how I send the duplicate back, they told me to keep them. So, you see, it's not fair to tarnish all with the same brush. My BB DVD's cost me all in all $330, I am sure if this happened to you or even what happened to the original poster, you moght think a bit different. Cathe is a small company where customers mean alot to her, so a little bit of good customer relations really would have not gone amis. Yes , it was my choice to buy another set, no-one made me, but I feel a little help would have restored my faith in human nature. That help didn't come and now I'll look elsewhere, and again, that's my perogative. No intentions of flaming anyone here, but I had to respond as everyone is entitled to their own opinions whether it be favourale or not. I happen to agree with the original poster,and I am upset that SNM didn't help me either and that's that.

Lynne

Lynne, Thanks for your post. I imagine it will be the only one I'll be getting. Nice to know I'm not alone. Good Luck.

So sorry you haven't heard anything back from SNM. I'm surprised they have not responded.

Beth

Beth, Honestly, I'm not surprised. I'll say one thing - this whole incident has left a bad taste in my mouth. Thanks for the support anyway.

Have you thought about calling your CC company and explaining the situation to them? This isn't really the same thing, but DH & I ordered a motor that didn't work and the company offered no help at all. They told us "tough luck." I sent it back UPS and disputed the charge with my credit card and got my money back.

No, I haven't contacted my cc company, but I am in the process of filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau. Now it is just a matter of principle.

The problem is you returned a product 5 months after you had purchased it and without first asking us if it was okay to do so. All sales with us are final and we don't allow any returns after 14 days under any circumstances.

In your case we simply have no record of receiving your order. We have thousands of packages coming in and going out each month and when our rules and procedures are not followed it can and usually does cause problems. We can help you only if you can provide proof that we received your return. You will also be responsible for UPS shipping charges back to you.

So nice to hear from someone.
And no, the problem is your customer service department. If this matter were addressed in a timely, courteous, and attentive manner, I would have dropped it a long time ago.
First of all, I admitted that I was at fault. I should have checked your return policy before I sent the DVD back. I am not an unreasonable person. It was my mistake, and I would have accepted the consequences. I would have taken a loss for the DVD. But it took a month before anyone responded to my first email, which I had to send twice. After all the emails and phone calls, I think I have a right to be angry and frustrated.
Secondly, I can't believe that this DVD just disappeared in thin air. I mailed it with the original invoice which had my name, etc. on it. No, I do not have proof that you received it, but I also do not have proof that you didn't.
Lastly, as far as being responsible for shipping charges back to me, I already offered to mail you postage to have the DVD mailed back to me. That was also ignored.
Bottom line is that your "customer service" department needs a little more practice in the "servicing" part. If you need my $50 so bad, then keep it.

Just wondering...

When SNM told you they hadn't received it back in Aug. or Sept., did you start a claim with USPS? You did send it insured, right? I don't know if this would help you out, but you might be able to check the status of your package by going to USPS online and filling out the check status form. Just a thought.

RE: Just wondering...

I haven't sent a claim in because I never knew where I stood with SNM since the emails from them were far and few in between. But that will be one route I will be taking now. Thanks for the advice.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.