RESULTS of Mel's Complete Weight Loss Rotation

melanalyus

Cathlete
RESULTS of: Mel’s Complete Weight loss Rotation

This rotation was made to help me lose weight after having my 3rd baby. I really missed my Levi jeans!!

I lost 10+ lbs & 13 total inches! My jeans fit after 3rd week and my body continued to firm up through out the 4 week rotation.

In the 2nd week I implemented a high protein, lower carbohydrate diet. I am still nursing, so I was careful to include lots of healthy dense carbohydrates in my diet. I ate 3 meals & 2-3 snacks daily. I also drank one yummy protein-rich smoothie daily.

Here’s my rotation:

Sun: SS + Power Max step 2-3 + 50 sit ups
Mon: Imax 1 + 100 sit ups + 50 obliques
Tue: Boot Camp + MIC step
Wed: Janis Saffell’s Hardcore kickbox Circuit + Turbo Jam Cardio Party + Ab Jam standing
Thurs: Step Heat + 30 min misc stepping + Ab Sculpt
Fri: Imax Extreme + ab work
Sat: Tae Bo Advanced Live #11 + Mindy Mylrea’s Action Packed Step + FIRM abs & misc ab work

Sun: RS + TJ Lower Body + Core Max 1
Mon: Imax 3
Tue: HSC + Core Max 2
Wed: Mindy Mylrea’s Extreme Intervals
Thurs: Cardio Kicks + Core Max 3 + TJ Cardio Party 2
Fri: ME/BC bonus combo + Imax 3 step premix
Sat: Viper

Sun: KickMax w/2lb wts, Ab conditioning
Mon: Imax 2 + Core max 1
Tue: Body Max + Ab conditioning
Wed: 30 min step
Thurs: KPC w/ 2lb wts, + TJ Lower Body + Ab conditioning
Fri: Circuit Max + TJ Cardio Party 1 + Core max 2
Sat: Hardcore Extreme 1 + Ab conditioning

Sun: HSC + TJ Cardio Party 2 + Abs
Mon: Tae Bo Advanced Live #3 + Janis Saffell’s Kickbox Express w/2lb wts
Tue: Legs & Glutes
Wed: Hardcore Extreme 2 + TJ Ab Jam
Thurs: Step Blast + PUB
Fri: Mindy Mylrea’s Cardio Toolbox + TJ Cardio Party 1 + Core Max 2
Sat: Imax Extreme + TJ Ab Jam

Please let me know if you do this rotation & your results :D [email protected]

**Melanie**
28lbs lost 5lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94
" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Wow Melanie!! Those are some awesome results and in just 4 weeks too! Your core looks very toned and your arms and legs look great too. It is so motivating to see people post their pics with such great results.

Thanks for sharing your rotation :)

Faiza

Mel - I copied your rotation but I have a question is Imax Extreme one of the Hardcore Extremes or is it a premix for one of the Imaxs'?

WOW!!!!! Melanie that is an amazing routine and what incredible results!!! I used to post all of the time with you in the pregnancy forum when I was preggers with my daughter and you were pregnant with your second child. I didn't realize that you had another one after that - CONGRATS!!!! What a blessing! Anyway - AWESOME JOB!!!!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!:7

I"m beaming you guys! Thanks for such the kind words!!!

Imax Extreme is on the Terminator. It combines Imax2 + Cardio & Weights. It's a lot of fun. :D

**Melanie**
28lbs lost 5lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94
" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Hi Mel Im confused I was going to start your weighloss rotation but it looks like you have changed it from your orig roatation is the original one the rotation that you did and lost your baby weight? Thansk for your help. I hope you understand what I mean Your updates all have different roatations than the original. Thanks again

You're correct, I did modify the original rotation quite a bit. I made it more intense (although I think the original one was difficult). Cathe inspired me to work harder with her 90 minute Jan rotation post---so I picked it up several notches. :D :D

**Melanie**
28lbs lost 5lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

SS= SUPERSETS ;)

**Melanie**
28lbs lost 5lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Wow, those results are amazing!!! If only I had all those DVDs....*Oh well, in the meantime, I'll try to do it with the ones I have, right?!* :)

Way to go Mel! Now just tell me how your ate?

Allison

22 lbs. lost, 10 lbs. until prepregnancy weight, 10 lbs. after that

Hi Allison! If you have access to South Beach Diet & Ab Diet books, I'd highly recommend reading them. They are awesome! Basically, I did a modified combo of each one. I ate 3 meals a day + 3 snacks daily. I had one cheat meal/week. Typical day:

Breakfast: hardboiled egg + milk
Snack: celery + 1 tsp natural peanut butter
Lunch: Salad with chicken breast --salad had all fixings (cheese, carrots, tomatoes, etc)
Snack: Smoothie (if you want some receipes, just e-mail me)
Dinner: Whatever my family had minus potatoes, rice, noodles, or bread. I'd add a small side salad to replace that item. ;)

Throughout the day if I was hungry, or needed a munch I'd grab a small handful of mixed nuts.

**Edited to say I had a glass of milk w/lunch & supper**

**Melanie**
28lbs lost 5lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Melanie, congratulations on your results so far. I've printed out both your rotation and meal plan. I'm due to give birth Feb 18 so your post came at the right time.
I'd be interested in receiving your smoothie recipes please. My email address is: [email protected]
Also, what do you mean when you say Power Max step 2-3?

Thank you.

Congrats on your upcoming bundle!!! Babies are so much fun!! I'll e-mail you some smoothie receipes. Power Max step 2-3 refers to step sections 2 and 3 only. Most of Cathe's older step videos have very basic/easy choreography step for the first sections...and then she ups the intensity for the 2nd and 3rd sections. I usually bypass the first sections. ;)

**Melanie**
28lbs lost 5lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Melanie, by exercising this way, you aren't giving really any rest to your legs, right? Can you work them on consecutive days and not bulk up? I thought they needed 36 hours between when weights are involved. Does your method not give them a chance to get bulky and they thin out instead? That is really what I'm looking for. Sorry if you've seen this question a million times. I've just started posting today and am finding it so much fun. And so educaitonal. I have the Body Blast series minus the timesaver one and the Pyramid upper and lower body dvd's. I also have a treadmill, nordic track, trampoline, lots of weights and a step. I am still learning the step so I can't count that as a workout yet. Thanks for responding if you get a chance. I also sent you an e-mail abaout your smoothies.

Hi Allison. I"m sorry to hear that you lost energy with South Beach Diet. I did not follow the diet strictly, as I added energy rich carbohydrates to my diet (mostly through smoothies). Our energy comes from carbs, so it's no suprise that you'd lose some energy when you go on a low carb diet (at least initially). Since I"m nursing, I did have bananas, strawberries and other fructose products--that allowed me to keep up my energy level.

As far as leg work goes, I"m blessed with skinny legs...so this has never been an issue for me. My thighs were about an inch bigger after having my baby, but still tiny. I find that the leg work I do/did in this routine did not really challenge my legs to the point of fatigue (except for leg specific workouts i.e. legs & glutes). Therefore, I did not space my workouts out. In a sense we workout our legs everyday, just by walking on them!!! Oh...and I usually use lower weights (8-10 lbs) when working out...b/c I am a person that could bulk up. ;)

BTW, the smoothie receipes are on the way! Thanks for your response!!

**Melanie**
28lbs lost 5lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.