RESULTS of Mel's Complete Weight Loss Rotation

Thanks for the recipes! Do you use this smoothie because protein is good for muscle building? In a sense, to build bigger muscles? I don't have the benefit of skinny legs as you do, so envious. Will these make me bulk up?

kel042~ Sorry I called you Allison in the last post...I got two smoothie requests at the same time. I'm not sure if that's your name or not, my apologies if it is not (I tried to edit it, but system wouldn't allow it after I posted).

Anyway, the reason why I use protein is two fold. (1) it aids in the building of muscle...so when we workout our muscles we put little tears in it, and dietary protein helps to rebuild it (2) it helps me feel fuller longer, so I may not be tempted to snack on sweets prior to my next meal.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. Most of the smoothie receipes are from Ab Diet. I have elected NOT to put "nuked oatmeal" in my smoothies. Sometimes I put a tsp of uncooked oats in it, or wheat germ to increase fiber. :)

**Melanie**
30lbs lost 3lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94
" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Yes, normally I would have taken a day off too...but I'm pretty bullheaded and was determined to get that weight off so I could fit into my jeans.

My maternity leave ends on Valentine's Day. I will begin to take some days off then, as I won't have a choice. :(

I would recommend starting where you dropped off when you take a day off. For example, if Step Blast is scheduled for Tuesday...but you took that day off...go ahead and do Step Blast on Wednesday & push the entire rotation back a day. Just a recommendation.

Good luck & let us know how you like the rotation. :)

**Melanie**
32.5lbs lost 0.5lbs to go

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94
" Take care of your body like it will last a lifetime. Take care of your soul like it will last for eternity"

Hi there! Someone had sent me an e-mail last month asking me to post my pre/post pictures. Oops! I accidently deleted their e-mail. I think their name was Sandra? Anyway, I did go ahead and re-post them.
Since the post pictures, I've continued to lose weight and actually dropped BELOW my prepregnancy weight. I've now been consistently at this weight since Jan, and feel this rotation has done wonders to my body...a real shock at a time in my life when I really needed it. I'm keeping it on reserve incase I have another baby. :)

Please check out the same link as before for before/after pics:

www.monnie.photosite.com Then go to Before & After folder. It SAYS it's PASSWORD PROTECTED, but I just put that on there to keep perverts away. ;)

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Which SS did you use? You really inspired me to try this. I too am trying to loose 10 lbs. What did you snack on? Did you follow SB to the tea?

Teresa

SS= supersets (cathe's of course).

I did NOT follow Southbeach diet that closely, b/c I was nursing. IF I hadn't been nursing I would have though. Since January, I"m sad to say I"ve added sugary foods back in my diet; however, I haven't gained any of my weight back on. My middle is more spongy now than it was in January, b/c of my sugar consumption. I rarely if ever eat potatoes, bread, or white rice. I've made lifetime changes, but FELT the best when I was following southbeach diet more closely.

Best wishes Teresa, and thanks for your interest in my rotation. When and if I ever have another baby, you can count on my re-living this rotation!

~Melanie~

Jadon born 11/23/05
Justin born 1/17/04
Jory born 4/9/94

Weeks 2 and 3

Hi Mel,

When you're talking weeks 2 and 3, is that after a 6 week wait? I'm expecting my 1st in October, so this is all new to me :)

Thanks!
HC

Mel, I could't pull up the pictures; it kept referring me to a weird site. Anyway, how many minutes of cardio did you do a day? I looked at the rotation and it looked like alot of cardio.

Hey ladies. This rotation is a few years old (I'm now pg with twins & plan on using it postpartum in the New Year).

I began working out week 3 post c-section. It is NOT recommended :eek: this soon, but I took it real easy & eased into it. Week 1 offically started @ 4 weeks post partum.

The pre/post pics aren't on the website anymore. Sorry, photobucket is no longer in the business, so I lost the pics.

As far as cardio goes, I did 90 minutes on most days,.....broken up into two workouts.

Hope I answered your questions. :D

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.