Results from ICE....

Update on results from ICE. Shortly after receiving my ICE DVD'S, I was hospitalized for 8 days, had some surgery and was out of commission for a while. I was given the ok to resume my exercise routine a few weeks ago. I am currently in my 3rd week of the ICE 1 rotation. I wasn't going to weigh myself until the end of each month, but today I couldn't resist. So far, since I have restarted, I have lost 7 pounds! Now keep in mind I am eating very clean, I can only eat chicken, fish, non-fiber vegetables (unlimited) , no fried food , no processed foods and no sugary drink or foods. It was very difficult for me to workout, especially weights, because I am basically starting from the beginning again. Most of the upper body workout (from ICE) I had to lower from what I am used to and sometimes lower than what Cathe is using. The same for cardio, even though cardio isn't my strong point, I had to modify the modified version. But I had to start somewhere. I can't say enough about how good this workout series. I am just in love with it, anyone can modify to suit their particular fitness level, whether it be a beginner, intermediate or advanced. The time in the actual workout is just perfect, not to long and not to short. But if you want more, there is more in the premixes and you can use heavier weight, if need be. I plan to follow the Ice rotations to the "t", followed by 1 month of x-train (the strength rotations), 2 months of the ripped series and finally concluding with the STS series.

Congratulations grad2010! You must be very happy. I so regret not buying the whole set but maybe there will be a big sale and i'll purchase the few i don't have.
Jamie

As Jamie said congrats grad2010! Getting back into things after surgery isn't easy and it's frustrating but good for you for pushing through! I wish I had bought the whole series too (also hoping for a big sale) - I had just heard of Cathe and wanted to try one DVD out before deciding whether it would be worth it. Well, at least 20 DVDs later I'd say yes it was! Congrats again! :)

grad2010,

You Go Girl! Great to hear that ICE is working for you and that you are looking forward to rotations with the X-Train, RWH & STS series!
Hospitalization and surgery are not fun but you are here, posting and taking your health to new challenges. Keep climbing that ladder one step at a time! Wishing you much success with ICE!

Thanks everyone, surgery and the recovering was not easy. This health scare is a true wake up call for me. I usually follow a rotation for about a month or 2, lose about 10 pounds, get really excited about the weight lost and then I go back to my bad habits again and regain the weight. This time is different for me and I have never been more excited and scared at the same time. But I am finally going to do this!

grad2010 - I'm sort of the same way as far as training, getting excited then regaining the weight. Congrats again on recovering from the surgery... a few years ago I shattered my wrist and was in physical therapy for six months. It wasn't easy and nothing compared to what you've been through!

Thought I'd add some thoughts on the ICE program even though I don't have all of the DVDs: upping the weights on arms helps a lot as far as muscle definition goes and I can finally do push ups! Sounds pathetic but it worked! Metabolic Total Body is also great but I've increased the weights on that too and added the Blizzard Blasts - to me MTB is a lot harder than most of Cathe's XTrain workouts. I'm by no means advanced but I keep those two in my rotation and add on the XTrain series (plus Flex Train, which I LOVE) and I've noticed results. Obviously I'm not following the ICE rotation since I don't have many of the discs but the three I bought gave me a HUGE boost as far as wanting to exercise more. That to me is best motivator for anyone considering buying the series!

I'm not the best with cardio and the step (knees on that one) but ICE has introduced me to a love of strength training that I never had before. I adore XTrain's "Legs," "Burn Sets," Bi's & Tri's," etc. and I wouldn't have bought them if it weren't for the results I saw doing the few ICE videos that I have.

Although ICE is labeled intermediate it really isn't as I find MTB harder than XTrain Super Cuts (not a big fan of that one) and comparable to XTrain Cardio Leg Blast without the compound upper body moves. So... for those wondering if ICE is right it certainly is! I've lost 20 pounds in 3 months without changing my diet much (well, the weekends are a bit of an exception). I like the ICE abs routines more than those with XTrain as my tailbone doesn't get slaughtered and they are just as challenging. I guess I think that if you enjoy the ICE videos you'll also like the XTrain series and can easily alternate back and forth. I hope this makes some sense and I'm so glad to be a member of this forum! If not... congratulations to everyone who has discovered Cathe and fell in love with her workouts (I'm a proud member of that club)! :)

Kathydaffy, congrats on your weight lost of 20 pounds! I am in love with the ICE workouts. I just started week one level 3 rotation and I lost 15 pounds so far. It seems like the weight lost went into overdrive the past few weeks. Cardio is my weakest and strength training is my greatest, but since starting ICE, my cardio has improved dramatically. I am really starting to enjoy cardio. Of all of the workouts from ICE, MTB is my favorite, while boot-camp is my least favorite. Now that the rotation is ending soon, I am confused as to what rotation I should follow next. I think I might attempt the xtrain strength for 30 days, followed by 2 months of the ripped with hit series. Not sure if I can handle it. So i am contemplating the remainder 3 rotations from the ICE series, which gradually introduce the x-train and ripped series. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thank you, grad 2010, and congrats on your 15 pound weight loss as well! Although I'm missing two of the XTrain discs (Ride and the Kickboxing one) the series is great and I would think that it would be good to try as your next rotation. The best part of a lot of the XTrain DVDs is that no exercise is repeated twice so there's no boredom factor! I adore all of the strength routines but Cardio Leg Blast and All Out HiiT are terrific for cardio stamina. Super Cuts also is a metabolic/strength workout with a cardio boost so there's a lot of variety! More equipment is required than what's needed for ICE but it's not too big of a deal.

It looks like you're doing STS? How do you like it? I just ordered the 36 disc package and am a little nervous despite my love of weight training. It will be my first time using a barbell too - not quite sure how that's going to go! :p

Good luck with whatever you decide on! All the rotations you're thinking about seem to be pretty well rounded so don't worry too much! :)

Hey, Kathydaffy I am not doing the STS program. I did it a while ago. I guess I need to update my profile. I am planning on doing it again, after I complete the x train strenght rotation and the ripped hit 2 month rotation. I really enjoyed the STS program, my favorite is Meso 2, followed by meso 3 and 1.

Hi grad2010! I hope you enjoy XTrain, it's one of my favorites! I just started STS today - I haven't done all the prep work yet but wow! If you're favorite is Meso 2 I have something to look forward to as the first 2 discs kicked my butt! :)

I am now done with the complete ICE rotation and I am down 27 pounds! I hate leaving this rotation, but I know I need to change it up a little bit. My next rotation will be the 30 day X-train and I plan on adding walking/running as my cardio. I might had a few of the ICE Dvd's throughout the rotation. Its weird how the weight lost is gradual and then it goes full speed. The first 2 weeks of June, I lost one pound each week. On the third week, I lost 8 pounds followed by the last week (today I weighed myself) I was down another 2 pounds! I dont know if I was retaining water or what, but imagine my surprise of 8 pounds. I cant say enough of the ICE series, one of best from Cathe in a long time. I truly enjoyed each workout.

Excellent Grad2010! That's quite the accomplishment, you must be very happy. I agree about the ICE workouts, I thoroughly enjoyed doing the ICE/ RWH rotation with a few tweeks since I don't have the entire ICE series but I keep going back to these DVD's.
Jamie

I cant say enough of the ICE series, one of best from Cathe in a long time. I truly enjoyed each workout.

I just want to say that you have inspired me to do an ICE rotation. My problem has always been that I get bored and never finish a rotation but I am committed to this now. Thanks so much and congrats on your success, weight loss and improved health.

Beth

Beth, I hear you, I was the same way. I have started many rotations, but can only recall completely 2 or 3 of them. I just love the ICE series! I think the muscle melt downs has prepared me for the X-train series. I cant believe how much weight I am lifting ( nowhere near as Cathe). I say just go for it, commit for 2 -3 months and take it from there. To avoid boredom, I changed up some of the workouts. Instead of doing an entire workout as prescribed, I would use one of the time saver premixes or longer premixes. Or I would change up the order of the prescribed workouts. Plus I would talk myself into committing to 20 minutes of the workout, if after 20 minutes I still felt bored or didn't want to do it, I would stop. 90% of the time I would complete the entire workout of the day. It was like I had to bargain with myself! But it worked for me, once I saw results I continued with the rotation with full force.

Congrats grad2010 - which rotation did you do? did you also clean up your diet if you needed to? That is my biggest thing is the diet. I do enjoy the ICE series but haven't done them in a while.

Hey, rcaros, I ate extremely clean for the first couple of weeks. For breakfast, I ate either oatmeal with some fruit, yogurt with granola or hard boiled eggs with toast. Lunch was always a salad with lots of veggies and some protein, dinner was usually chicken breast, turkey breast, fish with lost of veggies or salad (oil and vinegar only with salt and pepper) and I would have either rice or baked potato. I cut out all sugary products, fast food or anything fried. I didn't weigh or measure any of my foods, just ate till I was full. For snacks, I had string cheese with some fruit, apple with peanut butter or yogurt with granola. Very basic, nothing too extreme. I even allowed my self a cheat day after a couple of weeks. My cheat day wasn't overboard either, I ate whatever I wanted and cut in half to share with someone. As far as rotations, I did all levels of the ICE rotations. I changed the order of some of the DVD's to fit my schedule. I never skipped a workout, Oh, I also drank tons of water. 1 cup as soon as I woke up, 2 cups with lunch and dinner and 2 cups throughout the day and 1 cup before I went to bed. I hope that helps

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.