RESULTS ARE IN!!! Ultimate Guide to Cathe's Workouts

Surely if a weight was used that was "heavier" than normal any workout could go from a 5 to a 8 very easily. Hey, just my thoughts...

Thanks so much for posting that! I'm new to Cathe (roughly 2-3 months) and am already an addict. I purchased both the Body Blast series and Intensity series within the first week that I found Cathe. I've found that the two in combination REALLY give me the results I've been looking for. I've been looking for more tapes to purchase, but didn't know which tapes would give me the kind of workout I'm looking for (hard, lots of sweat, sore the next day, etc.). I've just printed off your list and I'll keep that handy when I go for my next tape purchase. Looks like I better get IMAX - the original - if I'm looking for some really intense cardio. Man, and I thought IMAX 2 was hard!

Thanks again,
d

Thank you so much! I am new to Cathe workouts and really needed a guide from people who did them! You have been very helpful! Imax 2 - definately on my list now!

RE: RESULTS ARE IN!!! Ultimate Guide to Cathe's Workou...

After constantly looking back at this post I FINALLY printed it out.

I am going to keep it on hand to help me make decisions on what to buy next...I am new to Cathe so I'm not "ready for anything" yet lol.

Thanks for your hard work!:)

~Wendy~

Thanks so mcuh for the very helpful work you did!! It is so useful and helpful!! I'm also glad Boot Camp did so well....I love that workout!! Thanks...:7

I am new to Cathe and I'm getting ready to start my dvd collection, and you have just helped me soooo much! Thank you. I'm sure you have saved me alot of frustration by purchasing a dvd that I was no where ready to tackle. Thanks again!!!

Kathy

Love this---THANKS! I am tired of buying w/o's that are either too intense or imitate something I already have, or are too easy.

What are the rating for the videos Ab Hits, Interval Max, Maximum Intensity Strength, and Power Max. Does anyone know if the CTX Kickbox, 10* 10* 10* are availble seperately on DVD or VHS. Thank You:)

I love Imax 2!!! Whenever I don't feel like working out, I put that on and after 2 minutes, I'm into it!
Faythe

Sabine,

I'm wondering regarding the ratings for the cardio workouts? Are the ratings based on the intensity of the cardio or the complexity of the cardio? I'm concerned about complexity of the cardio workouts because I have two left feet. However, I can do IM and MIC pretty well - but the choreography is rather athletic than dancy.

So hope you can respond to this. If you're gonna do the ratings for the Hardcores, hope you can inform us the complexity levels of Low Max, Interval Max 3, Kickbox Max and High Step Challenge.

Hope you can also do complexity level ratings for the cardio workouts in the future :)

Hi there,

The ratings for the cardio workouts are rating the intensity of the workout, not the complexity of the choreography. When the ratings were first being done, I was hoping to factor complexity in somewhere, but things got hopelessly muddled, so I wound up just asking for perceived intensity. At this time I have no plans to work on rating complexity or having the Hardcores rated as it is actually a lot of work and I just don't have the time. Maybe in the Spring :D !

I will share my personal opinions about Cathe's complexity. I find her kickboxing workouts to be pretty straightforward. I find the most 'complex' one to be Cardio Kicks, and even that is very doable. The choreography consists of remembering kicking and punching patters with jacks, sashays, and knee smashes thrown in. With regard to her circuit workouts, again, most of these are pretty straightforward. Probably the hardest one choreography wise is High Step Training as you need to know about fast food repeaters and power scissors before doing the workout or you could trip and hurt yourself. BTW, Bootcamp is a load of fun! With regard to Step, I'd say her most complex workouts are Rhythmic Step and Step Blast. Some of the step in the CTX series is also complex, but more because the time constraints mean that the breakdown is minimal. If interested in Cathe's step, I would suggest starting with either the Basic Step DVD or her Classics DVD. She spends more time breaking down the moves and a lot of the moves in the Classics show up again and again in later videos, just in new sequences.

HTH!

Thanks for this list. Helps a newbie. Now if they have a newbie section where you could find these answers to begin with would be nice.

So I Have to ask, what's a circuit workout?

A circuit workout is where you alternate cycles of cardio (either step, hi/lo, or kickboxing) with cycles of weights.

Interval workouts are where you do some moderate aerobic moves, push to get close to your anaerbic threshold, then recover a bit before starting the pattern again.

HTH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.