Rejoining STS after an illness?

Shadowpup

Cathlete
Hi,

I'm getting over a nasty week long bout of flu+bronchitis, and finally feeling well enough to work out again.

I'm on the STS six month plan - loving it! I'd finished STS week 1 (twice) and round one of STS week 2 when flu hit.

My thought is to pick up with STS week 2 (round two) at the end of this week or early next week, and just continue from there if I'm able to do the 65% 1RMs for all the exercises in week 2. If the 65% seems like too much, I'll back up to STS week 1 and reset to 60 1RM, and if 60% is too much, I'll do alternate workouts for awhile and restart the whole program.

Does this make sense?

BTW, I don't think it was overtraining that got me - it was too many meetings that required plane flights and sitting with sick people in close proximity for days on end. Nearly everyone at my last meeting with picked up a similar bug.

I took a couple weeks off due to illness. It was definitely not from over-training either.:p:D I only had Meso 1 week 1 completed before I stopped. I picked back up with Meso 1 Week 1 Legs. I didn't feel 100% when I started back up. I did not maintain 60% 1rm. I knew I would have to lower my weights. I was fine with it. For week 2, I felt stronger and was able to do most of my 65% 1RM.

I'm going to continue with the program, lowering/upping my weights as needed based on listening to my body. Even if I didn't get sick, I'd still listen to my body. It was something I learned while doing the X. Some days are better than others.

Wendy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.