Regarding STS2.0 Abs

I did the mini ball abs today. A good ab workout! I like using the mini ball as it adds to the intensity of working the core. My only issue with the mini ball - I cannot get it fully blown up. When I stop to take out the straw, I can't get the plug in fast enough to keep adequate air in the ball. Anyone have any suggestions for me?

LOL ! You ought to have seen me with mine! Actually I inflated mine with a mini hand pump
and yes, that sucker will deflate fast!!! Only thing I can tell you is have that plug close & ready to go. I did try and inflate mine a little bigger, but carefully, so it doesn't burst, so that
the air that does come out doesn't deflate it too much. Keep working with it, you'll get it !

Last edited:
LOL ! You ought to have seen me with mine! Actually I inflated mine with a mini hand pump
and yes, that sucker will deflate fast!!! Only thing I can tell you is have that plug close & ready to go. I did try and inflate mine a little bigger, but carefully, so it doesn't burst, so that
the air that does come out doesn't deflate it too much. Keep working with it, you'll get it !
Thank you aqua girl!!

Yeah, I like most of those too ! Believe it or not, I can pretty much do that bike maneuver, she goes slow enough, I'm probably not doing it correctly, but I'm doing it ! I really haven't done that Bird dog move,
I'm thinking it's not for me...:)
So I'll practice the bike maneuver more too... you can always switch to regular bird-dogs too ...

I don't trust my lower back to those high reverse curls either - so I modify those also.

I don't do those reverse curl ups either. if I do that one, I'll just do the tap downs.

On the bike maneuver, I couldn't do it at all....at first. I felt like the most uncoordinated person in the world.

But the trick is, at least for me, is to watch & listen to Cathe at first, you start with the ball against 1 knee and
the opposite elbow reaching over and straighten that leg and thank goodness she does go slow enough on
these. I think the key is starting in that position and going from there. oh and keep the knees close together
so you can kind of push the ball over to the other knee with your elbow.

I don't do those reverse curl ups either. if I do that one, I'll just do the tap downs.

On the bike maneuver, I couldn't do it at all....at first. I felt like the most uncoordinated person in the world.

But the trick is, at least for me, is to watch & listen to Cathe at first, you start with the ball against 1 knee and
the opposite elbow reaching over and straighten that leg and thank goodness she does go slow enough on
these. I think the key is starting in that position and going from there. oh and keep the knees close together
so you can kind of push the ball over to the other knee with your elbow.
Thanks for the tips ... :)

I did the no equipment abs and mini ball abs premix today. On the no equipment abs, I found doing the sit up with rotation immediately after the bent leg sit up was hard. On the mini ball abs, I liked doing the crunches and elbow drives with the ball behind my back. With the bike maneuver, at first the ball kept rolling out from under my elbow and dropping onto my stomach. I managed to do the last few without dropping it though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.