Reformed Cat Hater

lori254

Cathlete
Another post made me think of something....when I first started going with my guy, he absolutely despised cats. Well I have three cats who I love to pieces. Anyway, he did not say anything to me about how he used to feel until quite recently. The cool thing is...he now loves my little Lulu girl and she loves him...the other two kitties he tolerates, and they tolerate him. If he had told me in the beginning that he hated cats, it's unlikely the relationship would have gone any further. My kitties have been such a big part of my life and have been with me through some pretty tough times, giving unconditional love and comfort. I will never give them up.

Have you read "The Cat Who Went to Paris" by Peter Gethers? He was a cat hater until a girlfriend gave him a kitten. He fell in love with it at first sight and wrote three books about him.
My DH was cat neutral when we met but now he dotes on them even more than I do.

Aw, that's so sweet! I'm glad he's made friends with you Lulu! I'm with you, my pets, then everyone else! I was a huge dog lover (still am) and a so-so cat person - could take one or leave one. Since getting Simon (8 years ago, now), I am definitely a cat lover!

What is about cats that can convert just about anyone?

I wouldn't want kids on my furniture. Cats are fine :eek::D

LOL!
Kids are messier..... teenagers are just out of this world:eek::eek::eek:

Lori,

I wasn't a dog person until 9 years ago when my son begged me to get a boxer. I always looked at people with pets as a little nutty. :rolleyes:Honestly I couldn't figure out how anyone could allow an animal to take over their house.

Oh, my boxers have stolen my heart alright- and my furniture.:D Below is a pic of my Maximus chillin' on the chase lounge.
My two mean the world to me. They are a part of my soul now. If you love me- you have to love my boxers.:)

ry%3D400

What a perfect post... as I just left my boyfriend's house and as I was leaving, he said "Give Bear a kiss for me". Bear is my cat, Princess's, nickname as she looks somewhat like a bear (hence my name "princessbear")... When I first met him, I would have categorized him as "cat neutral", not a cat-hater, but not a huge lover... but he is an animal lover in general. So, my Princess struggles with anybody that comes into my house - friends, family, etc. She was a neglected and/or abused girl when I got her and is very attached to me (as I am to her). So, Steven starts hanging out at my place and he thinks she is the most beautiful thing... and slowly she is warming up to him (he warmed up to her immediately and has made it his mission to gain her trust). She has gotten to the point where she lets him scratch inside her ears, something she LOVES, but I just can't seem to do ... sticking my finger in her ears and gently scratching. So she loves him to do that at times, mostly when I'm not around (she's a sneaky little thing - like when kids behave like angels when their parents aren't around). I knew he was hooked on her one day when she was sitting there staring at us on the couch and he said "I've grown awfully fond of her"... That was the moment that I knew he was a keeper ...

I actually stopped seeing a guy because he kept referring to my Princess as "the cat"... and my current guy called her by her nickname right away ...

Cats are THE BEST!!

I am suspicious of people who cannot appreciate the coolness of a pooch(es)....or a feline possee stretched out on the couch! They ask so little and give so much in return, even lethal fumes waft out of the litterbox on occasion.

I am suspicious of people who cannot appreciate the coolness of a pooch(es)....or a feline possee stretched out on the couch! They ask so little and give so much in return, even lethal fumes waft out of the litterbox on occasion.

Oh, Beavs, you never fail to crack me up when I read your posts. I just got home and my Princess REFUSES to cover when she does #2, so the "lethal fumes" could be smelled as soon as I walked in the door... not to mention that she does NOT shut up until I get up there and clean it out for her ... gotta love her.

And now, off topic - I just saw your quote "The Dude Abides"... my boyfriend's favorite movie - The Big Lebowski - which he had me watch with him recently. What a howl that one was. I think it was also John Goodman's finest work!

LOL!
Kids are messier..... teenagers are just out of this world:eek::eek::eek:

Lori,

I wasn't a dog person until 9 years ago when my son begged me to get a boxer. I always looked at people with pets as a little nutty. :rolleyes:Honestly I couldn't figure out how anyone could allow an animal to take over their house.

Oh, my boxers have stolen my heart alright- and my furniture.:D Below is a pic of my Maximus chillin' on the chase lounge.
My two mean the world to me. They are a part of my soul now. If you love me- you have to love my boxers.:)

ry%3D400

How can you NOT love that cutie pie?

Oh, Beavs, you never fail to crack me up when I read your posts. I just got home and my Princess REFUSES to cover when she does #2, so the "lethal fumes" could be smelled as soon as I walked in the door... not to mention that she does NOT shut up until I get up there and clean it out for her ... gotta love her.

And now, off topic - I just saw your quote "The Dude Abides"... my boyfriend's favorite movie - The Big Lebowski - which he had me watch with him recently. What a howl that one was. I think it was also John Goodman's finest work!

I have to agree on the Big Lebowski. And FYI, I have to give mad props to "Wellness" cat food. Since I put my Jazzy on it her fumes have been less octane. The paint on my wall much appreciates it ;)

The Big Lebowski was a movie I actually bought b/c it was so great but unfortunately loaned out and never got back... Anyway, I named one of my cats "The Dude." And he totally was "The Dude" in every aspect of his personality! He was an awesome cat that I lost way too young to liver disease.

Cynthia: Your dog is clearly abused - poor thing. No place to just stretch out and relax...! :D

WOW! So far, this thread has cool cats, Boxers, and The Big Lebowski...all we need now is someone to mention Coach Sean and chocolate!!!

:D:D:D

I wouldn't want kids on my furniture. Cats are fine :eek::D
Bwahahahaaaaaa!!! Yeah, and I usually have to seek permission from Johnny, my cat, before I can sit down. I mean, he will not move for anyone! :p :D

Last edited:
WOW! So far, this thread has cool cats, Boxers, and The Big Lebowski...all we need now is someone to mention Coach Sean and chocolate!!!

:D:D:D
How about I just show you a video of Coach Sean's cats!? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlsu57pE83U

Mmmmmmmmmm... chocolate! I put some in my oatmeal this morning -- LOL!!! I.. I really did! 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder, to be exact. It was Cynthia who gave me the idea! :D

Last edited:
Michele - I love cocoa powder. Have you tried it in greek yogurt (if you eat that?) Sometimes, some dark chocolate chips fall in there too...

Michele - I love cocoa powder. Have you tried it in greek yogurt (if you eat that?) Sometimes, some dark chocolate chips fall in there too...
Shana, I tried to like greek yogurt. In fact, I put cocoa powder in it thinking it would make me like it, but I can't choke it down. But chocolate chips have found their way into my oatmeal. :D

Bwahahahaaaaaa!!! Yeah, and I usually have to seek permission from Johnny, my cat, before I can sit down. I mean, he will not move for anyone! :p :D

I just spent 3 hours on my couch - 1.5 of which I had to pee so bad, but Miss Princess just would not budge. Who is in charge here? Not ME!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.