Recovering from foot surgery

catwoman

Cathlete
I finally had foot surgery this morning to correct a misplaced bone and moderately severe bunion. The next time I do a step workout, I shouldn't have anymore foot pain! Yippee! My foot problems were getting so bad that they were greatly interfering with my ability to exercise, so I'm looking forward to getting back to normal! At least I'll have ample time to preview the new workouts when I get them - since it will be 3-6 months before I can "step" again!

Hi,

I hope you have a speedy recovery. My mom has these foot problems and has had many foot surgeries. No more foot pain for you Yippee!!!!:) :) :)

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Wow, great suggestion for a recovery workout. I hope there is a clip. I haven't tried it, but it is nice that one is available.

jordan

Good for you! Living with pain sucks, I just had my hip replaced and its the best thing I ever did-seriously.
Three months is a long time (I totally understand how you might be feeling ) but just think how great it will feel doing things pain free!:)

Best wishes on your recovery! Time will fly, before you know it....you'll be stepping again. ;-)

I agree...doing seated upperbody, abs, and maybe some light floor work will keep you from going crazy (it did me when I had knee surgery). :)

Kathy G

Thanks for the workout suggestion. I was planning on modifying many of Cathe's workouts/exercises to do them sitting, and I was going to do only floor work for legs, but it would be nice to have a workout designed specifically for recovery from foot or leg surgery.

The good news this morning is that it's absolutely gorgeous where I live today! We've had heat indeces in the 100's for the past 3 weeks, but today, the humidity is supposed to be low and the temp is only supposed to hit 81 degrees. We've already got a strong, cool breeze blowing out of the north at 9:20am (it's been like this for about an hour-and-a-half). I might actually be able to do a little recovery propped in a chair on my front porch!

24 hours after recovery and the numbness is finally wearing off, so pretty soon I'll be able to tell just how bad the pain will be for the next couple of days. So far it's not too bad. Pain-free stepping, here I come! :)

Good wishes coming your way. I had surgery in march so all is still very fresh in my mind. Stay off your feet as much as possible to reduce swelling and inflamation. Recovery will go faster .

Okay, so the pain has gotten worse. I'm doing okay but definitely feel it, especially after getting up to take a potty break. I want to return to work on Monday, but right now I'm uncomfortable enough to think that if this pain doesn't go away, I'll be staying home or at least taking a half day. It's not so bad when I'm lying down with my foot up, but I can't work lying down. I'm going to have a hard enough time keeping my foot propped up at work. And I understand that recovery will be longer and harder if I push myself too fast. Almost time for another pain pill...praise the gods! :p

I also had a few foot surgeries, so I can really empathize. One thing that my doctor recommended was water aerobics as recovery -- it was a way to start putting a tiny bit of pressure on the foot but without the full weight of my body. It also helped bring flexibility back into my foot, and generally kept me active. It wasn't as taxing as a Cathe workout but it was something. Take care!

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!!!!! Good for you for having the surgery. 3-6 months seems like a very long time, but in the long run, it's just a blink of an eye. Good Luck
Paula

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.