Receiving $500 - what should I buy?

Stebby

Cathlete
I'm about to celebrate my 25th anniversary with my company. They're going to give me a gift basket or flowers (my pick), and they're also giving me up to $500 for a gift which I can have them buy for me, or I can buy it myself and expense it.

What would you buy with the $500? I'm looking for ideas!

Stebby

A watch
A great purse
STS and the push/pull tower (if I did not have it already)
A couple of days at a spa or get away of choice

ooohhhh, I like the massage idea, I'd go with that too. :)

Congratulations on 25 years, that is nearly unheard of these days!! Way to go!

congratulations! I would get a thorough spring cleaning with a maid service since I hate to clean. :p

Erica

What company do you work for? That sure is a nice gift!!! Do you like to cook? How about a KitchenAid Mixer. You can get $40 at Costco now. Any exercise equipment you need? Cathe DVDs or other fitness DVD's.
Stay the weekend at a luxury resort somewhere nice, with a spa for that massage everyone is suggesting! Go to a concert with SO or friend.

I agree with the cleaning for a year...Could you imagine how much more relaxed you'd be at work if you didn't have the normal "hum-drum" duties when you got home every night? Just the basics! Bathrooms, vaccum/sweep/mop and a dust weekly! I know that would save MY sanity...That also makes times for twice weekly bubble baths and pedicures!

MJ in MN

I don't know, but I would love to be your new bestest friend...LOL

Save and when you see something that strikes your fancy get it!

Congratulations on 25 years! $500! That's a nice gift - especially in this economy! I would definitely do something I really wanted with it and if I couldn't make up my mind, I'd wait until just the right moment when I found the one gift to myself I just couldn't live without!

For me, right now, that'd be clothes because nothing I own fits anymore!

Congratulations!!!

Just throwing some ideas your way... stuff I like-heh ;)

Fitness equipment and/or clothing
A New Bicycle or Skis or Golf Clubs
Outdoor Gear like Camping Equipment
New Computer or iPad
Cooking Equipment/Gadgets
Blu-Ray DVD Player
BBQ Grill
Roomba
High End Espresso/Coffee Maker

Last edited:
You ladies are awesome! Thanks for all the suggestions! I have a few weeks to make up my mind but I've got lots to choose from here.

Stebby

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.