Rebounder vs plyo jumps

cathe4me2

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,
I recently had a Meridian Stress Assessment test (from BioMeridian) which showed my lymphatic system is in a degenerative stage....long story... :(
My doctor emphatically suggested I quit doing step cardio, kickboxing, etc., until I get my immune system built up. She says I can do weight work, pilates, yoga, walking and using a rebounder.
Question: I cannot understand the difference between doing plyo jumps etc. in your workouts and using a rebounder.
My doctor talked about the jumping moves is wonderful for the lymph system. I just don't see why my beloved step with all the jumping moves and jumps is that much different than a rebounder.

I would so love to hear your thoughts and input when you get a chance.

I also appreciate how you have been so sensible about your injury. You have been my role model for over 8 years.

Wanda Joy

Rebounding is specifically recommended for helping with circulation of the lymph system. The G-force created by jumping on the rebounder can't be duplicated by jumping on a hard surface. A rebounder kind of 'pushes back' at you at the bottom of the jump, which the floor or a step doesn't do.

You can, however, transfer some of the jumping moves in Cathe's workouts (like modifying those in MIC or KickMax) to the rebounder, unless the doctor advises against it.

I use a rebounder for Cardio Coach, which is a series of guided interval wokrouts on CD.

Ah....now I get it. ;)
Thanks Lorrayne and Kathryn for explaining this to me. Looks like I will be heading to the sporting goods store. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.