Ready to Make Some Changes...

walkingchick

Cathlete
Hi everyone. I am a long time fan of Cathe, but haven't worked out regularly with her, or anyone else for that matter, in a long time.

Well, I'm 44 and overweight, and I am ready to start moving again. Of course, I will be starting small, just so I can keep moving. But the point is, I'm ready. I'm ready to stop beating myself up at the end of the day. I'm ready to stop panting after I walk up the stairs. I am ready to make the changes I need to make. I'm ready to start liking myself taking care of me.

I have two sons, ages 6 and 8, and I get so worried about not being here for them. I know I am not living the life I could, and I'm not treating myself the way I know I deserve to be treated. I have not been a priority to myself in such a long time, but I'm ready to change that, too. Seriously, I can't remember when I decided to let myself fall to the bottom of my list. Actually, I don't know if I'm even on my list.

So, I'm looking for a check in for some support. I've noticed that there are quite a few. Which would be the best place for me to start?

Thanks in advance for your help. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Pam

I don't do a check-in, but just want to encourage you! I was just where you are almost 2 1/2 years ago! I had been fit (with Cathe) and had just stopped working out and taking care of my body and gained weight and gotten unfit.

Sorry, I am not a member of any one group...I was and it was very helpful...but now all of forum is my group!

Just know you can do it!!! I have been there!

Best wishes to you!!

Hi everyone. I am a long time fan of Cathe, but haven't worked out regularly with her, or anyone else for that matter, in a long time.

Well, I'm 44 and overweight, and I am ready to start moving again. Of course, I will be starting small, just so I can keep moving. But the point is, I'm ready. I'm ready to stop beating myself up at the end of the day. I'm ready to stop panting after I walk up the stairs. I am ready to make the changes I need to make. I'm ready to start liking myself taking care of me.

I have two sons, ages 6 and 8, and I get so worried about not being here for them. I know I am not living the life I could, and I'm not treating myself the way I know I deserve to be treated. I have not been a priority to myself in such a long time, but I'm ready to change that, too. Seriously, I can't remember when I decided to let myself fall to the bottom of my list. Actually, I don't know if I'm even on my list.

So, I'm looking for a check in for some support. I've noticed that there are quite a few. Which would be the best place for me to start?

Pam

Good for you, Pam! We're here for you. I think most of the people on this Forum can certainly relate to the ups and downs of being able to take care of our physical selves. Kudos to your commitment. Keep us posted on your progress and what we can do to help.

Pam

Hi Pam,

You are welcome to join out check in- commit to get fit. We are a small group and we check in daily. We post what workout we did and about every day things. We'd love you have you join us. Our thread is monthly, so it's commit to get fit for March over at the check ins and challenges forum. Hope to see you there!

Kristin

Thanks, Carolyn. I know it's terrible, but I don't remember joining that group! It was probably right after I received my STS set. Guess I'm losing it! I looked on the check in page and didn't see the group. Am I missing it?

Kristin, Elsie, and Tracy...thanks so much for your support. I will probably be checking in on the commit to get fit challenge, too.

Pam

I can relate to your situation.

Im 34 and up until about a year ago I was an advanced exerciser, working out 5/6 days a week doing high impact and watching every crumb that went into my mouth. I was in total control... But then "life" happened and I went through a lot within a very short amount of time and got pushed to my breaking point and I broke. I ate and pushed off workouts until they were none existent.

Today im doing better but during all of the drama I gained about 40lbs and I'm so sick of it! Im sick of being uncomfortable and gasping for air during my workouts. I can't do the workouts I used to do because of the weight gain...I'm prone to injuries more and I run out of energy quickly.

Come and join the Commit to get Fit thread, its where I am :) Hope to see you there.

Pam - You came to the right place - we all love working out with Cathe because she makes us feel awesome! Who wouldn't - trying to keep up with her? My advice (take it or leave it) is to:

1) do her workouts (or others) - as soon as you are done doing it - I bet you're going to say - wow! I worked out. I am really sweating - good for me.
2) Make a commitment not to eat the bad stuff - sugar/flour/etc.
3) Increase your water intake and stay fueled.
4) Pat yourself on the back and repeat steps 1-4!!

So, plan your workouts this upcoming weekend and commit 1 hr. no matter what time of day it is and let us know Monday what you came up with;)

See you Monday!!
Cheryl

PS - My workout goal this weekend is:
Friday - Leg Press Mania (Legs & Glutes workout)
Saturday - Kickboxing and Heavy Bag workout
Sunday - Athletic Step
Monday - Upper Body
:cool:

Hi Cheryl! Thanks so much for the response and the support. I worked out yesterday and tonight, so I'm off to a good start.

Last night, it was the Time Saver Cardio from Low Impact Circut, and tonight it was High Step Circut. You can bet I was breathing heavy and sweating. It's been a while, but I do feel good.

And you're right. I may not be in the mood to do it, but once the disc is in and I'm moving, I always ask myself why I don't do this more often. :eek: I will have to work on my plan and let you know what I come up for the weekend. Oh, and I am checking in with a group for added support.

I do okay with water, it's the cleaner eating I have a tough time with. I need to kick the processed foods and the sugar! I will have to make a plan for that, too.

Thanks again!

Hi Cheryl! Thanks so much for the response and the support. I worked out yesterday and tonight, so I'm off to a good start.

Last night, it was the Time Saver Cardio from Low Impact Circut, and tonight it was High Step Circut. You can bet I was breathing heavy and sweating. It's been a while, but I do feel good.

And you're right. I may not be in the mood to do it, but once the disc is in and I'm moving, I always ask myself why I don't do this more often. :eek: I will have to work on my plan and let you know what I come up for the weekend. Oh, and I am checking in with a group for added support.

I do okay with water, it's the cleaner eating I have a tough time with. I need to kick the processed foods and the sugar! I will have to make a plan for that, too.

Thanks again!

Wow - I am so impressed by your immediate action!! Good for you!

Two more things as I think about them. I learned about Tosca Reno on this forum - check her out - she is the Queen of "Clean Eating". She's a little extreme - no one can be that good. LOL. But, alot of what she says is very sound advice and another tool in your toolbox.

Also - Cathe's Workout Manager calendar and the Cathe calendar she puts out once a year. I make sure I record all my workouts and calories burned to keep me on track. I always feel guilty if I have blank days with now workouts! (Oh, the guilt......:rolleyes:)

Congratulations again!!

Thanks again, Cheryl. Today ended up being a snow day for my boys. We had more than a foot of wet heavy snow here. So, today's workout was shoveling.:p

I actually have a couple of Tosca Reno's books. All I need to do now is put them into action! Again, I really appreciate your support. Everyone here has been so kind!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.