RE: MIS

Beth1

Cathlete
Thanks to everyone for your replies. I just finished a 3 week S & H rotation and am going to move to MIS for the next few weeks. My understanding is that this is strength/endurance work - hoping it will be a good choice now. I loved S&H but feel like I need a total body rotation but also don't want to lose the muscle I've gained - are there other workouts that would be suggested to alternate it with. Also, would doing this tape 3x week, or 2x with another weight session be too much? I want to keep muscle - that is my goal right now. Any thoughts/suggestions/opinions would be so welcome.
Thank you.

I've found Muscle Max to be a good total body "muscle maintainer". MIS is good (just did it yesterday), but I find MM to be more varied and fun. I do think that MM is a little light on the bicep work, so I just add in some extra. I wouldn't do it (or MIS) 3x a week, though; 2x is probably plenty. (I had previously been working each upper body part 3x a week and I did not see any benefits from it compared to working those same muscle groups 2x a week, but that's just me).

Shelbygirl

I second the opinion about using MuscleMax alongside MIS. And I agree about MM being more fun than MIS. Another suggestion might be to use the Timesaver workouts on the Gym Styles to do a long total body strength workout.

Sandra

I do MIS as a split. Mondays and Fridays I do the upper body. Wednesday I do lower and add PLB ball work only. I have limited time only about 45 - 60 minutes to workout. I will do lomax as one of my cardio's for additional leg work
Hope this helps

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.