Rave: Bob Harper

Stacy

Cathlete
I picked up his 4 DVD set at Target for $15 and OMG I'm loving it! All the workouts are kicking my butt! I even love that one also has a 20 minute Crossfit inspired workout on it. I believe all 4 dvds have 2+ workouts on them. Great bang for your buck! He's my goto instructor after Cathe!

I never watched biggest loser to much, I couldn't take that Jillian !! So I don't know what kind of personality he has, Jillian seemed to over shadow him or. Something. Sounds like a great deal you got!! But can u tell me how his personality is? Does the DVD have Some tape of music? Thanks for the heads up!!

I love Bob's workouts and Bob (minus the beard)! I think he is a sweetie, but can be tough in a motivating way. I have the Inside Out DVDs and especially like Yoga for the Warrior.

I have one week left in a 12-week all Cathe rotation. Might have to revisit some of his DVDs during my next rotation. Perhaps they would be a good mix with Horizontal Conditioning.

Lisa

I love Bob's workouts too--they are super tough and do the job. I love his personality in the DVDs--he pushes you! I think they are much harder than any of Jillian's workouts. I like her workouts a lot too btw--but his are just way tougher.

I've never watched The Biggest Loser so cant comment on his personality on the show vs his workouts.

I do have a few of Jillian's workouts and she can wear on my nerves a bit but nothing that I cant get over if I like the workouts enough. But that being said I dont like her workouts enough to reach for them often.

Bob, on the other hand is encouraging without yelling at you like Jillian can tend to do. He's definitely not as nice as Cathe (who is?) but I think for me, he pushes me harder than Cathe does, but in a good, motivating way. I think his workouts are different than Cathe's but in my opinion just as tough and in some ways, because they are different, even harder, but I dont have any dread factor with them.

As far as the music, I honestly dont remember.

I love Yoga for the Warrior as well! I do the 15 minute yoga ab workout often, it's very effective!

The set includes: (the box is blue and Bob is wearing a dark red t-shirt and black shorts)

1. Pure Burn Super Strength (contains two workouts, 60 min and 25 min)

2. Inside Out Method Body Rev Cardio Conditiong (two workouts, 60 min, 25 min)

3. Ultimate Cardio Body (two workouts, 60 min, 10 min for core and glutes)

4. Total Trainer Plus (30 min core & upper body, 30 min core & lower body, 20 min group class workout , and two 20 min "Living Fit" workouts the first one seemed to pause more for form pointers the second is a 20 min Crossfit workout)

Last edited:
Bob Harper takes it to a whole new level, trust me!

His toughest one, in my opinion, is "Total Body Transformation". It is one of my all time favorite workouts and definitely one of the hardest I own.

I really like Pure Burn/Super Strength and Ultimate Cardio Body, but Total Body Transformation is much better and definitely harder than either one. It's killer!

Another really good one of Bob's is "Ripped to the Core".

Found this today at Target..had to buy it. Tried the Body Rev Cardio..I didn't preview first, so I only made it through 18 mins since I did a kettlebell workout prior and the Body Rev Cardio has a lot of movements from kettlebells (swings but all the exercisers are using DBs). I mimicked the movements without weights..still felt a light cardio effect..! Look forward to doing the whole video later.

Last edited:
So now that you have sparked my interest, are any of these these w/o low impact? I cannot do high impact anymore so am curious if I will be able to do these w/o if I purchase them.

I never watched biggest loser to much, I couldn't take that Jillian !! So I don't know what kind of personality he has, Jillian seemed to over shadow him or. Something. Sounds like a great deal you got!! But can u tell me how his personality is? Does the DVD have Some tape of music? Thanks for the heads up!!

I so agree with you, Renee. Jillian gets on my last nerve! Just cannot take it!:confused::rolleyes:
But I always liked Bob...I might have to run down to Target today!

I havent done them all yet but as far as high impact, I dont remember there being too much. There are some sections with jumping jacks which have always hurt my knees, but I've subbed Cathe's Air Squats for those. The intensity from these workouts come more from moves like kettlebell swings (with db's or kb's) and similar type of exercise than from pure high impact moves.

Thanks so much for sharing this great find @ Target! I have been waffling on purchasing some of BH's workouts for a while now (based on other threads in this forum that recommended him), and this deal was just too good to pass up. :D

I did Workout 1 of Total Trainer Plus today after finishing Gym Styles Chest + Triceps, and it was super tough!

Thanks again!

I purchased this set on your recommendations and I am LOVING it as well! I have only done the upper body core w/o and the 14 minute lower body/balance w/o. Just Awesome! The lower body/balance just blew me away, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I did it followed by Lower Body Trisets. It made for a perfect lower body blitz!:D:D

Awesome, I havent tried that one yet! Maybe that'll be my morning workout! I did Total Body Transformation the other day, it's not part of the set, but OMG it kicked my butt, in a good way of course! I think the 4 DVD set, plus getting Total Body Transformation and Yoga for the Warrior is an "ultimate" BH set! I do hope he puts out a Crossfit inspired workout dvd. I did the CF "WOD" from the 4 dvd set the other day and it was a great, short workout!

Ok, off to do Burn Sets Chest and Bi's and then one of Bob's 30 minute mixes!

Ha ha Stacy! GMTA! I'm off to do STS meso 3 chest and back, then one of Bob's thirty minutes cardios! Enjoy your day!:D:D:D

Yoga for the Warrior is a tough workout. Haven't done it in a while so time to pull it out :)

Walmart is $9 plus tax. Shipping is $1.97
It's only sold online (not in their local stores) at target for $10.19 plus tax and shipping (about $13.62).
If you have an amazon account it's $9 plus shipping ? (free if you have a prime account).

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.