Rant about my body

nancy324

Cathlete
My body is on a roller coaster ride and I just entered the awful Famished Phase. I've never been like this before in my life. I literally have to eat every hour to stave off a feeling of hunger. I eat so much, I walk around bloated and have to resort to buying clothes that are a size larger. My underwear hurts. When this phase is over I go back to visit with Aunt Flo for almost two weeks, and then the cycle starts again. Oh, did I mention the profound depression that hits for hours at a time?? I guess this is what they call peri-M, but my cycle is still regular. I'm just way more miserable. :mad:

Hope that isn't TMI, but I just had to vent. Since misery loves company, it would also be nice to know that others are living through this. :p Blech. :(

(((Nancy)))

I an right there with you, although it sounds like I'm a bit further along in the menopause process. I have only had 2 cycles this year. I have to say, in my case, once my cycles stopped, so did all the symptoms. I don't have headaches anymore. No more monthly bloating and PMS. Nothing!

I still get a night sweat every once in a while (maybe once a month), but honestly that's the only symptom left. My last cycle was in May. I don't think I'm far enough along without one to proclaim that I'm done, but it's getting close!

This too shall pass!

Thank you Jeanne Marie! You give me hope! :D I'll think of you tonight when I'm in the store buying size large undies. :eek:

Been there done that. Eventually You cool down and things get better. If not, you figure out what is best for your body and you learn what makes you more comfortable.

In the mean time, try to eat foods that are in their most fresh/natural state. Vitamin B's help and exercising.

Perhaps one day, the Scientists will be able to figure out how they can help us and stay healthy at the same time.

I know it's not easy, but hang in there anyway, your not alone. (((((HUGS!)))))

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Last edited:
I don't know what to say Nancy except that I feel terrible you have to go through this crap. You are DA BOMB! Feel free to print this out and keep it on the fridge so that when you are feeling bad and need a snack you will be reminded how much your friends love you no matter how you feel or look (and you always look fabulous) ;)

Hi Nancy,

I think I am going through the same thing as you. It is frustrating and I'll be glad when it's over and my body settles down. In the meantime I try to eat as healthy whole foods as possible and not get so distressed about a bloated stomach and the scale going up sometimes 2 lbs in one day!!. I am 5 lbs over the weight I was at last year and can't seem to keep it off.

Cindy

I don't know what to say Nancy except that I feel terrible you have to go through this crap. You are DA BOMB! Feel free to print this out and keep it on the fridge so that when you are feeling bad and need a snack you will be reminded how much your friends love you no matter how you feel or look (and you always look fabulous) ;)

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{BEAVS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO :D

Been there done that. Eventually You cool down and things get better. If not, you figure out what is best for your body and you learn what makes you more comfortable.

In the mean time, try to eat foods that are in their most fresh/natural state. Vitamin B's help and exercising.

Perhaps one day, the Scientists will be able to figure out how they can help us and stay healthy at the same time.

I know it's not easy, but hang in there anyway, your not alone. (((((HUGS!)))))

Thanks, JJ. I went to my usual lunch place and ordered a quarter pound of roasted turkey and I'm eating one thick slice every hour. It seems to be warding off the Horrible Hungries.

Hi Nancy,

I think I am going through the same thing as you. It is frustrating and I'll be glad when it's over and my body settles down. In the meantime I try to eat as healthy whole foods as possible and not get so distressed about a bloated stomach and the scale going up sometimes 2 lbs in one day!!. I am 5 lbs over the weight I was at last year and can't seem to keep it off.

Cindy

Me too, Cindy. Or at least I'm fighting with that 5 lbs., losing it then gaining it back. Up and down. I actually bought a pair of pants in TWO SIZES so that one would always fit. :( Just what I need. To spend more money.

Wow. This is exactly how I've been feeling since August's road trip. I think I've gained at least 5 pounds these past couple of weeks. I've been incredibly hungry and craving foods I haven't wanted in months. For example, yesterday I ate a huge thai lunch (with brown rice). I was famished an hour later and had to eat something again! Then I had a huge sugar craving last night and ate ice cream. I haven't had sugar cravings since November of last year! I also am getting some mild hot flashes (like right now!).

Wow I can only say I have been reading this thread with EXTREME interest! I applaud everyone for telling it like it is. I just had - I think - my first real "menopause is very near" event. Last weekend I was nearing day 28 of my cycle, which was still regular up until this time around - and I got really bloated and felt horrible as usual - I gained 3 pounds in one day - but then, no period. The bloating went away after a few days, I am feeling fine now - but no sign of any period. I was feeling kind of sad/scared/etc about this but it is helping to read these posts to know I am not alone either! I haven't had any cravings yet but I appreciate the heads up on that too.

You're not alone. I think about food all the time! I've gained about 30 pounds. I haven't had TOM since June. Depressed from time to time, no night sweats at least not yet.
I've been doing lots of reading about Perimenopause. Things like black cohosh, exercise is suppose to help. One thing I read that gives me hope is that menopause is just puberty in reverse. When I think back to THAT period in my life I was experiencing a lot of the symptoms I am now: weight gain, depression etc. and after I was done with puberty I just started to lean out and lost 25 pounds without really trying. I hope that's what will happen after menopause. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Tam

Hey; it's like you're teenagers again!!! I don't mean to make a joke of what must be incredibly uncomfortable and frustrating it simply appeared to me like a similar transition causing us misery.

All the body issues; it's too bad we not only want to change how the outside is, but when the inside starts FIGHTING you it is enough to make you want to either curl up or hit yourself.

Hugs to everyone going through it. And Beavs, you're a bit of a bomb yourself!

Today I was so depressed in the afternoon, I had to think of things to get me through the next MINUTE. Then, as quickly as it came, the depression was gone and I was looking forward to things. Then, WHAM, anhedonic again. It's so nutso. :confused:

anxiety

Nancy,

For me, it's anxiety more so than depression, although neither is very pleasant. I will suddenly get an anxious feeling and it scares me. It lasts for hours. I haven't had this bad of anxiety in about 3 years and thought it was gone for good. Now I know what it is and have the skills necessary to cope with it an reassure myself that it will pass.

I guess it was worse for my mother's generation. I don't think women talked about it much or even understood what was happening to them. All I remember my mother saying was that she was going through the "change".

Cindy

Today I was so depressed in the afternoon, I had to think of things to get me through the next MINUTE. Then, as quickly as it came, the depression was gone and I was looking forward to things. Then, WHAM, anhedonic again. It's so nutso. :confused:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.