Question on New Fit Tower vs Old

fox2star

Cathlete
Hi,

I have the older version of the Fit Tower. It has 17 holes for adjusting the bar. Has anyone figured out a relationship to the level numbers from New to Old?

Eg: when Cathe says put the bar at the 7th hole, what is the approximate equivalent to the Old tower? I think the new one has 10 holes to use for adjusting the bar?

Hi fox2star, I had the first tower and have the new one. I tried to do exactly what you are asking, so I could keep
My old tower too, but, I couldn't get anything to measure out to suit me without being too complicated and it
Just wasn't worth the aggravation...I am not saying it can't be done, but I didn't have the patience:). So I got rid
Of the first tower and got me a second FitTower.....to be honest as well, the first one was just too wobbly, I would
Not have been satisfied with that,especially with some of these new exercises. Hope you can get something worked
Out.

It seems that some of this consternation may be slightly misplaced. From my eyes, what height Cathe uses (she's what, 5'2" or 5'4") would be notably different than what someone who is taller would use anyway. Leg length, arm length, height, even strength level will all affect what your own appropriate height should be (i.e. the pushups on the bar - the bar would be higher for someone without as much strength as Cathe; for leg exercises longer legs may change the bar height for max effectiveness). Seems this is just a matter of finding the correct height for YOU and your equipment. Then go from there. What am I missing?

Someone shared this picture with me with the numbers on the older tower so I hope this helps.

Attachments

• fit tower _n[1].jpg
    fit tower _n[1].jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 50
I did the Bootcamp with the old tower.I had no problem with my tower. Cathe is not very tall, so her number may not work for someone that is very tall.

Thanks for the replies and the picture! A good reference.

Another Cathlete said she would measure the holes from the floor up and let me know what the measurements were so I can match them with the holes on the older Tower. ( Thanks Lori!! :). I am about Cathe's height so when she mentions what she is using, I should be able to be right on, or maybe off by one number. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.